When both choices are equally hideous...

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So, say you were voting and your choice for Senate was either Rand Paul or Jack Conway, what would you do? What would you do?

A. Play eenie-meenie miney-mo?
B. Pray and ask for divine insight and then proceed to wait for the sign from heaven thereby causing a long line at the poll?
C. Deface the ballot?
D. Wince and ask for forgiveness while crossing yourself as you reluctantly decide to actually make the choice, knowing that neither was acceptable?
E. Leave that one blank and skip to the next dilemma on the ballot?

I went with D, but I'm wondering what others would do.

WiredSpirit

and all God's people said... meh
Jul 5, 2004
Evansville
✟2,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you ask Aqua Buddha?

Swim across the river and vote for Brad Ellsworth!

I'm not too familiar with Conway even though our media market covers Kentucky. You can't do worse than you've already got. CREW named Mitch McConnell the most corrupt US senator.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Did you ask Aqua Buddha?

Swim across the river and vote for Brad Ellsworth!

As much as I love going to Indiana for various things- Horsehoe and Huber's being up there, sadly, the thought didn't occur to me.

I was stymied for mayor too, but not because I didn't like the people involved. It's just that I couldn't vote for Abramson again. However, there are term limits there and I'm all for that. I actually like Jerry Abramson, and I'm planning on voting for him for Lieutenant Governor when Beshear runs for Governor again. Steve Beshear has earned my vote simply for running against Mitch McConnell for Senator that one time, which is a terrible reason to vote for someone (I don't think he's a bad Governor and think he's re-electable- so that's something- it is even better with Abramson running with him). I haven't been a Mitch fan since high school for a myriad of reasons. We need to ditch him and get a new guy in that seat.

Upvote 0

crishmael

nothing but the rain
Aug 29, 2008
Tejas
✟32,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So, say you were voting and your choice for Senate was either Rand Paul or Jack Conway, what would you do? What would you do?

A. Play eenie-meenie miney-mo?
B. Pray and ask for divine insight and then proceed to wait for the sign from heaven thereby causing a long line at the poll?
C. Deface the ballot?
D. Wince and ask for forgiveness while crossing yourself as you reluctantly decide to actually make the choice, knowing that neither was acceptable?
E. Leave that one blank and skip to the next dilemma on the ballot?

I went with D, but I'm wondering what others would do.
I've done D and E. Sometimes you get lucky and one of the bad choices has an obvious worse factor than the other. But I left 33 races blank on my ballot this time because I wouldn't choose either one.

Upvote 0

BoltNut

May 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
✟19,076.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
We've got a similar situation in California for the Governor's race. Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown and Meg "I'll buy my way in" Whitmann. Not much of a choice. It has to be one of those lesser of two evil decisions. Vote for the one who you dislike the least. It's either that or voting for a third party candidate if one is available. Trouble with that is that in a close race, you may end up with the "most evil" candidate.

I don't know what to tell you other than the 'ol hold your nose and vote method. It sounds like you made the best choice you could in your situation. Wish me luck, I'm going to vote in about an hour. I've got to do my bit to send Barbara "Botox" Boxer packing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bro_Sam

Feb 27, 2006
✟8,312.00
Faith
Calvinist

I'd love to vote for Rand Paul. Rand Paul, I think is going to be great.

On the other hand, consider my dilema, where I was forced to choose between Christine O'Donnell and Chris Coons, an idiot and a Marxist.

Thank God, there was a Libertarian Candidate for me to vote for.

I mean, granted, he doesn't stand a chance in Hell, but at least my conscience is clean.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

On the other hand, consider my dilema, where I was forced to choose between Christine O'Donnell and Chris Coons, an idiot and a Marxist.

I mean, granted, he doesn't stand a chance in Hell, but at least my conscience is clean.

I wanted to do that too, but I was reminded a vote for Ashjian/Reeves/Smith/any third party candidate or none of the above is equal to half a vote for Angle.

And she wasn't even worth half, not even with Harry Reid.

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

I think you are right about Rand Paul. When all the other tea partiers have faded into the DC woodwork, Rand Paul, if he is anything like his namesake (that would be Ayn not Ron) will continue to be the lone voice in the Senate wilderness crying out for individual rights and human liberty. At least the Senate finally has such a voice, even if he is the only one.

Upvote 0

Bro_Sam

Feb 27, 2006
✟8,312.00
Faith
Calvinist
I think you are right about Rand Paul. When all the other tea partiers have faded into the DC woodwork, Rand Paul, if he is anything like his namesake (that would be Ayn not Ron) will continue to be the lone voice in the Senate wilderness crying out for individual rights and human liberty. At least the Senate finally has such a voice, even if he is the only one.

I really do like Rand Paul and am glad he won. I'm only disappointed that Alvin Green didn't win in SC.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Except, of course, for the right of female citizens to make their own health care decisions. Can't have that. No, no, no. The li'l ladies should let the legislature make their health care decisions. Their li'l ole heads would just bust if they tried to think for themselves.

Upvote 0