Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Once or twice I would juxtapose a triad of plain ice cream, creamed rice pudding, and plain yoghurt.

Once using a bought flan case and some jelly mix I baked a "pink flan" using plums and (eating) apples in their skins but can't remember how.

At the works canteen and old fashioned cafes I would love a chunky suet and custard.

I "skilfully" work an egg yolk (and a little milk) into the packet custard mixes while they are hot but ensuring they don't clot.

Pudding mix metaphors are a key to so much in life: linguistics, history, philosophy, sciences . . .

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Am just about to bake one of my favourite rhubarb crumbles. Will post a picture of the result..............

Homemade is absolutely delicious not too sweet for me still like it tart, with not too sweet a topping either and fresh custard. Ummmmmmm.

Peace be to all those in the Body of Christ.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,745.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
IMG_20220206_144125.jpg

Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

How much filling to crumble do you use? The portion looks smaller than I expected but looks good. If I have a cheat meal it is quite substantial compared to a dining experience.Lol.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,745.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
How much filling to crumble do you use? The portion looks smaller than I expected but looks good. If I have a cheat meal it is quite substantial compared to a dining experience.Lol.

I like the crumble to be quite deep and normally throw it all into a deep baking tin. But I've got a friend coming over to stay tomorrow and bought some individual ceramic ramekins - just having a go today to see if i can get it just right!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like the crumble to be quite deep and normally throw it all into a deep baking tin. But I've got a friend coming over to stay tomorrow and bought some individual ceramic ramekins - just having a go today to see if i can get it just right!

Crumble is not as easy to make as some believe. Good luck with it.

I always like it when some of the rhubarb base bubbles around the edges with a nice crunchy top.

• Agree
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0