Traveling Around
Visit site
✟7,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Arrested for the Gospel

While I was on my normal route to New Haven I felt the sudden urge to turn around and go to Hartford for ministry instead. I had never preached open-air in Hartford before and wasn't sure exactly how to get there either. I did however find my way easily and located a great public place downtown for preaching.

When I first got out of my car a man was walking bye and I greeted him. We started talking and apparently his truck ran out of gas and he was stuck in Hartford. I don't know if you was lying or not but if he was lying then I am sure he got convicted when I gave him money and a gospel of John. He said he would read it. There was a lot of people in the downtown area. I set up my stool on a big brick walk way that had benches full of people and vendors. Like Paul I used a statue to spring board into the gospel. Near me was a statue of Christopher Hooker who founded Hartford in, I believe, 1634. He had a bible in his hand and the monument said it was in that spot where He preached the sermon that inspired the Hartford constitution. Some children gathered near me to listen and people were listening from the benches.

A man came out of one of the offices and asked me to move. I asked if I was breaking the law and he said "no". When he realized that I was going to move he told me that I was on private property and have to move. I think that was a lie because there were public benches all over that area and it was a public brick sidewalk but I said "Okay sir, where can I preach?" He showed me a area right across from where I was. When I started preaching there a different security guard came and said "Oh no they can't send you over here". Then all the security guards came together and agreed on a spot that I could preach at.

Although the only spot they said I could preach at was only inches away from the main road I preached there just the same. As soon as I started a man came out of the office buildings nicely dressed and started swearing repeatedly at me over and over again. He got closer and closer until he was only maybe an inch away from me. He was saying "YOU SHUT THE BLANK UP" over and over again. He got me a big crowd. I said "Sir you keep this up and your going to draw me a bigger crowd." He continued to yell and to spit and would not ease up. I told him if he doesn't stop I'll call the cops. He started doing a satanic sign along with his cursing and then told me he worships Satan. I said "In the name of Christ Jesus you leave me alone!" and he walked off.

That's when the cops showed up. They pulled me aside and said I can't use the microphone without a permit. Then they put me in the back of the police car and talked with me for a few minutes. When they released me there was an even bigger crowd there waiting to see what is going on. I stood up on my stool to address them but first looked over to the office and said "I can I preach now? He said "You can preach whatever you want without your microphone." So I preached the Law, sin, righteousness, judgment, and offered them Christ. A vendor came and complained to the cops and then to me. I told him I will keep him in mind but that I have only been here maybe a total of 10 minutes and won't be here for to long.

The cop pulled me aside and said I can't preach anymore because someone complained. I asked the crowd if they were bothered by what I was doing and many people said "NO" and nobody said "Yes". That's when they put the hand cuffs on me which gave me marks for two days and put me in the back of the police car. The officer went around the area for about 10 minutes talking to people. He probably wanted to get as many complaints as possible but later told me that nobody wanted to leave their information in order to complain. Finally the cop said "Look, we don't want to arrest you. We will release you if you promise not to preach." I said "Officer, it is 2:44 right now. If you release me then by God's good graces I'll be preaching again in public by 3:00." He said "then your going to jail" so I said "I would rather go to jail then to forfeit my right of freedom of speech. I would rather go to jail even for the rest of my life then to deny my Lord." He brought me to jail where I was able to witness to someone in the cell with me named Jeff. Pray for Jeff. He seemed touch. They took me out of the cell and said they were going to release me and I requested another 10 minutes behind bars so I could finish witnessing. They granted me the favor.

I did the math and realized that I have been preaching the gospel on the street for almost 2 years now without any real incident with the police. In the past 3 weeks alone I have had 6 different incidents with the police in 3 different cities, by 10 different police officers, 3 threats of arrest and 1 actual jailing. Something must have happened in the spiritual. A friend of mine sent me a quote from Ravenhill which he related to the situation. Ravenhill said "We haven't witnessed to somebody who's going to an eternal hell according to our theology but we talked about some trivial to them. Whisper in my ear that Satan has moved you up. He said you're getting to be dangerous to his kingdom. He says you're spoiling his plans, your thwarting his purposes, your pulling down his strong holds! We're not pulling things out. We're building pretty little churches and little rooms for people to sit around. If Jesus came back He wouldn't cleanse the temple, He'd cleanse the pulpit."

