Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I can guarantee that the Abuse Victim Diet (TM) will ensure that you never need to lose weight again. :p I actually need to put on weight! Steak, Ham and pretzels are the best.

Thank you @bèlla. True indeed. Opposition, though immensely painful and sometimes frustrating, can indicate that you are on the right course.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thankie! You're a dear. *smooch* When do you see the lady again?

Miss Sally? Who can know? Unless the desk lady has set it up somehow that we both come to an appointment on the same day a few weeks from now. :D

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Miss Sally? Who can know? Unless the desk lady has set it up somehow that we both come to an appointment on the same day a few weeks from now. :D

Are you going to inquire? A proper meeting would be nice. :)

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you going to inquire? A proper meeting would be nice. :)

I think I will next appointment I am there, even if she does not show up. As I said before, there is little doubt that Latanya the desk lady who first said "Will, we need to hook you up, darlin', and I know just the girl" at the start of this year, will be eager to share what words she and Sally had to say after I left last time. ^-^

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thankie! You're a dear. *smooch* When do you see the lady again?

You avatar is of this Darling Desi from YouTube, right? ^-^

126857005_174869450969003_8017349745705137979_n.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My goal for this Summer is to read a lot of books! :):):):)

Hoping one of them might be Pride & Prejudice, like me. ^_^

Still all about that Jane Bennet, @bèlla . :love2:

Speaking of, I am thinking of doing a Choose Your Own Adventure type book out of nowhere for the Let's Read vids on my YT channel. Just to have a break from the normal routine of doing Beverly Cleary. ^-^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hoping one of them might be Pride & Prejudice, like me. ^_^
Still all about that Jane Bennet, @bèlla . :love2:

We'll have to find you a Jane. You should study her character so you're able to spot her elsewhere. She has a distinguishing quality and always sees the good. Rarely the bad. You'll have to be the voice of reason. ;-)

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and always sees the good. Rarely the bad. You'll have to be the voice of reason. ;-)

If you meant balancing her out by being more shrewd and discerning with other people's characters, when she can only see the good, I fear my natural tendency would be to desire to be more like my "Jane" and thus only double the amount of sugary sweetness between the two of us instead of counter-balancing it. :D

• Haha
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you meant balancing her out by being more shrewd and discerning with other people's characters, when she can only see the good, I fear my natural tendency would be to desire to be more like my "Jane" and thus only double the amount of sugary sweetness between the two of us instead of counter-balancing it. :D

Now that's a problem! You'll have to tighten your armor and protect your lady from others and herself. See it from that guise and you'll be fine. :)

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We'll have to find you a Jane. You should study her character so you're able to spot her elsewhere.

Study? It's hard to when I can barely even comprehend the dialogue period because of its old-timey nature. ^_^ Not that I find that a bad thing; it just makes it hard to focus. Right now where I'm at is about a third of the way through (again, it's slow-going only because I only open up the book during the few downtimes at work on a certain shift out of the month), and a cousin of the family - I forget his name - who came to town to settle an estate with Mr. Bennet or something is attempting to charm the daughters while at a ball, dancing with each of them. He seems to favor Jane the most, if I recall. ... Who wouldn't? ^_^

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You'll have to tighten your armor and protect your lady from others and herself. See it from that guise and you'll be fine. :)

Does such a lady need protecting, or is it rather myself who needs protecting from his own dark nature? You have seen it before, here, when I admitted to giving into that angry and bitter side. It is only natural that that is the kind of darkness I struggle with since my highest ideals seem to want to revolve around the polar opposite of that: sweetness and peace. :)

(I will take your words to heart, though. I think you speak wisely.)

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Does such a lady need protecting, or is it rather myself who needs protecting from his own dark nature? You have seen it before, here, when I admitted to giving into that angry and bitter side. It is only natural that that is the kind of darkness I struggle with since my highest ideals seem to want to revolve around the polar opposite of that: sweetness and peace. :)

(I will take your words to heart, though. I think you speak wisely.)

Some people are naive. You see it in the advice forum all the time. They can't see the forest for the trees and keep making the same mistakes. In Jane's case, her good naturedness is the culprit. She assumes everyone's like her but they aren't.

How did Austen counter it? Through her spirited sister Lizzy. She's not afraid to speak up or a confront a wrong. And doesn't allow herself to be mistreated or her family.

You don't want to keep her in that headspace and make her a perpetual damsel you have to rescue. That's dangerous. Especially if you have children. You pray for prudence and wisdom on her behalf and encourage her to be more discriminating through example.

A good way to do it is through films. Ask her where the character went wrong? Bad choices, trusting the wrong person, etc. It helps them to recognize deception intellectually and not rely on their feelings alone. That's usually the problem.

Reinforce the importance of listening. If you let a person talk they'll show their hand eventually. Deepening her conversational and listening skills will get it out. People with Jane's disposition exude an energy that many seek to exploit or take advantage of in some way. They assume they're clueless.

That's where you come in. If you behave the same you won't be viewed as a threat. They have to know there's consequences to misusing her. Shower her with sweetness behind closed doors. But be her knight to the world and elsewhere too. They have to know she's guarded.

Every woman needs a little Jane and Lizzy to survive. You can't be one or the other. The balance allows us to face difficulties without fainting and maintain hope in spite of them. A bit of both is best.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every woman needs a little Jane and Lizzy to survive. You can't be one or the other. The balance allows us to face difficulties without fainting and maintain hope in spite of them

I think the way in which you have said this is good and wise. :)

I myself believe that balance in pretty much all things is best.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Planned on doing more writing today but ended up playing Total War: Rome II and got a bit carried away. I played as Britian and took over France and Spain. Now I'm staring down the mighty Roman Empire.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The other day I found an article about joining the Mennonite church and realized it was the blog for the couple I watch on YouTube. She included a lot resources that were really helpful and I asked for guidance before retiring to bed. I shared the information with my daughter the following day. As we discussed it a couple appeared out of blue on the escalator. I didn't see them in front us when we got on but there they were. A Mennonite couple!

Last month I saw an Old Order Amish couple (at the same place) and had an opportunity to speak with them briefly. I didn't get a chance to talk this time. But one of the ladies in my our buying club has a sister who lives in Amish country. She offered to take me there (I've never been) to spend the day and experience it. There's a lot in the neighboring state and down state too.

This reminds me of Solomon's words. It was my favorite verse as a child.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

It reiterates the importance of attuning ourselves to God's frequency so we recognize the season we're in and pursue the appropriate tasks in their intended period. We never know what He has in store or underestimate its value because we're looking through human eyes not His.

Sometimes we're waiting on things and it seems like nothing's happening or God is quiet. Rest assured He isn't. He's doing things in the background to clear the way for it to manifest. We can't lose heart or sit on our hands either. The waiting period has a purpose. There's things we're meant to learn and do to prepare us for the next. If we fail to do so we'll have to play catch up and that's harder.

He prepares us for the blessing beforehand. So whatever you're asking for always make sure you're working towards it in the natural. Even if you're unable to see it on the horizon. Let your faith be a testament of your belief in Him and what He has in store. Because it usually appears without warning and we have to be ready to receive it. And I hope you are. :)

Upvote 0