Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If it isn't a hemisphere, is it a hemisflat?
You do realise that a hemisphere is flat along the bottom? :)

Well you can still circumnavigate (that was their word choice) the earth east to west just not over the poles....
Didn't the French captain Jean-Baptiste Charles Bouvet de Lozier name a peninsula Cape Circumcision (on the north-western edge of subantarctic Bouvetøya), because they believed that they had completed the "cutting around" of the "circle of the Earth" at this point?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Didn't the French captain Jean-Baptiste Charles Bouvet de Lozier name a peninsula Cape Circumcision (on the north-western edge of subantarctic Bouvetøya), because they believed that they had completed the "cutting around" of the "circle of the Earth" at this point?
Did you know Charles Duell, the Comissioner at the US patents office said "everything that can be invented, has been invented"? People can be really, really, really, really wrong.

But to speak directly to the quote from 250 years ago, I'd suggest you read up on the Transglobe Expedition

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Did you know Charles Duell, the Comissioner at the US patents office said "everything that can be invented, has been invented"? People can be really, really, really, really wrong.

But to speak directly to the quote from 250 years ago, I'd suggest you read up on the Transglobe Expedition

"Transglobe Expedition", .. so did they use a paper globe map? I'm still looking for someone, anyone who used the paper-globe on an expedition, .. trip, .. walk, .. any travel whatsoever?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
"Transglobe Expedition", .. so did they use a paper globe map? I'm still looking for someone, anyone who used the paper-globe on an expedition, .. trip, .. walk, .. any travel whatsoever?
No. The Transglobe Expedition used a "paper map" to travel almost exclusively directly upon the surface of the world while passing over the north pole, and later, the south pole. They used a flat portable paper map for two reasons:
1) When you are travelling around the world, you need to be very efficient with your space usage. A globe would be far too big.
2) Not only that but you need incredibly scaled down and numerous maps. If you've ever done a multi day expedition in the wilderness (hikes and canoeing for myself) you would know that it can be very important that you have detailed maps for the area you will be hiking or the river you will be canoeing. For a 3.5 day canoe trip, my buddy brought along 5 maps. about 110kms. I think if you would be travelling for that long, you'd be dealing with a couple hundred maps. I don't think it would make sense to bring a couple hundred globes. That and globes showing a 20km patch of earth wouldn't have much curve on it anyways..

I wonder whose mind gets COMPLETELY blown when they see 3 dimensional animals. Are they able to transcribe a 2d image of, say, a squirrel and recognize it as a 3 dimensional squirrel?

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
No. The Transglobe Expedition used a "paper map" to travel almost exclusively directly upon the surface of the world while passing over the north pole, and later, the south pole. They used a flat portable paper map for two reasons:
1) When you are travelling around the world, you need to be very efficient with your space usage. A globe would be far too big.
2) Not only that but you need incredibly scaled down and numerous maps. If you've ever done a multi day expedition in the wilderness (hikes and canoeing for myself) you would know that it can be very important that you have detailed maps for the area you will be hiking or the river you will be canoeing. For a 3.5 day canoe trip, my buddy brought along 5 maps. about 110kms. I think if you would be travelling for that long, you'd be dealing with a couple hundred maps. I don't think it would make sense to bring a couple hundred globes. That and globes showing a 20km patch of earth wouldn't have much curve on it anyways..

I wonder whose mind gets COMPLETELY blown when they see 3 dimensional animals. Are they able to transcribe a 2d image of, say, a squirrel and recognize it as a 3 dimensional squirrel?

Have you seen Globers try to flatten a globe map of our continents on a flat paper map with any accuracy?

Exactly, .. because The Earth Is Flat, which is why only a flat map works.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Have you seen Globers try to flatten a globe map of our continents on a flat paper map with any accuracy?
Yes I have. Take some examples and show me what they have done wrong. Don't give me kids maps. Give me some nautical maps....
Say, let's start with this one:
galveston_nautical_1993.jpg

So how do you respond when you see bears in real life?

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Arius said:Have you seen Globers try to flatten a globe map of our continents on a flat paper map with any accuracy?
Yes I have. Take some examples and show me what they have done wrong. Don't give me kids maps. Give me some nautical maps....
Say, let's start with this one:
galveston_nautical_1993.jpg

So you keep showing me a flat-earth map of our Flat earth to prove that the globe plotted on a flat map is more accurate? lol, .. you funny.

