Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry to hear that there is persecution of Christians even in America. About Pakistan, that is already too well known. But what can we say? I have been involved in helping and praying for persecuted Christians (read: those that lift up the gospel to the unbelievers) for a long time. But I have read the Bible and I know that it will never stop. The world will simply persecute us for believing in Jesus.

There is only one way for us, to continue to share Christ with the world, even more when we face persecution or hindrances. We know that it is really Satan who tries to stop us. The people who persecute Christians are themselves the greatest victims of their ill deeds. We must never start to hate them, but always lift up the forgiveness and salvation that is given to us in Christ.

It is encouraging to look on Paul the Apostle, who initially was maybe the worst persecutor of Christians in history, trying to destroy the small initial church. Still he became maybe the most important missionary in history. Who knows what may happen to the leaders of Cina, Iran, Saudi Arabia, India, Russia, Pakistan etc. Maybe they will also become like Paul? Let's pray for that.

God bless you, and all those who suffer for Christ

Disippelen :)
There is not persecution of Christians in America. There are incidents like this that occur because of ignorance of law, but there is not persecution.

Persecution is being fed to lions, or used as live burning torches - none of which has ever happened in the US or ever will happen.
Ringo

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is not persecution of Christians in America. There are incidents like this that occur because of ignorance of law, but there is not persecution.

Persecution is being fed to lions, or used as live burning torches - none of which has ever happened in the US or ever will happen.
Ringo
Ringo,

I agree with you to a point.
Persecution should be preventable because of laws in place. Technically, though, discrimination is persecution and does not require physical pain.

If someone is fired because they will not ignore their religious beliefs for the sake of their employer, they have been both discriminated against and persecuted for their faith.

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Ringo
Ringo,

I agree with you to a point.
Persecution should be preventable because of laws in place. Technically, though, discrimination is persecution and does not require physical pain.

If someone is fired because they will not ignore their religious beliefs for the sake of their employer, they have been both discriminated against and persecuted for their faith.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I see Ringo. Let's hope that it won't happen. Still I believe that TexasSky has a point.

Any way, we need to continue praying for (and aiding) those christians who really face persecution...

Disippelen :)
She does have a point. I am wary of claims of Christian persecution in the US, because far too often, it involves petty issues which don't even come close to persecution. This is perhaps an exception.
Ringo

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
She does have a point. I am wary of claims of Christian persecution in the US, because far too often, it involves petty issues which don't even come close to persecution. This is perhaps an exception.
Ringo
I think it works in reverse far more often than we Christians want to admit to. I live in the bible belt, and I've seen some serious conservatism used as justification for various forms of discrimination in the name of Christ - which I think is as wrong as discrimination against Christians.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think it works in reverse far more often than we Christians want to admit to. I live in the bible belt, and I've seen some serious conservatism used as justification for various forms of discrimination in the name of Christ - which I think is as wrong as discrimination against Christians.
That's also true. Sometimes those who were persecuted become the persecutors.

I'm not necessarily saying that's what's happened or happening in the US. But it does happen.
Ringo

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.