Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't know if it was caused by the weather.

On my mind now is horrible news about my sister. I don't want to give details.

And this:

At Least 6 People Dead In Illinois Dust Storm Pileup On Interstate 55

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟416,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dust storm in Illinois? Unbelievable. Today I start helping my pastor cook at the soup kitchen for 4-6 weeks twice a week. I am not knowing. I hope I can handle it. The regular cook is on vacation. But it is 8 hour days. The pastor is a weight lifter so it makes no difference to him. It won’t be difficult for him. One time I helped him pick up a 125 pound table and carry it a few feet. I survived. Of course pastors are strong and they expect everyone else to be, but he is also busy with other things. So who is going to do most of the work?! I am a trained cook but not willing to work that hard. My wife is taking the humorous stance. I’ll keep my word if I can! It’s going to take some prayer.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My eye exam was fine. I'm getting new lenses, metal frame glasses instead of plastic, and Cocoons to wear over them when the sun is bright. The prescription is stronger so I'll be able to see the words on the TV screen.

I gave my ophthalmologist a tidbit of my genealogy to see if it might tie into his.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if it was caused by the weather.

On my mind now is horrible news about my sister. I don't want to give details.

And this:

At Least 6 People Dead In Illinois Dust Storm Pileup On Interstate 55

Prayers for your sister.

I saw the news about the dust storm. It said there were 72 car crashes. The weather has been strange all around this year. One thing after another.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Prayers for your sister.

I saw the news about the dust storm. It said there were 72 car crashes. The weather has been strange all around this year. One thing after another.

Thanks for the prayers

The pile up in Illinois is worse today!

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My eye exam was fine. I'm getting new lenses, metal frame glasses instead of plastic, and Cocoons to wear over them when the sun is bright. The prescription is stronger so I'll be able to see the words on the TV screen.

I gave my ophthalmologist a tidbit of my genealogy to see if it might tie into his.

Sounds like a productive visit. ;)

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Over a year ago, I went for my annual physical. The week before, I submitted a blood test to the lab.
I weighted 194lbs, my A1C was 11.5 and my glucose was 374. That did it, I had to get serious and told my doctor I would.
Come August, 2022, my blood test at the VA, showed my glucose was 174 and my A1C was 7.1.
So, the VA doctor put me on Jaidence. Just 12.5mgs per day. I also use MyFitnessPal, to watch my
food intake.

My A1C dropped to 6.5 and today my glucose was 121. Still moving down in the right direction.

Ironically, despite taking up French cooking, I lost over 40lbs.

I'm adding all this here because as my weight went down, the prescription for my eyeglasses was not working.
I could see better without the glasses. So, I went to my junk draw and found an old pair of glasses that go back over
10 years and before I got into the VA health system. They worked! So, I made a new appointment to have my eyes
examined.

Sure enough, I now have glasses from the VA which are a little less than my old glasses, but work great.
The doctor at the VA told me that after losing weight and dropping my glucose, my eyesight will improve
because of having low blood pressure and sugar within reasonable levels. My PCP also confirmed this
when I asked him about it.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
While looking online for markers that don't bleed through papers, a Crayola ad assures that those markers are unisex.

Guess I need to check the 1,000 crayons in the art drawer to be sure they're up to standard.

Unisex crayons? How times change. I always figured a crayon was a crayon. I hope I didn't color with the wrong ones as a kid!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm adding all this here because as my weight went down, the prescription for my eyeglasses was not working.
I could see better without the glasses. So, I went to my junk draw and found an old pair of glasses that go back over
10 years and before I got into the VA health system. They worked! So, I made a new appointment to have my eyes
examined.

Sure enough, I now have glasses from the VA which are a little less than my old glasses, but work great.
The doctor at the VA told me that after losing weight and dropping my glucose, my eyesight will improve
because of having low blood pressure and sugar within reasonable levels. My PCP also confirmed this
when I asked him about it.