I think of a different quote from a man of God who said "And the problem today is that the salts lost its flavor and too many candles are under the bushel and under the bed. Now if the church ever recovers the power to break up demonism in the community it will bring down the wrath of evil and the church may land in jail but she'll learn how to sing in prison, pray down an earth quake. Folks are asking "will the church go underground?" Well she may develop more power underground then she's got above ground these days. We're not going to pray down earth quakes in committee meetings, sipping coffee and reading the minutes of the last meeting."

Of coarse they will claim that I was not "arrested for the gospel" but in reality, the only thing I was doing was preaching the gospel. I was doing nothing more and nothing less. If I were to go to Hartford and preach the gospel I would probably be arrested again. Mark this and be sure of this: This is America which our Christian four fathers fought and died for, so as soon as this court situation is settled, I will be back there preaching the gospel of eternal life to those people. I think I did good going two years without getting arrested; John Baptist lasted only six months. A preacher friend said "your not really apart of the club until you've been arrested." I will do as Jesus commands and "Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in Heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Please pray over this whole situation that the charges will simply get dropped and I can start preaching there again.

For the Audience of One
Jesse Morrell

Sharp

Jul 23, 2004
✟1,271.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
The early American Church of England colonies persecuted Quakers. While the English crown did not allow the colonies to execute Quakers, colonial authorities were free to arrest and fine them and expel them to other colonies like Rhode Island, which enjoyed religious freedom. Still the Quakers kept coming back again and again, being arrested repeatedly.

Finally the British parliment voted to allow religious freedom for Quakers. The colonists gave up and Quakers suddenly had freedom to preach and build churches in previously forbidden territory. Do you know what happened?

<drumroll please>

Answer: Nothing happened. The Quaker evangelists stopped coming.

Why? Presumeably this kind of ministry attracted people who love risk and respond positively to rejection. They like living on the edge. When the risk was removed, they moved on to other challenges. That is my take. It often happens when nations or cities allow religious freedom too.

I can see how God used the closed-mindedness of local merchants and police to actually promote the work of the gospel. I could direct your attention to the relevant law and law firms to defend your right to preach, but I do not feel that is what is needed in your case. You don't need that information, because you are right where you belong. Those seemingly closed doors are actually open doors. Who else but our Father could have tricked Satan into providing you with a larger crowd? Who else could have opened the prison doors to your one-on-one meeting with your cell mate? God says in Revelation that, "I open a door that no man may close." Remember that God has everything under control.

Bless you! I will pray for your friend too.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I do wonder about the leglity of this. There is freedom of speech and of assembly, but assembly is regulated and a person or group must receive a permit. city could not deny you a permit to preach at a given place and time, but for safety issues unannounced large gathering in public areas is regulated. It isn't persecution because this is the same for any type of gathering, religious or non. It would be the same if someone sat down on the corner with a guitar and a hundred people gathered around to hear him sing. I do feel for you for having ot undergo this experience, but this wasnt outside the scope of applicable laws.

Upvote 0

Jesse Morrell

Dec 13, 2004
Traveling Around
Visit site
✟7,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The cops never mentioned or asked if I had a permit. That wasn't the issue. They said the problem was that "people are offended". They even told me that, although I had a crowd that wanted to hear, if one person is offended then I am not allowed to speak.

Actually, the Alliance Defense Fund is already handling the case.

Upvote 0

Jesse Morrell

Dec 13, 2004
Traveling Around
Visit site
✟7,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I thought I would make everyone aware:

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet or not, but the big story that I hope everyone has heard about can now be seen on film. The 11 christians arrested during an open air outreach can be watched at:

http://www.afa.net/clp/videos/philly11.wmv

The American Family Assocation has put this film together.

I encourage everyone to commit themselves to prayer for these Christians. They are facing up to 47 years behind bars. Does everyone know the full story? I can post that too if I need to.

