Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, don't know what "the A" is.

Adversary

??? You don't think the Gospel is concerned with salvation?

Yes it is but by telling only part of the story the necessity of rejecting the will of man (Adversary) now, is eliminated. The will of God, His Kingdom now among us as a way of life and beacon of leadership has been rejected instead.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Can you show me in Scripture where such a thing is preached just as you've described it here?

Paul spoke of the Gospel of the Kingdom, not the gospel of salvation in at least three scriptures but did not elaborate, That is why Paul has been more popular then Jesus in the religion because attention can be focussed on other things than the Kingdom.

But ALL of Jesus teachings focused on the Gospel of the Kingdom.
he spoke of the self serving , self justifying will of man, of man changing the definition of good and evil to serve their purpose. He spoke of how they used their positions of power in church and out for gain at the expense of others. He then told of how we are to put the will of the Father first , a natural outcome of Loving Him over mankind, this loving neighbour as self, being selfless, servants to all. He showed how man's ways made all the evil in the world and how Gods ways would correct that. He commanded us to repent of man's ways for the ways of the Kingdom.

He did not divide man the ways man does, politically, by race, colour, religion etc,. The division He taught was between the will of man vs the will of God. Man;'s word we have built on our nature vs the Kingdom built upon God's. He told us to chose. Snipets of scripture are not necessary. Read what Jesus taught in the four Gospels with a mind aware of the division.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So, when you make some assertion about the kingdom of God and argue for its validity, you are attempting to establish a doctrine concerning the kingdom of God.

The Kingdom of God is not an assertion needing arguing for it's validity. It is there in plain sight all through Jesus' teachings, everything referring to the Gospel of the Kingdom. Mentioned in approx 70 scriptures. It is not a doctrine it is scripture plainly evident if read without what has been hammered into peoples heads by the religion since the original church lost is authority.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just a reminder... Satan quoted scripture when he tempted Jesus.
It is very straightforward to extract scripture as a premise or argument to justify one's personal ideas. This is done often, even in these Christian Forums. o_O;)

The Old Testament is quoted out of context 855 times in the new Testament.:preach:

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How'd you put it? Right back at you ? Wonderful truth you think ?

I'm looking for one of your posts to agree with. When I find one, I'll reply here.

Oh, you've misunderstood me, it seems. I couldn't care less if you agree with me or not. That's not what's important to me. What is important is whether or not I have communicated God's truth accurately, which I have. I just don't like it when someone like yourself insinuates, without proof, that I haven't.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Don't worry. If I run across any of your posts , if the post agrees with God's truth accurately, I'll let it be down. So far, I found some really bad posts that others already pointed out too, that do not seem to agree with truth, but I'm still hopeful. Everything must be brought out to the light and proven before believing it, by God's Word, in harmony with all God's Word, Plan and Purpose.

You seem to have rejected everyone's correction so far in this thread, in all the posts I've seen so far.

Pot and kettle. Pot and kettle.

Anyway, anytime you think you're up to proving your accusations, give it a shot. I can defend quite thoroughly and well what I believe, can you? From what I've seen from you so far, I doubt it. It isn't merely the strength of your belief that you're right that makes you so, you know.

Upvote 0

Paul G West Sr

Jan 29, 2019
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
✟17,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In today's world, there's "big sins" and "little sins". Homosexuality, fornication, murder, etc. are the "big ones". These are the sins that we focus on most, the ones that make us cover our mouths and look away in horror.

But what about the other sins that no one talks about? Little white lies, acting out in anger, hating someone (which is the same as murder!), disobeying our parents, pride, laziness...all these things are listed in the Bible as wrong. Yet we don't talk about them. Even adultery can get glossed over!

So when is it a sin? Why do we decide that some sins are more important than others and when does a sin become important? Why do we excuse hatred but stamp out homosexuality?

All sin is important to God. He hates sin! And He hates the little ones as much as the so-called big ones. We are not acceptable to God based on how big or how small our sins are, we are acceptable no matter what our sin life is like, as long as we confess our sins and turn from them (repent), asking Jesus to forgive us and become our Lord. He will move us away from sin, as we learn how wonderful He is and how it hurts Him to see us sin!

