When trying to find like-minded people in church, false gospel is prominent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's customary for some to do this on boards to commit themselves into not helping to needlessly prolong a discussion anymore.

It helps commit to what they hope to do.

It's very tempting to get sucked into a discussion you're passionate about and difficult to get out.

It does. Never underestimate the power of one man or woman. It only takes one right person at the right moment to change the world for everyone. One person who could be influenced by this discussion could change the world someday.

Yankee Girl's point is whatever is being posted here, could be damaging to someone that's reading whatever is posted here, that's why I don't regard message boards to be a good place to seek any kind of life advice. Just speak to a professional, ie a therapist, a real member of the clergy, etc.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yankee Girl's point is whatever is being posted here, could be damaging to someone that's reading whatever is posted here, that's why I don't regard message boards to be a good place to seek any kind of life advice. Just speak to a professional, ie a therapist, a real member of the clergy, etc.

I actually found some of the posts more insightful than anything I heard from any church I've been to.

"We choose what we want to hear". A teaching found in the Bible I can't remember which verse.

One of the instructions given by Jesus to His disciples on how to preach, if people don't like what they hear, they don't welcome you, leave that place. It isn't what the church is trying to do. Stick around to death.

Because I think this life is all about a test. Not on a job of converting people as what the Pharisees were doing but seeking out people who will find the Gospel the good news, not the job of convincing people the Gospel is the good news.

I prefer speaking to the Holy Spirit than people who value their soul above the Truth.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd say I'd at the MOST, take with a grain of salt what I've seen posted here. At the VERY most.
I’ll make ya a deal..show the Books, Chapters, and Verses that prove what I’ve written as false. Or, have your modern pastor sign up for the chatroom and he can correct me using God’s Word alone. Then I will sincerely apologize here for my false ways, repent and ask God for forgiveness of my false ways, delete my posts containing my false ways, label myself an abominable heretic, join a local religious building, and I will also ask for the mods to ban me from the chatroom so I won’t be able to post my false ways here. Good deal, right?

Refute just 1/2 of what I wrote in this thread using scripture only. Or have your modern pastor come and do it. Actually, cancel that..I will make it easier...just prove one thing and I will do all the above I mentioned...all you have to do is show me where in the scriptures it says to rely on a ‘professional’ or a ‘real member of the clergy’ for God’s truth. Sort of goes against what the Bible says of God being a rewarder of those who dilligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6), or 1 John 2:27, John 16:13, John 14:26, 1 Corinthians 2:10-13, John 7:16-18, John 15:26, John 14:17, John 4:14, Ephesians 4:21, 1 John 2:20-21, 2 John 1:2 for that matter. But maybe I am wrong..show me the verses partner.

Use God’s Word only, I welcome whatever scripture-based correction you or your modern pastor have. No feelings, opinions, churchianity mantras, traditions, or dogmas..no lexicons, concordances, denominational seminary indoctrination, or anything else but The Word. Here’s your chance to display the good fruits of the weekend religious system, and the benefits to be obtained by relying on the pros. I just want the truth, because my walk with the Lord depends on it; teach me.

But something tells me that school is out for the day.

I came to a realization after so many years that everyone, including Christians believes in at least one lie in terms of what's right and what's wrong. We're born and grew up into it and now we think the lie is the truth.

It helped reinforced what I read in 1 John 2:27 and John 16:13.
That is very true. We have all erred in one way or another at some point. And what separates God’s sheep from churchianity’s goats is the heart..the parable of the sower, Matthew 13:3-9 is all about the heart. Same for the parable from Matthew 21:28-32 I posted last night. Matthew 25:31-46, 2 Corinthians 7:10, Psalm 34:18, Luke 18:13-14, 1 Samuel 16:7, Psalm 51:17, Matthew 15:18-20, James 4:8, Matthew 23:26, Isaiah 55:7, Psalm 119:11 and more..it is obvious what God really cares about. The heart..not vain, regimented weekend religion, seminary degrees, churchianese virtue signaling, pagan holidays, and self-righteous do-gooding to be seen of men. Building-based manmade religion is all about outward appearance, it’s ranks are filled with whited sepulchers (Matthew 23:27)..dressed up all neat and nice on Sunday, acting all Holy Holy Holy for 1 hour a week, they pay their lil’ lip service, then spend the rest of the week paying full service, to no one but their own selves. Chasing money and doing hobbies.

