✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Tallahassee: Multiple People Wounded in 'Massive Stabbing' at Business

Where is the mandatory buy-back of all kitchen utensils? Why isn't Beto touring lunchrooms in order to inform himself of the cost of knives? And why, oh why, are there no mandatory background checks on people who want to buy silverware, allegedly (yeh, right) as "wedding gifts?"

It's frustrating.

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,504.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
When mass stabbings reach the frequency and kill count of mass shootings in a year, we can talk.

Notice it only says “wounded”.
Or when people start cooking and eating their meals with guns.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When mass stabbings reach the frequency and kill count of mass shootings in a year, we can talk.
Notice it only says “wounded”.
Quote me some official statistics then we can talk.
I guess that side will start confiscating knives and and other weapons once the US is totally disarmed, then those who will still have firearms i.e. police and criminals can do anything they want. just like they do in Russia, China, No. Korea etc.
That is why our forefathers included this in the Constitution "The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms will not be infringed."
The M-16 has been around more than 50 years. In Viet Nam in '68 as a pilot I carried a .38 caliber revolver but all my soldiers carried M-16s. So why is it that suddenly 50 years later the M-16 is responsible for all the mass shootings? What changed? The M-16 didn't.
In '66 the "Texas tower" mass shooter killed 17 people and wounded 11 others, he did not even have an M-16.
In 2001 Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people and injured 680 people with a truck load of fertilizer. I didn't see mass hysteria demanding that fertilizer be banned.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Quote me some official statistics then we can talk.
I would but reading the rest of your comment tells it’d be pointless to take the time.

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
People do kill people, with guns.

Any fallacy of false equivalency argument of comparing equitably the killing efficiency of guns with knives can be thrown away as ignorance inappropriate content.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people and injured 680 people with a truck load of fertilizer. I didn't see mass hysteria demanding that fertilizer be banned.
A number of countries, including Germany, Colombia, Ireland, the Philippines and China, have banned ammonium nitrate fertilizer. And some U.S. states started to regulate its use after the chemical was used in the Oklahoma City bombing.

Congress seeks new rules on explosive fertilizer

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would but reading the rest of your comment tells it’d be pointless to take the time.
Cop-out. Truth hurts doesn't it? I never say anything I can't back up.

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Call it what you want. I lost hope we’d ever address the problem when we let children die in their classrooms and did nothing about it. If you all want to hold up this one event as a sort of checkmate in the gun debate, you’re more than welcome to do that.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,557.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I know you're impatient, but you really shouldn't try this kind of thing until there's an incident where someone actually dies.
Which might take a while, considering how hard it is to kill people with knifes if they're fighting back and you don't know what you're doing.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnAshton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You carried a SW Victory .38 and not an M1911??
Why?
That was the standard issue weapon for pilots. The .38 is double action it can be drawn and fired with one hand and I did so more than one time. The .45 requires two hands to place a round in the chamber to be fired. A helicopter requires at least one hand on the controls at all times. There is no autopilot.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Call it what you want. I lost hope we’d ever address the problem when we let children die in their classrooms and did nothing about it. If you all want to hold up this one event as a sort of checkmate in the gun debate, you’re more than welcome to do that.
What remedy do you recommend, that has not been done? How would new more restrictive gun laws keep guns out of the hands of criminals? AK-47s are not made in the U.S.
It seems a number of the senators/congressmen wannabes want mandatory gun confiscation, in violation of the second amendment. In the event that happens how do they plan to get criminals to turn in their guns?
The only recourse I can see is to have armed police go into every home/building in the U.S., illegally, search for and confiscate guns.
And when that happens what is next? What is the next thing our benevolent "government" decides we the people should not have and the U.S. Gestapo raids our homes to confiscate?
"It can't happen!" Think again. In the 40s our benevolent government decided everyone of Japanese ancestry was a potential enemy so they rounded them up, stuck them in prison camps and confiscated all their property.
If only the police have guns which is the next group to be rounded up?

Als die Nazis die Kommunisten holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Kommunist.
Als sie die Sozialdemokraten einsperrten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Sozialdemokrat.
Als sie die Gewerkschaftler holten,
habe ich nicht protestiert;
ich war ja kein Gewerkschaftler.
Als sie mich holten,
gab es keinen mehr,
der protestierte.
Martin Niemöller 1946

When the Nazis came for the Communists,
I kept silent;
after all, I wasn't a Communist.
When they locked up the Social Democrats,
I kept silent;
after all, I wasn't a Social Democrat
When they came for the trade unionists,
1 did not protest;
After all, I wasn't a trade unionist.
When they came for me,
there was no one left
who protested

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which might take a while, considering how hard it is to kill people with knifes if they're fighting back and you don't know what you're doing.
A knife attack every 4 minutes; 130,000 per year - but ...
Knives were used in 14,000 robberies last year More than 350 people are the victim of knife assaults every day in England and Wales.[Link v]
A knife attack every 4 minutes; 130,000 per year - but ministers still insist crime rates are falling | Daily Mail Online

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is why our forefathers included this in the Constitution "The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms will not be infringed."
You left off the part about the militia being well REGULATED.

Upvote 0