What's On Your Mind?

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟421,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What is on my mind right now? Well a lot of things are....but the main thing is how blessed my past year has been. I went from living in adult foster care for 15 years without technology of any kind to living on my own. Free reign with technology and I also have a pet cat @ home. Her name is Skye.

IMG_20200206_123227_01.jpg

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is on my mind right now? Well a lot of things are....but the main thing is how blessed my past year has been. I went from living in adult foster care for 15 years without technology of any kind to living on my own. Free reign with technology and I also have a pet cat @ home. Her name is Skye.

View attachment 294419
Skye is adorable! :)

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟421,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Under_the_moon

Feb 4, 2021
Ontario
✟16,071.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi, my name is Peter and I just signed up to this forum. Being new, I'm just getting my feet wet; but I am curious to know, what really matters to you? The biggest hype in today's world is the corona virus pandemic and that is just one of many concerns among people in our collapsing world. And with all the problems facing the planet, I have yet to encounter a single individual that puts these issues at the cross. Oops, that was more for your understanding since I don't believe that Christ was crucified on a cross. Personally, I believe that constructing a cross to crucify criminals was more work than the Romans were prepared to exert just to see a man die. No, I believe that Christ was stretched out on a pole, his hands nailed above his head and his feet nailed below. In the days of Nebuchadnezzar, the cross was a symbol of Babylonian sun worship; and that along with the Christmas tree and many other things pertaining to the Christian religion are pagan beliefs brought back to Israel when the Israelites were released from captivity after Daniel showed Nebuchadnezzar that his God was the real God. Don't attack me, there's a lot about Christianity that I can refute; but not all in one sitting. Have you ever prayed to God and not had your prayer answered? Of course you have, I've never met a person in my life that has had their prayers answered by God. Take for instance the corona virus, Christians must be praying their hearts out for an end to it all; but the virus continues to spread and infect people, killing millions and humanities only hope for relief is a man made vaccine that they don't seem to be doing a very good job of getting into people. People today live their lives in constant fear of this or that; and I'm the only person that I know of that doesn't have a care in this world. Global warming, no problem, sickness, I don't get sick. All my needs are met according to his riches in Glory. All of my life God has looked after me, even before I knew what a bible was so no matter what befalls this world, where I'm concerned it's all like water off of a duck's back; so again, I'm very curious to know, what really matters to you? The only thing that really matter to me is pleasing my God and that is more than enough for me to be concerned with. My $100,000 truck matters to me; but God gave that to me; and if he chooses to take it away, there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm not really too concerned about anything except pleasing God because I know from a lifetime of experience, if I do that, everything else will fall into place

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Under_the_moon

Feb 4, 2021
Ontario
✟16,071.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I guess to answer what you asked the only thing on my mind right now is what God gave you a 100k truck? Not being sarcastic, honestly. But generally 100k truck comes from incredibly hard work or rich parents. Otherwise I'm sure much of humanity would be on bored with that God and driving 100k trucks. Also on my mind, pondering why some people seek to answers about God if they really don't care? Generally people don't seek answers for things they have no interest in.. so you must have an interest in Jesus. I hope you find the answers you are seeking. Anyway, that is my momentary ponder.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess to answer what you asked the only thing on my mind right now is what God gave you a 100k truck? Not being sarcastic, honestly. But generally 100k truck comes from incredibly hard work or rich parents. Otherwise I'm sure much of humanity would be on bored with that God and driving 100k trucks. Also on my mind, pondering why some people seek to answers about God if they really don't care? Generally people don't seek answers for things they have no interest in.. so you must have an interest in Jesus. I hope you find the answers you are seeking. Anyway, that is my momentary ponder.
He hasn’t posted anything beyond that one post. This area is for lighthearted discussion but if he comes back, Christian Advice my be a good area to discuss.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry if that was off topic. I am rusty with posting in forums and figured if that post was still up in the thread then there was an option to reply to it. I also didn't mean to post it and reply after.. yep I am a newbie.
Totally fine! No worries. Just thought that’s why nobody has replied. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually the thread is "whats on your mind?" And I answered honestly, that was on my mind after reading it. Sorry.
No need to apologize. This place can be confusing at times

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Something new on my mind today.. why is a boxing ring square? I just can't wrap my mind around it.

The reason why the ring where two boxers fight is also referred to as the 'square circle'. The idea behind this boundary ring was to keep the audience at a safe distance (since viewers/fans often tended to disrupt the fight in ways big or small), in addition to containing the fight within a specified area.

I found this for you.
https://www.scienceabc.com/eyeopene...a-ring-even-though-its-actually-a-square.html

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok.. then why park on a driveway but drive on a parkway? :)

Finally, the answer to one of life's enduring questions. :D

English is full of seeming contradictions: ravel means both "to knit up" and "to unknit," inflammable refers to something that's flammable, and so on. George Carlin, the late comedian, often poked fun at English, and in doing so, highlighted another one of these contradictions: why do we park on the driveway but drive on the parkway?

Continued below.
Why Do We Park in the Driveway and Drive on the Parkway? :)

Upvote 0