I mean come on..they even refer to the Lord Jesus Christ as ‘my personal Savior’..no, He is not just theirs..He is everyone’s, (1 John 2:2, Romans 2:11, 2 Corinthians 5:14-15, John 3:16, 1 Timothy 2:4, 2 Peter 3:9, Hebrews 2:9). That phrase ‘personal Savior’ I do not recall in the scriptures. He tasted death for every man..’whosoever’ (John 3:15). There is no ‘accepting Jesus as your personal Savior’, one of the top mantras of weekend manmade religion. That statement alone ‘accepting Jesus’ degrades Him..’ok Jesus, I guess you’re good enough for me, I accept you bro’. No..God accepts us, due to what the Lord Jesus Christ did for us.

I hate manmade religion, and refuse to be stifled by its adherents, gatekeepers, or any gaslighting and projection techniques. Their weekend rituals are vanity, it is the heart that matters to God. Weekend religion = lip service one day a week, the Christian Faith = putting on the full armor of God daily (Ephesians 6:10-20).

“Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.” —Luke 18:10-14

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'd say I'd at the MOST, take with a grain of salt what I've seen posted here. At the VERY most.

The point of having the Holy Spirit is you'll be guided into 'All Truth'. I'm sure not all doctrine you read in the board is false teaching. Some are truths.

Now, 'All Truth' doesn't mean just the Bible. It means everything. If it's just the Bible, Jesus would have made it very clear and mentioned about it. But if its just the Bible that is All Truth, then we won't be needing the Holy Spirit won't we?

And then the problem of corruptible churches or teaching false teachings without knowing it. Without the Holy Spirit, how would you know your church and pastors is teaching 100% the right stuff? Because they have PhD's in theology which is ironically not how guarantee someone knows their stuff. PhD's works in secular matters but not in spiritual matters. For that you need the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Anyone can have it, not just pastors and church leaders.

And if you have it, these boards aren't going to give you problems even if you give everyone the benefit of doubt what they say is the truth.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The point of having the Holy Spirit is you'll be guided into 'All Truth'. I'm sure not all doctrine you read in the board is false teaching. Some are truths.

Now, 'All Truth' doesn't mean just the Bible. It means everything. If it's just the Bible, Jesus would have made it very clear and mentioned about it. But if its just the Bible that is All Truth, then we won't be needing the Holy Spirit won't we?

And then the problem of corruptible churches or teaching false teachings without knowing it. Without the Holy Spirit, how would you know your church and pastors is teaching 100% the right stuff? Because they have PhD's in theology which is ironically not how guarantee someone knows their stuff. PhD's works in secular matters but not in spiritual matters. For that you need the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Anyone can have it, not just pastors and church leaders.

And if you have it, these boards aren't going to give you problems even if you give everyone the benefit of doubt what they say is the truth.
A PhD in ‘theology’ is one of the flaming hoops that has led to the many wolves, false teachings, and false converts within weekend building-based religion. The Biblical NT 1st Century Church was a participatory gathering (1 Peter 4:10-11). Not the one man opus of today. There was not any ‘theology’ in the scriptures; only ‘doctrine’ (Titus 2:1). This is interesting to me:

66E14A12-6E8B-4559-9F32-6C427B7D5611.jpeg

Interesting, that word THEORY..modern pastors are ‘educated’ in manmade religious theories. No theories in the NT 1st Century Church model. That’s one reason why weekend building-based religion has thousands of denominations. Religious theory. And of course, there we have one of the sacred cows of churchianity, good ol’ Augustine the ‘church father’ (so-called) right there in the mix..who incorporated Roman ideals into his manmade religion. Roman ideals..yeah how did that turn out...

It was the Lord Jesus Christ, not manmade institutions and their theories, which revealed to Paul what to preach during his ministry (Galatians 1:12). As you say, it is the anointing of the Holy Spirit we need, not PhD’s. Not ‘church fathers’ (so-called). Not any modern pastor, and not any youtube hustler hawking $20 Jesus coffee mugs.

