What's the weather like where you are? (10)

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟63,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We had a lot of rain this winter- our old average maybe. Waiting to warm up. Then too hot and fire season. Praying for rain in September. We have a couple buck brush shrubs, a couple small crape myrtles, a couple oleander (deer proof), and a huge red bud ready to bloom, a bunch of oaks and wild trees. I heard you talk in’.
The heat will be here quickly so it will be nice to savor the 70s and 80s forecast for next week. We've been over-average for rainfall each month so far this year, but those months are normally our driest so I guess that's not saying much. ;)

What is buck brush? We have a number of crape myrtles and oaks, too. I've had a hard time keeping a red bud alive so have given up on them. We've been allowing some native trees -bayberry and hackberry I think and several types of fir - to grow in various places and have transplanted native shrubs that grow behind our back fence and our neighbor's back fence. Also love Turk's Cap. Natives thrive and look nice when cared for, while nursery stock no matter how pretty tends to die as time goes by. Though I can't help but try something new each year just in case.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The heat will be here quickly so it will be nice to savor the 70s and 80s forecast for next week. We've been over-average for rainfall each month so far this year, but those months are normally our driest so I guess that's not saying much. ;)

What is buck brush? We have a number of crape myrtles and oaks, too. I've had a hard time keeping a red bud alive so have given up on them. We've been allowing some native trees -bayberry and hackberry I think and several types of fir - to grow in various places and have transplanted native shrubs that grow behind our back fence and our neighbor's back fence. Also love Turk's Cap. Natives thrive and look nice when cared for, while nursery stock no matter how pretty tends to die as time goes by. Though I can't help but try something new each year just in case.
We’re from a 7 area in the western garden book. Usually 6 mos rain and 6 hot dry summer. The redbud is in mostly shade. It grows wild here, ours is planted from 3 inch pot, watered a little at first and now we have to cut back a little. It’s blooming late this year. Buck brush is a volunteer, wild, deer food, hard to describe. Most of the wild has been killed here and was habitat for deer births. We have no fence.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,786.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Cool and dry. Temperature 10.7 Celsius outside (51.3 Fahrenheit) on the patio, although it's probably a bit cooler in the back yard.

Winter and the months either side are the most comfortable here (Brisbane, Australia) as the summers are hot and humid.

Techically winter starts on 1st June - 2 days away.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Cool and dry. Temperature 10.7 Celsius outside (51.3 Fahrenheit) on the patio, although it's probably a bit cooler in the back yard.

Winter and the months either side are the most comfortable here (Brisbane, Australia) as the summers are hot and humid.

Techically winter starts on 1st June - 2 days away.
51 F. is nice. 70 is best. :)

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,786.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That was quite early in the morning. Last night it was supposed to be 57 fahrenheit at midnight, and 75 at midday.

Our cooler months tend to be balmy, but our summers are hot and humid.

We don't have much of an autumn or spring as our climate is subtropical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamantina

Catholic revert and Lay Carmelite
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2008
West Covina, California
Visit site
✟55,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Currently 60F
Had a high of 67F
It has been overcast, and there was drizzle into the late morning.
Southern California: "June gloom" is fairly common in SoCal, but usually it is somewhat warmer in June around here. Any precipitation this late in the season is highly unusual.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.