So how do you respond when you see bears in real life?

I put a gummy bear on our Flat Earth map, right over the California Redwood National Park.
Did you know we have 3-D flat earth maps too? But we don't try to wrap that on a globe cause it just don't look right especially Antarctica that surrounds our whole world. Would have to cut 75% of it out to make it fit.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

As was quite common for Christian explorers, they named the object for the feast day on which they saw it. In this case, January 1, the 8th day after Christmas, and the day that Jesus was circumcised. Hence, Cape Circumcision.

But nice try.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Once you get far south, the distances and bearings predicted by a flat earth are just wildly wrong.

We don't predict plotting maps, you go, see, measure and plot. Explorers have always used flat paper to plot flat maps, so How on Gods Flat Earth can a flat earth map plotted by explorers on flat paper be wrong? Show me One explorer in history who plotted new worlds he came across on a paper globe? As far as all evidence I have ever seen is that all expeditions were plotted on flat maps, even Globers plot them on flat paper.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
So you keep showing me a flat-earth map of our Flat earth to prove that the globe plotted on a flat map is more accurate? lol, .. you funny.
no. I'm showing you a nautical map. There a no such thing as a "flat earth map". Im hoping you can explain exactly what that map got wrong. I'm expecting sassy, snarky and/or evasive non sequiturs but I'm ever hopeful.

Did you know we have 3-D flat earth maps too? But we don't try to wrap that on a globe cause it just don't look right especially Antarctica that surrounds our whole world. Would have to cut 75% of it out to make it fit.[/QUOTE](giggle) 700 years of cartography...but they haven't figure out how to do that ?
Antarctica surrounds our whole world eh? North South East and West? So does it have all four seasons like we do in Alberta? Are the West and eastern regions tropical? What kind of creatures would we find in different parts of Antarctica?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
no. I'm showing you a nautical map. There a no such thing as a "flat earth map". Im hoping you can explain exactly what that map got wrong. I'm expecting sassy, snarky and/or evasive non sequiturs but I'm ever hopeful.

A Glober telling a FE'r remarks are: sassy, snarky and/or evasive non sequiturs, while throwing us bones from already consumed plates of the fat One World Rulers and their minions, .. garbage like this "map of our solar system":

and like this one, which has a little skin on the bone that TV-programmed Glober's eat up;

Looks like something Robert Norman Ross would paint with his flip-flops as a joke!?

Did you know we have 3-D flat earth maps too? But we don't try to wrap that on a globe cause it just don't look right especially Antarctica that surrounds our whole world. Would have to cut 75% of it out to make it fit.

(giggle) 700 years of cartography...but they haven't figure out how to do that ?
Antarctica surrounds our whole world eh? North South East and West? So does it have all four seasons like we do in Alberta? Are the West and eastern regions tropical? What kind of creatures would we find in different parts of Antarctica?

The 'North' is in the center, going anywhere South of that gets cold and you reach the Ice-wall. It's really simple actually.
Look, it's not about 700 years, or 13-billion years, it's about plotting what we see the way we see it so it can be legible, like the Flat earth on a flat piece of paper. Trying to convince anyone that the FE-maps are actually of a globe just won't work, and heavens know they tried. So why don't you just stick with the Illuminated Ones space with planetary maps which NASA has a patent on.

New 3-D map of the Universe - the best one yet! - space.com

.. see, perfect. No FE'r could argue about the accuracy of this map, which cost us taxpayers trillions of dollars to finally have it all plotted out with such impeccable accuracy, .. and frankly, I doubt any FE'r would even try. (even though according to my triangulation, the Earth looks a few parsecs off, .. you see that? But I'll have to go over my figures again, so don't call NASA just yet!?)

PS
How is it that no Glober has ever answered my question I have been asking for many years yet: "What is your universe expanding into?" And no, saying; "it may be infinite" is not an answer.

• Winner
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nabil.a.c

Feb 26, 2019
Bristol
✟7,696.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you're a Christian and would like to join us on whatsapp, please let me know in a PM and I'll send you the link to our group.

Blessings.

If you're a Christian and would like to join us on whatsapp, please let me know in a PM and I'll send you the link to our group.

Blessings.
I would like to join pls message me so I can give my number

Upvote 0