That isn’t to say that there isn’t some good teaching in weekend religion. However, do modern pastors and their disciples actually practice what they preach? Or do they think they are entitled to dish it out, but when it comes time to rightfully take it, they believe they are above accountability? Do they see themselves as faultless, sinless Catholic Marys? Is the Bible just something they use to spiritually grandstand to be seen of men? Or is it something they seek to live by? Do they even actually believe what is written in the Bible? Really, I am just not impressed at all with the fruit of manmade religion that I have seen. I think it has many people falsely believing they are righteous, while falsely believing others are unrighteous.

I started out just like you. My desire was to know the truth of this Clown World. Then one day for whatever reason I cannot explain, God convicted me. Showed me what I was before Him, pointed me to the Lord Jesus Christ. Showed me it was I who put him up on that crucifix. Not the pharisees, or romans. I did. It was real astonishment what happened that evening. And I had extremely little churchianity experience or religious knowledge at all. Haven’t been to a church in my several years as a Christian. That’s the very short version of what happened haha. It humbled me extremely. And I believe it was the result of someone’s prayer that I got the conviction I needed, it is the only explanation I have, that for whatever reason, for the first time in my life I experienced what is mentioned in 2 Corinthians 7:10, and Luke 18:13. So I pray the same for you. That is very true what you say, the Holy Spirit will lead us to all truth, which includes that which may not be mentioned in detail in the Bible. What is done in darkness, eventually comes to light. And God can and will use what the devil intended for evil, and use it for the benefit and strengthening of His people.

“Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.” —Luke 12:1-2

“No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light. For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.” —Luke 8:16-17

“Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the Lord, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?” —Isaiah 29:15

“But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.”
—Genesis 50:20

“But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” —Romans 8:25-28

• Informative
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,055.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
However, do modern pastors and their disciples actually practice what they preach? Or do they think they are entitled to dish it out, but when it comes time to rightfully take it, they believe they are above accountability? Do they see themselves as faultless, sinless Catholic Marys? Is the Bible just something they use to spiritually grandstand to be seen of men? Or is it something they seek to live by? Do they even actually believe what is written in the Bible? Really, I am just not impressed at all with the fruit of manmade religion that I have seen. I think it has many people falsely believing they are righteous, while falsely believing others are unrighteous.

Probably because many Christians think "believing" simply means something they acknowledge to exist. But "believing" means a lot more in the Bible (John 14:12).

"Name" also means much more in the Greek that was used than just the English word. To most Christians, "name" simply means something to call a person.

But "name" in Greek (onoma) means so much more. Beyond something to call someone with, it also means 'authority' or 'cause.

To believe in Christ's Name (John 1:12)

Would be much closer in context to doing the same things that Jesus did (John 14:12). To do things for the 'cause' of Christ.

But to most Christians, to 'believe in His name' means to lean on His name while they sit back, relax, and do nothing under the comfortable assumption that's all there is to it (because they didn't want things to interfere with their worldly lifestyles).

They want the "Name" to do things for them, to grant their worldly wishes and dreams. And they do... But makes you wonder, is it really Jesus or God, granting their worldly wishes?

But the truth about 'believing' in the 'name' (John 1:12, John 14:12) is rather the opposite of what many Christians think of it. It's not about making it work for your existence in the world but to rather do something for it. Something that will eventually lead you to the truth because about everything in this world concerning what's right or wrong is a lie. We've been born into that lie so we think that lie is the truth.

I started out just like you. My desire was to know the truth of this Clown World. Then one day for whatever reason I cannot explain, God convicted me.

I was just a child when it happened to me and didn't understand it at first and I was in and out of whatever denomination that pleases me for a few decades until I've seen enough hypocrisy to get me to look deeper why Christians are "anti-Christs" meaning they keep doing things that is contrary to the nature of Christ, and they're not doing them because they're weak but deceived into thinking that's what Christ wanted them to do, thus, anti-Christ.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably because many Christians think "believing" simply means something they acknowledge to exist. But "believing" means a lot more in the Bible (John 14:12).

"Name" also means much more in the Greek that was used than just the English word. To most Christians, "name" simply means something to call a person.

But "name" in Greek (onoma) means so much more. Beyond something to call someone with, it also means 'authority' or 'cause.

To believe in Christ's Name (John 1:12)

Would be much closer in context to doing the same things that Jesus did (John 14:12). To do things for the 'cause' of Christ.

But to most Christians, to 'believe in His name' means to lean on His name while they sit back, relax, and do nothing under the comfortable assumption that's all there is to it (because they didn't want things to interfere with their worldly lifestyles).