Your are discribing "religion" and Christianity is not a religion. Religion is a system of do's and don'ts that will put us in favor with god(s), but Christianity says there is nothing that we can do, Jesus did it all. Jesus paid for all sin, of all men, for all time! Oh praise His Holy Name!

Reactions: messianist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MyChainsAreGone

Image Bearer
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
✟36,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There seems to be just one level.

This is NOT true... else there would not be differing levels of judgment.

Consider Matthew 11:23-24 (NASB)

“And you, Capernaum, will not be exalted to heaven, will you? You will descend to Hades; for if the miracles had occurred in Sodom which occurred in you, it would have remained to this day. Nevertheless I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for you.”

These are the words of Jesus. Clearly He considered some sins more grievous than others.

As a side note, it's interesting to observe than hardness of the heart in unbelief is more grievous than the sins of Sodom.

David

Upvote 0

ooQQoo

Oct 23, 2019
La
✟560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In today's world, there's "big sins" and "little sins". Homosexuality, fornication, murder, etc. are the "big ones". These are the sins that we focus on most, the ones that make us cover our mouths and look away in horror.

But what about the other sins that no one talks about? Little white lies, acting out in anger, hating someone (which is the same as murder!), disobeying our parents, pride, laziness...all these things are listed in the Bible as wrong. Yet we don't talk about them. Even adultery can get glossed over!

So when is it a sin? Why do we decide that some sins are more important than others and when does a sin become important? Why do we excuse hatred but stamp out homosexuality?
When it is not in holiness. If it is unholy it is sin.

Upvote 0

MyChainsAreGone

Image Bearer
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
✟36,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When it is not in holiness. If it is unholy it is sin.
To be honest, QQ, that's not really helpful. Not unless you can provide the measure by which "holiness" is measured.

Is eating a Snickers bar holy? I wouldn't say that it is. But is it "unholy"? Well, I don't think it's unholy, either. So, is eating a Snickers bar sin? or not? Given the holy/unholy measure, how can anyone tell?

What does "holy" mean as you are using it? What does "unholy" mean?

Upvote 0

MyChainsAreGone

Image Bearer
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
✟36,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Holy, unholy... we either put God's will before our own or we don't.
So... what about the Snickers bar? Holy or unholy?

It's easy to assert potent words as the measure of things... but without objective definitions of those words, we don't have clarity yet. Even the phrase "God's will" is not an objectively and universally discernible measure... because His will is not the same for everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
because His will is not the same for everyone.
His will is putting the essential needs of others ahead of our own comfort. Loving all as self. It is not a will of self interest, self justification or gain at the expense of another. As for the sugar overload, it is a matter of environment. Was it stolen, is someone nearby in need of nourishment or wanting to treat a kid but unable to buy one? Is the eating of one oppressing anyone? Can we otherwise enjoy a simple pleasure? Such are the daily choices of man.

Upvote 0

MyChainsAreGone

Image Bearer
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
✟36,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
His will is putting the essential needs of others ahead of our own comfort. Loving all as self. It is not a will of self interest, self justification or gain at the expense of another. As for the sugar overload, it is a matter of environment. Was it stolen, is someone nearby in need of nourishment or wanting to treat a kid but unable to buy one? Is the eating of one oppressing anyone? Can we otherwise enjoy a simple pleasure? Such are the daily choices of man.
I don't think I disagree with you here... but don't you see how subjective all this is? There are so many variables...

The fact is that there's always some measure of self-centeredness in our every action... even repenting of our sin and coming to Christ can be pretty significantly motivated by self-interest... (who wants to face hell? Who wants heaven?). So even such motivations are not by themselves the objective measure of something being sin or not.

Coming to salvation is God's will for all of us. But it is NOT about "putting the essential needs of others ahead of our own comfort." It really and truly is the best thing for US!!

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The fact is that there's always some measure of self-centeredness in our every action... even repenting of our sin and coming to Christ can be pretty significantly motivated by self-interest..
How is repentance oppressing another? That is where self interest comes in.

Upvote 0

MyChainsAreGone

Image Bearer
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
✟36,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How is repentance oppressing another? That is where self interest comes in.
You said nothing about "oppressing another." You only said, "putting the essential needs of others ahead of our own comfort."

Repentance doesn't really have anything to do at all with "the needs of others"...

But I think you're missing my point... the problem is that your definition of how to discern what is and what is not sin is very subjective.

Upvote 0