It doesn't look like there will be much room for Christians like us in this world, correction, there never has been. Do we count it all joy, when it costs us? All for the glory of God! Amen??

Upvote 0

Sharp

Jul 23, 2004
✟1,271.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Maynard Keenan said:
I do wonder about the leglity of this. There is freedom of speech and of assembly, but assembly is regulated and a person or group must receive a permit. city could not deny you a permit to preach at a given place and time, but for safety issues unannounced large gathering in public areas is regulated. It isn't persecution because this is the same for any type of gathering, religious or non. It would be the same if someone sat down on the corner with a guitar and a hundred people gathered around to hear him sing. I do feel for you for having ot undergo this experience, but this wasnt outside the scope of applicable laws.
No permit is needed to preach the gospel on the street. That very issue has already been settled at the US Supreme Court.

Now according to current law, the government may regulate time, place, and manner of free speech, but may not discriminate against content (as happened here) or require a permit. That means that the local police were in violation of the constitution in this case.

The http://www.aclj.org/ has some excellent free speech legal advice for Christians. They give free legal representation to victims of persecution and are part of the Alliance Defense Fund. See http://www.aclj.org/Issues/Default.aspx

Mr Morrell mentioned the ADF. They also have information online about Christian free speech rights and offer free legal help to Christian witnesses. I am so happy they are helping my online friend. Here is where you can get more sound advice: http://www.alliancedefensefund.org/
Enter "free speech" in the search engine at the top right of the main page to see links to 51 free speech case law pages.

Upvote 0

Sharp

Jul 23, 2004
✟1,271.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Jesse Morrell said:
The cops never mentioned or asked if I had a permit. That wasn't the issue. They said the problem was that "people are offended". They even told me that, although I had a crowd that wanted to hear, if one person is offended then I am not allowed to speak.

Actually, the Alliance Defense Fund is already handling the case.

Great! I am very happy the ADF is involved. They provide free legal aid to us believers and other victims of bias. Another group that represents Christians witnessing is The Rutherford Institute. Their website also addresses the free speech permit issue. See this interesting link about Niagara Falls, NY and permits to preach the Word of God. It is the same as your case. http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=553220&CategoryID=281341&startcat=1&ThreadID=1502050

You don't need a permit to preach the gospel.

Upvote 0

Topaz

Dec 14, 2004
Angels Camp
✟11,662.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is so sad our country no longer supports the basic freedoms of the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. They do not even teach these things in the public schools anymore. I support you in your right to freedom of speech, and religion. We are losing more of these rights every day.

Reactions: TexasSky
Upvote 0

arch-of-angels

Dec 16, 2004
washington
✟267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Topaz said:
It is so sad our country no longer supports the basic freedoms of the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. They do not even teach these things in the public schools anymore. I support you in your right to freedom of speech, and religion. We are losing more of these rights every day.
i know about the public schools,but i preach there anyway! i will not deny MASTER GOD

Upvote 0

Jesse Morrell

Dec 13, 2004
Traveling Around
Visit site
✟7,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is all about obeying God. As the disciples said when they were told not to preach, should we obey God or man? It shouldn't matter if we have a legal right to freedom of speach or not. God has commanded us to "go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature". He didn't say "go into all the places that allow preaching"! Whether our constitutional right to free speech remains, or whether we as Christians lose that right, it shouldn't effect our ministries. It shouldn't make even the least of difference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sharp

Jul 23, 2004
✟1,271.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Jesse Morrell said:
It is all about obeying God. As the disciples said when they were told not to preach, should we obey God or man? It shouldn't matter if we have a legal right to freedom of speach or not.
www.aclj.org

This excellent website is a great resource for you and others who need help and advice about religious freedom and religious free speech issues. God is still in control and America enjoys a wonderful Bill of Rights. The first amendment will protect you. It is not an either-or matter as you wrote. If it were, we would disobey human laws and preach, even at the risk of our lives.

