What's the weather like where you are? (10)

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
With my wife and I not getting any younger; handling temps over 90 F; can be problematical. Our AC can usually knock off 20 degrees or so off the outside temp; so for 93F like we had a couple weeks ago; we were able to get it down to 73F; which is about as hot as we like it. So if we get 102 Saturday; like was forecast; it could be around 82F inside. Not good.

And here in the Cascades; we are in a small valley surrounded by hills of about 1500-2000 feet; and the temp can be 2-5 degrees higher because the wind is not as strong.

Does anyone have any tips on staying cool; or foods to eat that cools you off?

Prayers would be appreciated.
I pray for some cool weather for you. I found that putting your feet in cold water is good. A bowl will do.
Our heat wave has come to an end and we have cooling rain. Bliss.
Looking forward to Autumn, this summer has been so hot.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well it could be raining or sunny. I am at the hospital with my husband who was poorly today.
No windows, so it will be a while before they finish the tests and I can go home.
Snow? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well it could be raining or sunny. I am at the hospital with my husband who was poorly today.
No windows, so it will be a while before they finish the tests and I can go home.

Looks like nice weather for Manchester:):

2020-08-17 10.01.07 www.google.com 627c061b0629.png

• Friendly
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Oops! here is the UK Celsius readings:oops::
2020-08-17 10.13.15 www.google.com 4bb70324903d.png

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Rugged Cross

Jun 18, 2020
Orkney Islands
✟13,678.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK - SNP
For the past week we have had hot sticky weather, but as per normal around here it is usually followed by fog, which we have and as I love foggy weather it pleases me.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Our warm sticky weather has gone now and it is quite pleasent. A warm breeze as well but no rain today. It could rain overnight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hot and clear forecasted for today and this week until Sunday; then we are to get some smoke from one of the many forest fires blazing out here in the PNW:

2020-08-27 06.38.15 forecast.weather.gov ed06ff18011a.png

Not good for those with allergies to all kinds of smoke.:(..like me, my wife, sister, several friends and about half of the people I know. Seems like there are a lot of people that have allergies around here; or is it a modern thing; with all the environmental air pollution; in doors and out?

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hot and clear forecasted for today and this week until Sunday; then we are to get some smoke from one of the many forest fires blazing out here in the PNW:

View attachment 283410
Not good for those with allergies to all kinds of smoke.:(..like me, my wife, sister, several friends and about half of the people I know. Seems like there are a lot of people that have allergies around here; or is it a modern thing; with all the environmental air pollution; in doors and out?
Yes, i heard about the fires, i have been praying for protection for you. We had fires last summer over the moors on the hills nearby but thankfully not this summer.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, i heard about the fires, i have been praying for protection for you. We had fires last summer over the moors on the hills nearby but thankfully not this summer.

Thank you MP. :wave: Praying for you and your husband. :amen:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

only a sojourner

Apr 7, 2014
United States
✟127,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Some bright red's emerging on a few precocious maples in this area. However the foliage is overwhemingly green. In the last several days temperatures have fallen rather dramatically and we have frequent rains.

Upvote 0