What's wrong with racism?

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'll just go ahead and quote another poster in this thread (emphasis mine):

Can you see how the prejudice benefited those native americans in the job market?

The same can be said today about asians in various fields of science.
I said all...not just a specific group.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Why is racism bad? Different people are different (duh). Is it wrong to point that out?
I guess I forgot, in my first post, to explain why racism is bad. It is bad because racism ignores the Lord's commandment that we love our neighbor as ourselves.

But I'd like to repeat that it's also wrong to falsely accuse someone of being a racist, and there seems to be a lot of that going on in this day and age.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I said all...not just a specific group.
Well.. it did benefit everyone. The native americans/asians got/get hired, the people hiring them got/get good workers, the people who benefited from the work got/get the best work possible and those who weren't hired can find employment that is better suited for their skills, thus preventing them from getting fired a few weeks down the line.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well.. it did benefit everyone. The native americans/asians got/get hired, the people hiring them got/get good workers, the people who benefited from the work got/get the best work possible and those who weren't hired can find employment that is better suited for their skills, thus preventing them from getting fired a few weeks down the line.
You only listed asians and native Americans ...I'm talking about everyone..not just 2 groups of people

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You only listed asians and native Americans ...I'm talking about everyone..not just 2 groups of people
I was of course talking about everyone involved.

There is nothing that can benefit every single person on earth. If you want to go by that metric, you have given me an impossible task that I respectfully refuse.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If something's stupid its stupid. What positives can come from being prejudice ?(positives that benefit everyone)
Ill wait -_-

Prejudice is a strange thing.
Since it is easily directed toward a person who identifies with a particular group....

But then the truth is, not everyone who identifies with a particular group....all believe the exact same thing.

Jesus tells us...to LOVE all....
friend and enemies.

Jesus tells us...to separate ourselves from being OF the World to being OF Him, even though we still live IN the World.

It is natural for people to be most comfortable with their LIKE KIND; for some that is Race, or Gender, or Religion, or place of Abode, or particular Governments, or who have similar interests, etc.

There are obvious DIFFERENCES among people, and no one is required to LIKE everyone.
Love ALL, Yes. Like ALL, No.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So.. once you're done quoting scripture, would you mind telling us all why it is relevant?

It looks like you're using it more as a shield for deflection.

While it's true that humans tend to form tribes, it's not true that those tribes must necessarily follow "racial" lines. I gave you that from both a historical non-religious viewpoint and a Christian viewpoint.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
While it's true that humans tend to form tribes, it's not true that those tribes must necessarily follow "racial" lines. I gave you that from both a historical non-religious viewpoint and a Christian viewpoint.
Couldn't agree more.

Especially in racially homogenous societies, tribes are based on non-racial lines.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just because you have a black girlfriend,husband,friend or whatever doesnt negate racist feelings towards a group of people. He could still just like her and hate the the rest of black people...or he could just be using her.

or he could recognize that good and evil exists in all races of humans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Racism is to judge a person to have certain attributes based on there skin color.
Prejudice is prejudging someone or something without knowing the facts.
Both of these are bad.
Jesus said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged, for with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged.
Proverbs 15:28 The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I'll just go ahead and quote another poster in this thread (emphasis mine):

Can you see how the prejudice benefited those native americans in the job market?

The same can be said today about asians in various fields of science.

Exactly! Using someone's race to determine their work ethic, knowledge of science or proclivity for violence can make it easy to sum up a person quickly.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But it's more than just skin. It's ethnicity and culture. What if one race, skin, and culture really is better than all the rest?
What if the moon was made of Swiss cheese?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
But of course racism is just naturally a part of being human. Calling someone a racist is particularly awful because you accuse someone od something.
Well, it isn't awful if your accusation is true. And, no, being a racist isn't part of being human. Why should the color of someone's skin affect the way I feel about someone?

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I guess I forgot, in my first post, to explain why racism is bad. It is bad because racism ignores the Lord's commandment that we love our neighbor as ourselves.

It doesn't mean we don't love them.

Look, I can disapprove and criticize a race or ethnicity it doesn't mean I don't love them, only that I think their actions are wrong or lowly.

In the same manner I may disapprove of what my brother does in his life, but it doesn't mean I don't love him.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Well, it isn't awful if your accusation is true. And, no, being a racist isn't part of being human. Why should the color of someone's skin affect the way I feel about someone?

Well suppose a particular race is well known for being greedy. Greed is a sin. I do not approve of sin.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly how enjoyable is it to be discriminated, mistreated, and abused simply for something that is literally skin deep?
Everyone gets treated like that here. So when is it ok and when it it not ok to abuse people?

Upvote 0