Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
manmask.jpg

When will this end?

One big problem is that so many do not take this seriously; about wearing masks, and not meeting in large groups, that those with other ailments, some life-threatening as well, cannot be treated in certain parts of the country. It is understandable, denial is a powerful force in our lives. I have to remind myself to be careful when around others outside the community. The abbot is constantly reminding us to not become slack. Hopefully, the vaccine will bring this nightmare to an end.

It is true, and thank God, that most people who get the virus do not need hospitalization, yet we now have 400,000 deaths, not counting those who die from other causes because of lack of space.in certain parts of the country. So far, I believe that Georgia is doing ok with ICU rooms, hope, and pray, this keeps up.

Even with the lockdown, or because of it, other problems are growing. Abuse within the home, addictions, and suicide, and yes poverty.

Reach out to family and friends, and neighbors who are alone, you could save a life, or make life bearable for them. A little love, like salt, goes a long way.--Br.MD

California's Covid-19 case surge is alarming - CNN

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 291188

When will this end?

One big problem is that so many do not take this seriously; about wearing masks, and not meeting in large groups, that those with other ailments, some life-threatening as well, cannot be treated in certain parts of the country. It is understandable, denial is a powerful force in our lives. I have to remind myself to be careful when around others outside the community. The abbot is constantly reminding us to not become slack. Hopefully, the vaccine will bring this nightmare to an end.

It is true, and thank God, that most people who get the virus do not need hospitalization, yet we now have 400,000 deaths, not counting those who die from other causes because of lack of space.in certain parts of the country. So far, I believe that Georgia is doing ok with ICU rooms, hope, and pray, this keeps up.

Even with the lockdown, or because of it, other problems are growing. Abuse within the home, addictions, and suicide, and yes poverty.

Reach out to family and friends, and neighbors who are alone, you could save a life, or make life bearable for them. A little love, like salt, goes a long way.--Br.MD

California's Covid-19 case surge is alarming - CNN

In Henry County, GA, we're struggling with hospital space. We aren't full yet, but it gets worse every day.

• Prayers
Reactions: Mark Dohle
Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The pandemic ends when people have had enough of the draconian orders issued by the state and ignore them acorss the board. Until then the tyranny will continue.

Tyranny? What is tyrannical?

• Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Mark Dohle

Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta
Visit site
✟44,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Forcing people to wear face diapers, closing businesses, destroying livelihoods....
It is lose, lose, situation for our leaders. The death count would most likely be double to what it is now without some form of control. It is hard enough for people to keep themselves safe. Wearing a face-mask has nothing to do with losing freedom, but about protecting others. If you take this to an absurd point, you can say the same thing about seat-belts, and helmets, when riding a motorcycle. If people were more careful, and did wear mask, and kept social distance, we would not be in the pickle we are in now.

The death toll will probably rise over 500-600 thousands deaths in our country (USA) before this is over, if not higher.

I understand your frustration, and do not expect my opinion to change yours ;-).

peace
mark

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It is lose, lose, situation for our leaders. The death count would most likely be double to what it is now without some form of control. It is hard enough for people to keep themselves safe. Wearing a face-mask has nothing to do with losing freedom, but about protecting others. If you take this to an absurd point, you can say the same thing about seat-belts, and helmets, when riding a motorcycle. If people were more careful, and did wear mask, and kept social distance, we would not be in the pickle we are in now.

The death toll will probably rise over 500-600 thousands deaths in our country (USA) before this is over, if not higher.

I understand your frustration, and do not expect my opinion to change yours ;-).

peace
mark
I oppose mandatory helmet and seatbelt laws. People know the risks, it's not governments job to keep us safe from our own bad decisions.

Upvote 0

Mark Dohle

Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta
Visit site
✟44,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I oppose mandatory helmet and seatbelt laws. People know the risks, it's not governments job to keep us safe from our own bad decisions.
I see your point. I believe the insurance companies are the ones who pushed this. They do not want to pay for people's stupid choices I believe. So speed limits are also an infringement? What about drinking
and driving? When living in a city of six million, I do believe we have to give up some freedoms so that we can simply function. Laws are needed for that. However, I think I am overstating your point.

Peace
Mark

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I see your point. I believe the insurance companies are the ones who pushed this. They do not want to pay for people's stupid choices I believe. So speed limits are also an infringement? What about drinking
and driving? When living in a city of six million, I do believe we have to give up some freedoms so that we can simply function. Laws are needed for that. However, I think I am overstating your point.

