Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word BAPTISM / BAPTIZO does NOT always mean water .

The BEST example is in 1 Cor 15:29 .

It reads Else what shall they do which are BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO for the DEAD , if the DEAD rise not at all ?

Why are they then BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO for the DEAD ?

I say , if water is not seen , when anyone sees the Greek word BAPTISM , check and see what it is really saying .

So what is Paul talking about in verse 29 ?

Water is not mentioned , WHY ?

And how can ANYONE be BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO for the DEAD .

How can a dead body be WATER BAPTIZED for the DEAD ?

dan p

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The word BAPTISM / BAPTIZO does NOT always mean water .

The BEST example is in 1 Cor 15:29 .

It reads Else what shall they do which are BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO for the DEAD , if the DEAD rise not at all ?

Why are they then BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO for the DEAD ?

I say , if water is not seen , when anyone sees the Greek word BAPTISM , check and see what it is really saying .

So what is Paul talking about in verse 29 ?

Water is not mentioned , WHY ?

And how can ANYONE be BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO for the DEAD .

How can a dead body be WATER BAPTIZED for the DEAD ?

dan p

There are two baptisms. One is baptism in water, the other is baptism in the Holy Spirit. It is best illustrated in Acts 8 in the account of Philip baptizing the Samaritans. Philip baptized them in water, but then sent for the Apostles to baptize them with the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are two baptisms. One is baptism in water, the other is baptism in the Holy Spirit. It is best illustrated in Acts 8 in the account of Philip baptizing the Samaritans. Philip baptized them in water, but then sent for the Apostles to baptize them with the Holy Spirit.
I wish to keep what the OPENING POST is saying , BUT I will go with you !!

Your thoughts then on Acts 19:3 and 4 and on 1 Cor 10:2 where they were were all BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO unto Moses , in the CLOUD , and in the SEA ?

dan p

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I wish to keep what the OPENING POST is saying , BUT I will go with you !!

Your thoughts then on Acts 19:3 and 4 and on 1 Cor 10:2 where they were were all BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO unto Moses , in the CLOUD , and in the SEA ?

dan p

John's baptism was merely a symbol of repentance. It was not for remission of sins. Christian baptism is for remission of sins and it is through that water baptism that we receive forgiveness for previous sins. The Israelites' passing through the water during the Exodus is also symbolic of their corporate baptism as a nation.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that Acts is the BETTER answer and it show 2 different types of BAPTISMS , the Baptism of John , but Israel will be BAPTIZED / BAPTISO with HOLY SPIRIT not many days hence , and that is pointing to the DAY OF PENTECOST .

CAN then explain 1 Cor 15: 29 WHY are they BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO for the DEAD ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You did not reply to 1 Cor 15:29 , Baptism for the DEAD and the answer is in Rom 6:1-5 .

And in John 1:31 , BAPTISM was sent to Israel ONLY , why only to Israel ?

It does not say sent to GENTILES , your thoughts ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They used water so common it was understood, without argument.

They would throw out most of the posts, if not all of them, and they would provide proper instruction to anyone who is seeking Jesus and Truth.
I would like your understanding of 1 Cor 15:29 where they are BAPTIZED FOR THE DEAD ?

dan p

Upvote 0