That's amazing! Just goes to show how the different parts of our body work together and depend on each other to remain healthy.

Congratulations on losing the weight and getting your glucose down so well. ;)

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟416,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On my mind things I’m not doing but should be doing. My hobby have failed two out of three times to get out in the shed and some useful items. It’s getting hot this week to pretty soon it will be too hot except at 6 in morning. Today I got up at five and had to go to Walmart at 9:30. When I got back I had been up for almost seven hours. So I didn’t feel motivated any more.

i,I,i aye, yae, yigh. Tomorrow I can go to work and I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. A little productive work is good. I know all about the work, just can’t season worth a darn. Have done all the basics, made lasagna for 60 people. I think we are having meat and gravy on noodles with vegetable and bread, if we get some.
Sounds easy, pastor will season.

it’s a little out of my comfort zone. It’s a little out of the scope of my comforting myself. I can drag myself through a few weeks. It should be very enrichening. I wrote a message for tomorrow. It qualifies as a message. It’s about
Isaiah 61:1-3 . More excursions with pastor. He’s a good guy, but a stickler for the rules. Health dept. and all.
so that is about it. Not really worrying but ready.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
On my mind things I’m not doing but should be doing. My hobby have failed two out of three times to get out in the shed and some useful items. It’s getting hot this week to pretty soon it will be too hot except at 6 in morning. Today I got up at five and had to go to Walmart at 9:30. When I got back I had been up for almost seven hours. So I didn’t feel motivated any more.

Hobbies are good for the soul. They give us a chance to think, have some quiet time for ourselves, unwind. That's why I like being outside working in the flower beds or pruning or transplanting. I got out for several hours this morning but the humidity was up there.

i,I,i aye, yae, yigh. Tomorrow I can go to work and I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. A little productive work is good. I know all about the work, just can’t season worth a darn. Have done all the basics, made lasagna for 60 people. I think we are having meat and gravy on noodles with vegetable and bread, if we get some.
Sounds easy, pastor will season.

it’s a little out of my comfort zone. It’s a little out of the scope of my comforting myself. I can drag myself through a few weeks. It should be very enrichening. I wrote a message for tomorrow. It qualifies as a message. It’s about
Isaiah 61:1-3 . More excursions with pastor. He’s a good guy, but a stickler for the rules. Health dept. and all.
so that is about it. Not really worrying but ready.

For a number of years I volunteered at the local mission, with others, to cook supper once a month or so. I understand what you mean about being out of your comfort zone. But after the first few times it was okay. Met some interesting people. Saw a great deal about how people live under those circumstances. People are people, we all have problems. But seeing firsthand and serving in that manner makes your own problems seem small. Which they usually are anyway. ;)

Isaiah is a tough book to get through. Those are some good verses.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟416,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He/she strengthens me. Hobbies are good. I like to focus on the task and shut everything out but I pray sometimes or talk to God.

I can appreciate your serving th Lord. It’s a learning experience. My only source of witnessing for the most part. You relate so well. Did you see the post about prisoner pen pals. Anew source. Writing is so much easier.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟416,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I should be journaling. Then I would get all the benefits of talking and not implicate anyone or include anyone else in my sordid emotional maintenance. That’s a very good idea. That’s what I’m doing here. But too many ears to be affected as I figure it out. I do appreciate the feed back from these two nice women. @Rescued One and @godisagardener . They have made me feel welcome and valuable here. The golden eagles is a comfortable supportive place to express myself.

I guess I’m just an old fart being conservative and opinionated. There are so many opinions in the body of Christ, on every subject. To me the Body needs building and strengthening. That’s what is to be done for it. Don’t leave any
concerned Christian behind or any sincere unsaved person.

I took time to make a message on Tuesday. I did it. There were only two people there. They seemed to listen and when I was done…. I could see the unbelief in the guys eyes, the joy and it’s time to eat. He was a Buddhist.
Another alienated guy from the gospel and me. It seems like such a trail of destruction I’ve left behind. Many alienated people I have known. That’s why I feel so unqualified to do this witnessing. No fruit and no friends there.
when I was in charge people would talk, make friends and move on about 2004. Now nobody wants to have anything to do with me. Just food and move on.