Peace
Mark
Insurance companies don't necessarily need laws forcing people to wear seat belts. They ought to be able to handle that issue contractually by providing reduced coverage if an insured or claimant is injured and not wearing a seat belt. Government is overly involved in insurance (no-fault is a good example), while I understand why they would lobby the issue is best suited for contract.

As for drunk driving, I would get rid of those laws entirely as they're nothing more than a cash grab for the state. We can look to scripture on this issue and apply it to injuries and death caused by drunk drivers. An injured party must be made whole by such a driver and if the driver causes death he should be executed. After a few executions of drunk drivers I rather suspect the incidence of drunk driving would be reduced dramatically.

As for speed limits, my issue is largely limited to speeds being unnecessarily slow in order to collect taxes in the form of fines. I would rather see no speed limit on expressways. Even in residential areas, a speed limit is largely unnecessary because people tend to drive safely in neighborhoods.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Forcing people to wear face diapers, closing businesses, destroying livelihoods....
Ah yes, making people wear face masks is the ultimate in tyranny. I’m sure Stalin would agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Dohle

Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta
Visit site
✟44,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Insurance companies don't necessarily need laws forcing people to wear seat belts. They ought to be able to handle that issue contractually by providing reduced coverage if an insured or claimant is injured and not wearing a seat belt. Government is overly involved in insurance (no-fault is a good example), while I understand why they would lobby the issue is best suited for contract.

As for drunk driving, I would get rid of those laws entirely as they're nothing more than a cash grab for the state. We can look to scripture on this issue and apply it to injuries and death caused by drunk drivers. An injured party must be made whole by such a driver and if the driver causes death he should be executed. After a few executions of drunk drivers I rather suspect the incidence of drunk driving would be reduced dramatically.

As for speed limits, my issue is largely limited to speeds being unnecessarily slow in order to collect taxes in the form of fines. I would rather see no speed limit on expressways. Even in residential areas, a speed limit is largely unnecessary because people tend to drive safely in neighborhoods.
Maybe you should run for office :oldthumbsup:

Peace
mark

Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know I asked my brother once why all the leather and the helmet when he goes out on his bikes...its a moped. He got bumped by a car and went flying, the thick leather jacket took the majority of the damage he would have gotten sliding down the road. The moped flew threw the air and hit his helmet...not fully but enough to crack it. If he had not had the helmet on he would be dead. Instead he got a huge knot on his head, a broken arm and dislocated knee. The point of the story is the masks do the same thing as the helmet and jacket, they do not prevent you from getting it know more than all the stuff my brother were kept him from being killed...what it did and what masks do is give you better odds. Your less likely to die if you were a helmet...your less likely to get covid or give it to someone else if you were a mask...it not about taking your precious rights from you. We all have right...but when your rights effect society as a whole it is no longer a right.

Upvote 0

Mark Dohle

Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta
Visit site
✟44,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know I asked my brother once why all the leather and the helmet when he goes out on his bikes...its a moped. He got bumped by a car and went flying, the thick leather jacket took the majority of the damage he would have gotten sliding down the road. The moped flew threw the air and hit his helmet...not fully but enough to crack it. If he had not had the helmet on he would be dead. Instead he got a huge knot on his head, a broken arm and dislocated knee. The point of the story is the masks do the same thing as the helmet and jacket, they do not prevent you from getting it know more than all the stuff my brother were kept him from being killed...what it did and what masks do is give you better odds. Your less likely to die if you were a helmet...your less likely to get covid or give it to someone else if you were a mask...it not about taking your precious rights from you. We all have right...but when your rights effect society as a whole it is no longer a right.
Yes, it is about caring for others. Protecting others. We live in a broken world, all we can do is to pray, seek to grow in trust in God's grace, and continue.

Peace
Mark

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not electable. There isn't much demand for Christians who actually believe in applying God's law to life and society.
What you are saying has nothing to do with Christianity or God. It is about man's personal opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What you are saying has nothing to do with Christianity or God. It is about man's personal opinion.
God provides certain powers to the church and to the state, nothing more and nothing less. Arguing that the state should limit its powers to only those provided it by God is not the folly of personal opinion but a command from God in his word.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God provides certain powers to the church and to the state, nothing more and nothing less. Arguing that the state should limit its powers to only those provided it by God is not the folly of personal opinion but a command from God in his word.
Give your opinion on what powers God has provided for the state.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Give your opinion on what powers God has provided for the state.
We see in scripture the powers given to government are limited to enforcing God's law and providing for defense against foreign invasion. That is all.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We see in scripture the powers given to government are limited to enforcing God's law and providing for defense against foreign invasion. That is all.
Which laws do you refer to? The laws which God gave to Moses?

Upvote 0