Jesse Morrell said:
God has commanded us to "go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature". He didn't say "go into all the places that allow preaching"! Whether our constitutional right to free speech remains, or whether we as Christians lose that right, it shouldn't effect our ministries. It shouldn't make even the least of difference.
Surprisingly even the ACLU agrees with us on many free speech issues. We won that argument with them over a decade ago. Don't count on them for legal assistance, though. Instead you can get free legal aid from the aclj.

I must stress that America has not turned her back on us Christians. We are with you, brother. Be encouraged in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

Grl4Christ987

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy...on me
Nov 5, 2004
Physically, PA, spiritually, China
Visit site
✟9,338.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
They had no right to do what they did to you at all at least legally. While it is true that you need a permit for certain events, mainly protesting, you don't need a permit to preach open-air in a public domain. And they can't arrest you on the basis of someone who might be offended at what you are saying. I would highly urge you to contact the American Center for Law and Justice(www.aclj.org is their website) about the events that you have taken apart of. The ACLJ is the Christian predecessor of the ACLU*ahem anti-christ org. ahem* sry. The ACLJ just took care of a matter that we had concerning one of our ministries in a public place last year. They are very helpful. Hope they help.

Upvote 0

inhislove

Jan 11, 2005
Toba Tek Singh Pakistan
Visit site
✟145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Lahore. The agony of Hanifan Bibi family is not the first incident but thousands of Christian families in every street and colony of Pakistan face same situation by surrounding Muslim majority population. Any one by fear of Muslim influential persons does not know some cases surface and thousand incidents not reported. The incident of Hanifan Bibi is not matter of gangsters only but Muslim Member of Punjab Assembly seems also supporting gangster Muslim brethren against Christian victimizations.

The Story of Hanifan Bibi starts when on evening of 12th Jan 2005 Sharing Life Ministry Pakistan (SLMP) come to know through Mr. Joseph Francis, Coordinator CLAAS, that some Christian were taken to the General Hospital being seriously injured.

The Sharing Life Ministry Pakistan team reached General Hospital and met Pervaiz Kala Masih 25, Kala Surjan Masih 58, Hanifan Bibi W/O Kala Masih 55 and Kashif Aslam Masih 17, who were seriously injured, sobbing and crying.

Hanifan Bibi was very seriously injured. Her face was swollen and dark blue, red spots on her face were visible. Her back, buttock and ribs were seriously injured and swollen. She was weeping bitterly and heaving sighs. She was beaten brutally with bats and iron pipes.

Aslam Masih told “Hanifan bibi had been working in Saeedan Batni’s house in Iqbal town as a maid servant. On 10th Jan. 2005, Saeedan Batni with Mohammad Baber, Mohammad Amjaad, Mohammad Rashid in car # LRB-5259 and other car was without # plate came to Hanifan’s house. They broke the door of Hanifan Bibi’s house and took Hanifan Bibi, Pervaiz Masih, Kashif Masih and Kala Masih to an unknown place.

Moreover, Aslam said, “ After two days we saw the car # LRB 5259 in the police station in which Kashif Masih, Hanifan Bibi, Kala Masih and Pervaiz Masih were kidnapped.” He said, “ When we went to the police station Factory Area, Cantt. Lahore, we saw gangsters who kidnapped their dear ones were sitting with Mohammad Shahid Iqbad (Member Provincial Assembly) taking tea with SHO.

Kashif Aslam Masih told Sharing Life Ministry Pakistan team “ When we were taken to some unknown place, our eyes were kept closed with a piece of cloth, we were kept closed in an unknown place.

There were empty wine bottles in a large number. Some heavy physique gangsters were present there. Moreover, 16,17 young girls were also sitting over there. I came to know later that four/five girls were Christians”. Kashif told that “ my clothes were taken off, they hanged me by tying my feet with cord and turned my body upside down on the ceiling. Those cruel people started beating me with hot iron pipe. While Pervaiz and Kala were beaten with sticks, pipe and bats. They kicked us very brutally and cruelly.”

Kashif told SLMP team “when they were beating Hanifan bibi, they were continuously saying that she did not bring Christian girls so this was her punishment. We would implicate you in the case of stealing and you would be sent to jail. Sometimes, they said, “If you would ask your family members to arrange for 4 hundred thousand rupees, then you would get rid of this torture”.

