1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Oleander IS wild olive. There is no difference whatsoever in olive that grows in an orchard from an olive that grows untended. I grew up in a new housing track were half the yards had olive trees that were sold dirt cheap back when it was first opened up, and most of the home owners never bothered to take care of them. They were perfectly ordinary olive trees.
But did the oleanders breed with the olive trees?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't think so, my mom owns a pecan farm all the trees are grafted it's not pecans with walnuts it's pecans with pecans.
My example of peach tree branches onto plum roots is REAL. Another common one is Pears are usually grafted onto quince roots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
But did the oleanders breed with the olive trees?
That's not the purpose of the grafting. The purpose was that the oleander would grow much better because it had a superior root source (such as my analogy to the peach/plum combo).

Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My example of peach tree branches onto plum roots is REAL. Another common one is Pears are usually grafted onto quince roots.
I agree with you this multi-grafting is something done by man so is altering DNA but I digress.

The book of Romans clearly states that they are both olive trees one cultivated and one wild but both olive trees not olive and oleander. The grafting was done so they could strengthen each other. That is how I understand it.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't think so, my mom owns a pecan farm all the trees are grafted it's not pecans with walnuts it's pecans with pecans.
You are not understanding me. If your mom is grafting pecans onto pecans, the only reasons I can think of for it are to
1. more easily cross polinate
2. use the better stock of the graft

But most grafts are of unlike species. Read the article I gave you and it will give you all the different reasons for it. Cross pollination is NOT a reason, unless its nectarines, etc. (Nectarines are a peach/plum hybrid. Is that offensive to you?)

Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You are not understanding me. If your mom is grafting pecans onto pecans, the only reasons I can think of for it are to

But most grafts are of unlike species. Read the article I gave you and it will give you all the different reasons for it. Cross pollination is NOT a reason, unless its nectarines, etc. (Nectarines are a peach/plum hybrid. Is that offensive to you?)
I will read your article to respect your position.

Upvote 0

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

So I read it with the exception of the how to portion and one of the reasons was to create a hardier plant

"Take advantage of particular rootstocks. Compared to the selected scion, certain rootstocks have superior growth habits, disease and insect resistance, and drought tolerance."

So take this spiritually as Paul speaking of people not plants. This original root stocks, The Jewish people, hold the oricicles of God and they can enlighten the gentiles coming into the faith on how to behave in the Family of God -Israel. They would learn in the Synagogue every Shabbat because Moses is being read. Acts 15:21
For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath.”

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
So I read it with the exception of the how to portion and one of the reasons was to create a hardier plant

"Take advantage of particular rootstocks. Compared to the selected scion, certain rootstocks have superior growth habits, disease and insect resistance, and drought tolerance."

So take this spiritually as Paul speaking of people not plants. This original root stocks, The Jewish people, hold the oricicles of God and they can enlighten the gentiles coming into the faith on how to behave in the Family of God -Israel. They would learn in the Synagogue every Shabbat because Moses is being read. Acts 15:21
For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath.”
Yes, we agree. And this is largely what you see today, although I'd like to see even more of it. The Gentile churches, although they do not need to follow the 613, nevertheless read the Torah for inspiration in how to "Love your neighbor as yourself," as well as to familiarize themselves with the various Bible stories. As Christianity is no longer a sect of Judaism, and hasn't been a sect of Judaism since the Bar Kochba war, Gentiles no longer meet in synagogues.

Upvote 0