Los Angeles Area
✟829,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A knife attack every 4 minutes; 130,000 per year - but ...

Almost 130,000 attacks involved knives last year - equivalent to one every four minutes - according to the annual British Crime Survey.

The police data revealed 22,000 serious knife assaults - including 231 attempted murders - were reported to the police last year.

They don't quote the number of 'completed' murders, but we're still looking at deaths occurring in about 1 in a thousand knife attacks.

If only we had guns that only killed 1 in a thousand people that are shot.

What remedy do you recommend, that has not been done?

Universal background checks. 'Assault weapon' ban.

AK-47s are not made in the U.S.

Great, we'll make it illegal to import them. People will have to buy American made knives.

It seems a number of the senators/congressmen wannabes want mandatory gun confiscation

A number? Is it zero? It can't be too far away from that.

• Agree
Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You left off the part about the militia being well REGULATED.
Didn't leave it out. Not relevant. Who was the militia when the Constitution was written? Every able bodied man. And the Supreme court agrees. The amendment does not address the militia's right to bear arms. Remember, "The right of the people..."

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Didn't leave it out. Not relevant. Who was the militia when the Constitution was written? Every able bodied man. And the Supreme court agrees. The amendment does not address the militia's right to bear arms. Remember, "The right of the people..."
So why are kids, felons, people going to courthouses, etc, etc so often denied the right?

"Shall not be infringed".
Thats un-ambiguous.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So why are kids, felons, people going to courthouses, etc, etc so often denied the right?
"Shall not be infringed".
Thats un-ambiguous.
So we are getting silly now? We are also endowed with the inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Despite that we often imprison felons which affects their right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And some felons are executed.
.....Also some laws reasonably limit what juveniles, the mentally handicapped etc. can do. But those laws are not, cannot be applied blanket like to all citizens.
.....This past new years eve I was sitting at my PC doing what I do. I heard pop, pop, pop. Having been shot down 5 times in Viet Nam I know what gunfire sounds like. I crept to the window but did not see anything. An hour or so later as I was preparing to leave for a New Years service as I went through the front door I saw yellow police tape across the street on both sides of my house and 3-4 police cars with flashing blue lights in front of the house next door.
I later found out that someone had fired ten shots into the house directly across the street from me. One bullet ricocheted went through a car in the driveway next door and into that house. Nobody was hurt.
.....I live in a neighborhood with houses ranging from the high 100s to 300s.
I have been a law enforcement officer and have owned guns since the early 50s and none of my guns have ever ran out and shot or killed anyone.
So no thank you very much they will get my guns when they pry them out of my cold dead hands.

• Winner
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course you left it out. You're still leaving it out.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course you left it out. You're still leaving it out.
Not relevant. Does not affect the meaning at all and I have the Supreme Court to back me up. Got any more silly irrelevant objections?
No mention of the militia.

D.C. v. Heller was decided in 2008 and McDonald v. Chicago followed on its heels in 2010. In Heller, by way of striking down Washington, D.C.’s handgun restrictions, the court ruled for the first time that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to bear arms. Two years later, the court applied that ruling’s logic to the states as well.
The Supreme Court’s First Major Gun Case in a Decade

• Winner
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which might take a while, considering how hard it is to kill people with knifes if they're fighting back and you don't know what you're doing.

Unfortunately, there was actually a guy last month who killed 4 people in California with a knife.

4 dead, 2 wounded in Southern California stabbings

However, there are certainly more mass killings with guns than knives in the US. And there are more gun deaths in general than killings with knives:

Below is a link to the FBI data for homicides by weapon used for 2017 (I think 2018 is still incomplete). If you click into the links you will find that Alabama does not report this for some reason, so those numbers are missing. But what I have put below is the totals from states that report.

Table 20

Handguns 7,032
Rifles 403
Shotguns 264
Unknown Firearms 3,283
Knives (cutting) 1,591
Other weapons 1,860
Hands, fists, feet 696

Last edited:
Upvote 0