Kashif told (weeping bitterly) “they put red chilies on the wooden stick and inserted in the anus.” “I got severe injuries on my sex organs.” Kashif Masih told SLMP team that “kidnappers burnt my body with hot iron.”

Hanifan Bibi Hanifan Bibi told Sharing Life Ministry Pakistan’s team that those cruel people took off my clothes in front of my husband, son and nephew. They put bottle of wine on my lips and said “ take this wine” they took off my clothes and made movie and took photographs”. “They beat me with wooden stick and rods very cruelly; they kept us hungry and thirsty for two days.” “They took us to police station to implicate us in the case of stealing”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I dunno about the microphone deal, but you were definitely not at fault here.

Pretty soon, they'll arrest you for preaching the gospel even without a mic anyways. Just be prepared. Anyone who doesn't think such people don't have an agenda, guess again.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This is just a micro sample of the oppression and persction.
Don't want to believe it?, just go out in any major and most small cities
and Live and preach against the evil there.
Salvation to the few who listen actively,
Lost to most as Scripture clearly says.

Arrested for the Gospel

While I was on my normal route to New Haven I felt the sudden urge to turn around and go to Hartford for ministry instead. I had never preached open-air in Hartford before and wasn't sure exactly how to get there either. I did however find my way easily and located a great public place downtown for preaching.

When I first got out of my car a man was walking bye and I greeted him. We started talking and apparently his truck ran out of gas and he was stuck in Hartford. I don't know if you was lying or not but if he was lying then I am sure he got convicted when I gave him money and a gospel of John. He said he would read it. There was a lot of people in the downtown area. I set up my stool on a big brick walk way that had benches full of people and vendors. Like Paul I used a statue to spring board into the gospel. Near me was a statue of Christopher Hooker who founded Hartford in, I believe, 1634. He had a bible in his hand and the monument said it was in that spot where He preached the sermon that inspired the Hartford constitution. Some children gathered near me to listen and people were listening from the benches.

A man came out of one of the offices and asked me to move. I asked if I was breaking the law and he said "no". When he realized that I was going to move he told me that I was on private property and have to move. I think that was a lie because there were public benches all over that area and it was a public brick sidewalk but I said "Okay sir, where can I preach?" He showed me a area right across from where I was. When I started preaching there a different security guard came and said "Oh no they can't send you over here". Then all the security guards came together and agreed on a spot that I could preach at.

Although the only spot they said I could preach at was only inches away from the main road I preached there just the same. As soon as I started a man came out of the office buildings nicely dressed and started swearing repeatedly at me over and over again. He got closer and closer until he was only maybe an inch away from me. He was saying "YOU SHUT THE BLANK UP" over and over again. He got me a big crowd. I said "Sir you keep this up and your going to draw me a bigger crowd." He continued to yell and to spit and would not ease up. I told him if he doesn't stop I'll call the cops. He started doing a satanic sign along with his cursing and then told me he worships Satan. I said "In the name of Christ Jesus you leave me alone!" and he walked off.

That's when the cops showed up. They pulled me aside and said I can't use the microphone without a permit. Then they put me in the back of the police car and talked with me for a few minutes. When they released me there was an even bigger crowd there waiting to see what is going on. I stood up on my stool to address them but first looked over to the office and said "I can I preach now? He said "You can preach whatever you want without your microphone." So I preached the Law, sin, righteousness, judgment, and offered them Christ. A vendor came and complained to the cops and then to me. I told him I will keep him in mind but that I have only been here maybe a total of 10 minutes and won't be here for to long.

