Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
XDS .45 with 185 grn HP and extra round magazine. Very accurate at up to 20 yards and with 185 is much more manageable in terms of recoil. If I need smaller I carry the Bersa .380 CC.

Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought I wrote that statement at first. Same here. I have a spandex band that goes around my calf which is where I put it when my shirt is tucked in or I don't have a jacket on. Nobody has ever said anything or seems to have noticed it. Even veteran officers show surprise when I tell them I am carrying a .45.

Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Taurus 738 TCP in a DeSantis pocket holster. Why? The little Taurus has the best feeling trigger of any mouse gun I've shot and that little pistol has functioned flawlessly every time I've shot it. It can deliver 7 rounds of .380 ACP ammo (six in the magazine, one chambered) in a hurry.

Bear in mind that I'm in a low crime area, so I keep the Taurus just in case. However, I do have a Bersa Thunder .380 ACP in my car, a Smith & Wesson Shield .40 S&W in the desk drawer in my office and a Ruger 9E 9mm Luger (tied with my Stoeger Cougar .40 S&W for being the most enjoyable to shoot) in my nightstand. The Taurus is just the most concealable thing I own.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And the question is, "If you live in a low crime area what are you afraid of?" The answer, like my wife once told a Texas State Trooper after relating to him the entire list of firearms we own was, "Nothing."

Upvote 0

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And the question is, "If you live in a low crime area what are you afraid of?" The answer, like my wife once told a Texas State Trooper after relating to him the entire list of firearms we own was, "Nothing."
Amen to that. Add to my list of firearms my wife's Sig Sauer 9mm at home and the Charter Arms Lavender Lady .38 special (yes, a purple revolver) that she carries and we're pretty well covered in our "low crime area" part of the world...

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
.45 Double Tap tactical pocket pistol. About the size of a smart phone. The most painful firearm I have ever fired. Even hurts more than a .500 Smith and Wesson and that's saying sumthin!
One of the 'truths' I try to pass on to those considering a personal defense gun (or new in the area) is that of 'give and take'. A 'smaler' gun is easier to hide, but is more noted in recoil (other factors being equal) and more difficult to control and deliver shots accurately than a 'bigger' gun. A 'bigger' gun is more pleasant to shoot and control properly, but is more difficult to carry. There is NO free lunch.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't carry as often as I used to, but I'm trying to get comfortable with it again.

Used to carry G19 regularly or LCP for pocket holster. I really don't like the grip angle on the LCP, but other than that, it is just about the perfect mouse gun.

When I'm sent to unfriendly areas for work or asked to do church duty, I tend to carry 9mm Shield. Good compromise pistol.

Upvote 0

favoritetoyisjoy

Nov 12, 2004
✟21,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Colt Gov't 45, Glock 17, and Kel-Tec PF-9 are my choices. The PF-9 goes most often, what little I carry, because it's so convenient. My area is about as safe as you can get. For worst case, I'd choose the Colt with its Wilson 10-shot mags and deal with the concealability issues.

Glocks are new to me so I'm gaining familiarity and hopefully confidence in the G17. So far so good, the only downside is the quality of the trigger pull after being so used to enhanced 1911's.

Upvote 0