Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
tree5.jpg

No Two Souls are Alike

“I implore you, live in My love every single second. I don’t force you. I never force, even with
regard to My gifts. You are free to take or leave them. How often your freedom has crucified Me! And so, I wait
. . . I wait for centuries. Don’t you realize that I’ve been waiting a long, long time for you? No two souls are alike. None

Bossis, Gabrielle. He and I (p. 222).
Pauline Books and Media. Kindle Edition.

When writing from a faith perspective it can be difficult for those who do not share my faith, or even on the importance of God. Some, perhaps many, are indifferent to the question. Yet in the Christian revelation of the Father through Jesus Christ deals with a central human preoccupation. The longing, for as well on the reality of love.

Many non-Catholics, not all of course, or even the majority, but enough to make themselves heard, come across as if God the Father is more on the level of being a clock maker than anything else (deism). Jesus came, the line is drawn in simple terms, and if you do not fit, no matter the circumstances, then you are forever lost to eternal suffering even if you love God. If you do not call on the name of Jesus, or believe in His name, you are forever cosmic garbage.

Party Spirit is common in all religions, as well as in political parties, or social groups. In 1 Corinthians 1:10-13, St. Paul talks about ‘Party Spirit’ because of the disunity that was causing serious trouble in the community. The world is rife with it and is the cause of much of the suffering in the realm. Party spirit leads Christians to do what Jesus commanded that we do not do, and that is judge the soul, or worth of another human being. Jesus did come to save the world, not condemn it. It is true that actions can be judged, but the inner life of man is the preview of God alone.

We are left free in the end to decide if we will love God and others, or love ourselves, and what is important to us, leaving others out. In the last judgement scene in the Gospel of Matthew Jesus invited into the kingdom those who showed love and compassion for the downtrodden, the outcaste, the imprisoned. Those invited did not understand what he was talking about, leading Jesus to tell them that whatever they did for the least, they did for/to Him. To have a loving heart is a sign that Christ is at work in the heart. Jesus being God is not bound by any human understanding about the saving will of God. To truly love makes us truly human, to not love keeps us on a very low level of inner development and ends up with eternal isolation from God and others. It is a choice. Our choices will show what kind of fruit we will produce.

For instance, because I am Catholic, seek God, love God, believe in Jesus Christ, many will tell you that I and billions of other Catholic Christians will spend eternity in hell. I find that very strange.

Jesus said to seek is to find. If you knock the door will be opened. Well, I sense that the people I meet and talk to are seeking, and knocking, it is just that Christians can fail in showing the love of Christ apart from piling on one scripture quote after another more or less, in a mindless fashion.

A seeker will rejoice in the truth and kneel and worship Christ Jesus in joy. The non-seeker may not be happy with the truth and still kneel but in a fashion that is not freely chosen. In the end Jesus must be encountered and his freely given grace accepted. The is the wedding garment we are all called to put on. For it is grace that heals and brings us home, we are all loved and cherished, so let us love and cherish others as well. To pray for a truly loving heart, and a truthful heart, so that we may all speak truth in love.-Br.MD

Reactions: friend of