When I do talk they get alienated And don’t even look at me. Yeah, plantin’ seeds. All in my imagination. But I’m so tired of turning persons over to death bed conversions. But I have more in me.

It makes me feel like I’m not complete. Can’t get my heart across, but I know Jesus is real. So many coming and going with no change of heart. Good people too. And so many that hate God and Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I should be journaling. Then I would get all the benefits of talking and not implicate anyone or include anyone else in my sordid emotional maintenance. That’s a very good idea. That’s what I’m doing here. But too many ears to be affected as I figure it out. I do appreciate the feed back from these two nice women. @Rescued One and @godisagardener . They have made me feel welcome and valuable here. The golden eagles is a comfortable supportive place to express myself.

I guess I’m just an old fart being conservative and opinionated. There are so many opinions in the body of Christ, on every subject. To me the Body needs building and strengthening. That’s what is to be done for it. Don’t leave any

I took time to make a message on Tuesday. I did it. There were only two people there. They seemed to listen and when I was done…. I could see the unbelief in the guys eyes, the joy and it’s time to eat. He was a Buddhist.
Another alienated guy from the gospel and me. It seems like such a trail of destruction I’ve left behind. Many alienated people I have known. That’s why I feel so unqualified to do this witnessing. No fruit and no friends there.
when I was in charge people would talk, make friends and move on about 2004. Now nobody wants to have anything to do with me. Just food and move on.

When I do talk they get alienated And don’t even look at me. Yeah, plantin’ seeds. All in my imagination. But I’m so tired of turning persons over to death bed conversions. But I have more in me.

It makes me feel like I’m not complete. Can’t get my heart across, but I know Jesus is real. So many coming and going with no change of heart. Good people too. And so many that hate God and Christians.

Hey, stop criticizing yourself! Those who ignore or find fault are imperfect people! I'm imperfect. I was on two anti-depressants (at least 20 years) and I was crying. The doctor wanted to try a third anti-depressant. I had a revelation! God was still with me and He would have me count my blessings. You and I have more blessings than we realize. And others have more problems than they let on. No more anti-depressants for me!

Praying for you!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

It's called old age and I'm older than you!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hobbies are good for the soul. They give us a chance to think, have some quiet time for ourselves, unwind. That's why I like being outside working in the flower beds or pruning or transplanting. I got out for several hours this morning but the humidity was up there....

On Monday I planted a combination pot and It took so long, my right arm was sunburned! I didn't even think of sunscreen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I expect journaling is good, it helps get thoughts down in a physical form. But often it's nice to have a listening ear, to know someone is still out there in a world that has become so impersonal.

I think as we get old(er) we feel more comfortable letting our opinions be known. At least those of us in the older generations. We've got nothing to lose. ;) Tell it like it is, let it all hang out, etc.

We can only do what we can do. Some will believe and turn to Christ, to others words make no difference. Jesus told his disciples, and by extension us, to go and make disciples of all nations. He said to go into the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He didn't tell us to beat it into people or threaten them. He simply said go and tell.

Seeds don't come up overnight. Sometimes they don't come up for years, depending on the conditions. Same with people. The conditions aren't always right when the gospel seed is planted. But in a year from now, or perhaps years, the conditions may be right and the person will remember that seed being planted and he or she will begin to grow in the gospel.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
On Monday I planted a combination pot and It took so long, my right arm was sunburned! I didn't even think of sunscreen.

Sounds nice! Except for your arm.

I finally got some of my pack of johnny-jump-up seeds planted this afternoon. We had rain this morning, so I didn't water them, supposed to have lots of rain over the next 4-5 days. I need to find a picture of a seedling online so I don't accidentally pull any out when they come up. And my moss rose are big and blooming in their pots.

Upvote 0