They want the "Name" to do things for them, to grant their worldly wishes and dreams. And they do... But makes you wonder, is it really Jesus or God, granting their worldly wishes?

But the truth about 'believing' in the 'name' (John 1:12, John 14:12) is rather the opposite of what many Christians think of it. It's not about making it work for your existence in the world but to rather do something for it. Something that will eventually lead you to the truth because about everything in this world concerning what's right or wrong is a lie. We've been born into that lie so we think that lie is the truth.

I was just a child when it happened to me and didn't understand it at first and I was in and out of whatever denomination that pleases me for a few decades until I've seen enough hypocrisy to get me to look deeper why Christians are "anti-Christs" meaning they keep doing things that is contrary to the nature of Christ, and they're not doing them because they're weak but deceived into thinking that's what Christ wanted them to do, thus, anti-Christ.
Very good points. To me, this is real ‘church’ here..participating and actively sharing what God has put on us (1 Peter 4:10-11) to edify one another (1 Thessalonians 5:11); no manmade religious denominations or lifting up/exalting one over another, (1 Peter 3:8, Acts 2:44). And we are brethren, with no master or rabbi but Christ, no Father but God.

That is true what you mention about John 14:12, and doing the things that Christ did. Things such as loving, forgiving, doing good to, and praying for enemies. (Matthew 5:44). The Lord Jesus Christ also stood against the manmade religionists during His earthly ministry and sternly rebuked their false ways. He did say to keep His commandments. Including Matthew 23:8-10 and to beware of leaven (Luke 12:1). To love God with everything we have, and love our neighbor as ourselves (Mark 12:30-31)..which includes telling them the truth, which surely is not always in agreement with manmade religion. I would want to be told the truth.

“Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.” —Proverbs 27:6

But manmade weekend religion is built upon keeping the goats in the pews. I believe another poster already mentioned 2 Timothy 4:3-4.

You’re right, really all most people care about these days including most professing christians is having a nice comfy, cozy life with plenty entertainment and all their worldly desires met. Then they give God a few scraps here and there. Everyone’s a ‘Christian’ until it comes time to take up the cross and deny self (Matthew 16:24). Reminds me of this passage, not sure if anyone posted this one yet but it is good for this thread.

“This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.” —2 Timothy 3:1-7

Many people in manmade religion believe this passage refers to ‘the world’. But 2 Timothy 3:5 suggests it is the ‘church’ (so-called), the Amplified Version makes it easier to see that isn’t the case:

2 Timothy 3:5
“holding to a form of [outward] godliness (religion), although they have denied its power [for their conduct nullifies their claim of faith]. Avoid such people and keep far away from them.”

We are to avoid imposters but weekend building-based religion brings them into the midst, to leavenize the ‘church’ (so-called). It’s all about bringing more people into the buildings, more money for the gold plates that way. More unbiblical fiat money tithes. More people to C O N T R O L ! This is why I refuse to refer to religious buildings as a ‘church’. The true church is God’s set apart people.

I wasn’t sure what was going on at first either that evening I was convicted. I heard churchianity mantras so often about people having this ‘joy’ that the Lord Jesus Christ was tortured, humiliated, and nailed to a crucifix. Well for me it was the opposite. I felt genuinely terrible, worse than I ever felt before. Disgusted by myself. I had put Him there by how I lived my life, in defiance to God. For many years. And I could have already died at least once or twice at that point in time being reckless and stupid. That’s just the way I lived. Very reckless. But God allowed me to live and when that fact flashed into my mind I felt so awful for all I had done against God after he allowed me to keep living. It all just caused a change that is hard to describe entirely. After what happened that evening, I was never led to join a religious building. It just did not seem the right thing to do..so many denominations amongst the religious buildings. So many different teachings. So many manmade doctrines. I wasn’t seeing any of this in the Bible and felt very confused and uneasy about all these different religions in the weekend building-based system. So I always avoided them.

It seemed best course of action was to be very cautious. I was uncomfortable about taking teaching from anyone. I would regularly pray for God to lead me to sound doctrine. So I am glad you brought up 1 John 2:27. I studied on my own and whenever I came across something that felt ‘off’ or uncomfortable, I fled from it. However, we all do struggle with the flesh and will be wrong about things at times. It just never seemed to me that the denominational religious system was the way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.