The cop pulled me aside and said I can't preach anymore because someone complained. I asked the crowd if they were bothered by what I was doing and many people said "NO" and nobody said "Yes". That's when they put the hand cuffs on me which gave me marks for two days and put me in the back of the police car. The officer went around the area for about 10 minutes talking to people. He probably wanted to get as many complaints as possible but later told me that nobody wanted to leave their information in order to complain. Finally the cop said "Look, we don't want to arrest you. We will release you if you promise not to preach." I said "Officer, it is 2:44 right now. If you release me then by God's good graces I'll be preaching again in public by 3:00." He said "then your going to jail" so I said "I would rather go to jail then to forfeit my right of freedom of speech. I would rather go to jail even for the rest of my life then to deny my Lord." He brought me to jail where I was able to witness to someone in the cell with me named Jeff. Pray for Jeff. He seemed touch. They took me out of the cell and said they were going to release me and I requested another 10 minutes behind bars so I could finish witnessing. They granted me the favor.

I did the math and realized that I have been preaching the gospel on the street for almost 2 years now without any real incident with the police. In the past 3 weeks alone I have had 6 different incidents with the police in 3 different cities, by 10 different police officers, 3 threats of arrest and 1 actual jailing. Something must have happened in the spiritual. A friend of mine sent me a quote from Ravenhill which he related to the situation. Ravenhill said "We haven't witnessed to somebody who's going to an eternal hell according to our theology but we talked about some trivial to them. Whisper in my ear that Satan has moved you up. He said you're getting to be dangerous to his kingdom. He says you're spoiling his plans, your thwarting his purposes, your pulling down his strong holds! We're not pulling things out. We're building pretty little churches and little rooms for people to sit around. If Jesus came back He wouldn't cleanse the temple, He'd cleanse the pulpit."

I think of a different quote from a man of God who said "And the problem today is that the salts lost its flavor and too many candles are under the bushel and under the bed. Now if the church ever recovers the power to break up demonism in the community it will bring down the wrath of evil and the church may land in jail but she'll learn how to sing in prison, pray down an earth quake. Folks are asking "will the church go underground?" Well she may develop more power underground then she's got above ground these days. We're not going to pray down earth quakes in committee meetings, sipping coffee and reading the minutes of the last meeting."

Of coarse they will claim that I was not "arrested for the gospel" but in reality, the only thing I was doing was preaching the gospel. I was doing nothing more and nothing less. If I were to go to Hartford and preach the gospel I would probably be arrested again. Mark this and be sure of this: This is America which our Christian four fathers fought and died for, so as soon as this court situation is settled, I will be back there preaching the gospel of eternal life to those people. I think I did good going two years without getting arrested; John Baptist lasted only six months. A preacher friend said "your not really apart of the club until you've been arrested." I will do as Jesus commands and "Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in Heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Please pray over this whole situation that the charges will simply get dropped and I can start preaching there again.

For the Audience of One
Jesse Morrell

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is all about obeying God. As the disciples said when they were told not to preach, should we obey God or man? It shouldn't matter if we have a legal right to freedom of speach or not. God has commanded us to "go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature". He didn't say "go into all the places that allow preaching"! Whether our constitutional right to free speech remains, or whether we as Christians lose that right, it shouldn't effect our ministries. It shouldn't make even the least of difference.
And yet, I see thread after thread after thread after thread on this board, full of things that absolutely contradict the belief that Jesus is Lord, that are unchallenged by Christians.

Upvote 0

Disippelen

Peaceful Crusader
Dec 22, 2005
Oslo, Norway
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry to hear that there is persecution of Christians even in America. About Pakistan, that is already too well known. But what can we say? I have been involved in helping and praying for persecuted Christians (read: those that lift up the gospel to the unbelievers) for a long time. But I have read the Bible and I know that it will never stop. The world will simply persecute us for believing in Jesus.

There is only one way for us, to continue to share Christ with the world, even more when we face persecution or hindrances. We know that it is really Satan who tries to stop us. The people who persecute Christians are themselves the greatest victims of their ill deeds. We must never start to hate them, but always lift up the forgiveness and salvation that is given to us in Christ.

It is encouraging to look on Paul the Apostle, who initially was maybe the worst persecutor of Christians in history, trying to destroy the small initial church. Still he became maybe the most important missionary in history. Who knows what may happen to the leaders of Cina, Iran, Saudi Arabia, India, Russia, Pakistan etc. Maybe they will also become like Paul? Let's pray for that.

God bless you, and all those who suffer for Christ

Disippelen :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.