• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

When do you tell?

romen33

Aug 8, 2012
✟7,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At my old church I was often told to repent whenever I was feeling sad, it was also considered sinful to take meds. I always thought there was something wrong but never went to a psychologist because they said that it would be a sin and lack of faith. I had my first ever manic episode during a church service and taken to my MD. He recomended I see psychologis who diagnosed me as bipolar and put me on meds. After that I was disfellowshiped from my church for being "unrepentant" and a "disrupton to the ministry"

Upvote 0

romen33

Aug 8, 2012
✟7,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bipolar disorder can test all relationships, I was diagnosed 5 years after I as married and my wife has stayed with me and supported me through all this time. So I would say that a true friends will love you despite being bipolar. Its sad that a lot of people are afraid or simply misunderstand mental illness. God loves us despite all our flaws, but with people we have to more careful when to reveal that we are bipolar.

Upvote 0

Loven God

Sep 16, 2012
✟15,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was relived when I found out I was bipolar becouse it did not run in my family so I never gave beening bipolar a secound thought . I just known that things were very wrong . So when I found out I was bipolar I told anyone that would ask if I ever found out what was wrong . I know it is diffrent for everyone when to tell or not tell so everone has to make that descison for them selfs . You will know when you are ready to tell and know when the time is right for you .

Upvote 0