What's on your mind?

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟242,469.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I paid an extra $30 to get my power cord here today. They said it would be here today. But now it's coming tomorrow. Missed two days of work!
ughhhh!!! They'd better give you a refund!

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟841,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes people devote themselves to "religion," but religion gives us the excuse to do evil in its name (think Pharasees) . People say, "I have a relationship," but a relationship allows us to think we are better than we are and to justify our sins. What we are called to is holiness. "Be holy, as I am holy."

To be holy is to be set apart.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,010,268.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Needlepoint Eevee. :)

T2gJnOC.png
I love that so much!!!!! I have always wanted to get into needlepoint, looks like so much fun!!! ^_^

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟216,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I always thought it interesting in Narnia Susan leaves b/c she becomes interested in boys. I've seen similar parallels in real life.

I wish they'd adapt the other books into movies someday so much btw!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
He made you nervous? In general I don't a assciate being nervous with something good, but you make it sound like a good thing. Could you please elaborate?

The necessity of earning your position was equitable. When you come to the table with a lot qualities a person values sometimes you don't have to work. They're eager to see things progress. You're 'it'.

But you don't crown someone without putting them through their paces. They may look the part but they have to prove it. While I could coast with others it would never happen with him. Not initially. That came later.

My loneliness equates with mystery woman. I was actually better at being lonely before I started pining over mystery woman. Sure I had concerns and gripes about being single and how I should meet a woman because of my social status and so on. But not to the extent where it is now. It came to the point where I beat myself in the head with it.

That's one of the reasons I chose the person I'm with. He brings me closer to God. But not because he's stressing me out or taking me through love changes. That's what I mean about someone who's good to and good for you. You can like someone and be miserable. The person or situation brings you low.

I still want to meet mystery woman, but I am also prepared that the outcome may not be the one I hope for. I am prepared for one of those cases where the truth hurts. It's been over 6 months and I still haven't bumped into her. Maybe I won't meet her at all. That's also a scenario.

Your attraction to her is based on appearance. You have nothing to go on beyond that. To be invested to this degree is unacceptable. You can't allow yourself to do it again. It's not about meeting her or if she's the one. That isn't your lesson. It's the danger of getting carried away.

I have griped and pined and moaned about mystery woman, that's no secret. I have been praying for answers.

Whatever you feed will grow. You beget more of the same because you continued to do it. I addressed this early on. It becomes a habit, cycle, ad nauseam. The energy you expend in that area is unavailable elsewhere. And it messes with your psyche.

There's no upside to wallowing in pain. There's nothing to be gained by focusing on your problems. You develop more by doing so. And when you're done it still exists. Resolution is the goal. There comes a time when you have to stop feeling sorry for yourself and take action.

My life is a puzzle and there are pieces that haven't been put in place yet. I pray that these pieces find there place. I find solace in that. I find solace that God will makes these pieces find their right place, when I am ready for that to happen.

Faith is a partnership. You have to do your part. You can miss your blessing through inaction. Don't sit on your hands.

If God wants me to meet mystery woman it will happen. If God doesn't want it to happen, it won't. As hard as that will for me to understand, I do understand it will be to my benefit.

He can permit the meeting or not and accomplish the same end. One is more painful than the other. That's where you come in. Your head determines that. The more centered you become the less power she'll have. It won't be do or die. Cause she's not your reason.

Honestly I am done filling the void with a woman that all this time have been at a distance. It's time I accept that distance as a reality.

Which brings us back to your question. Earning your position equitably. The next time you like someone ask more of yourself. Don't roll out the red carpet without cause.

Instead of forcing and pacing through things that are out of my hands, like I have done so far. I will focus on the things that I can do something about. Making the Lord my priority and hear the lord loud and clear.

Devoting your time to deepening your relationship with God, strengthening your character, and building strong connections is key. You need something outside of her. When you engage with someone in that space its different.

Their focus and conversation don't revolve around relationships. They have a life and their discourse reflects it. They share the things they're learning, doing, etc. It's refreshing. You aren't the central theme. And shouldn't be until you're married.

Don't play house or give her the spoils wives deserve. Rest in your season and enjoy it. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Vinter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I always thought it interesting in Narnia Susan leaves b/c she becomes interested in boys. I've seen similar parallels in real life.

I wish they'd adapt the other books into movies someday so much btw!
I never had thought about it that way! :mmh: Interesting!

Today is moving so slowly!
:hug: Slow days can be hard!

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks. You are a tremendous help B.

You make it easy. You do the work without complaint. I've had some crybabies. You can imagine how that went. :D

That's how I used to be. Ineffective. My fears and insecurities in life played a big part in that.

Whatever you tell yourself must be substantiated. Good or bad. Follow with a solution. How to increase or prevent it. In this case, combating fear and insecurity is the goal. We're our biggest obstacle. Play offense against yourself. Don't keep company with your sins and flaws.

When in doubt...imagine the man you want for your daughter. You won't give him the pass you give yourself. You'll hold him to a different standard. But when you're operating in the same you expand your options.

People have a laundry list of things they're looking for in others they've never tried or accomplished. And expect them to have it. When becoming is the aim you relate differently. You don't set the mark. God does. That's what you're working towards.

Then you look for common denominators. Similarities in mission and so on. To verify you're heading in the same direction and not at cross hairs. I've had situations where I could help the person scale. But they couldn't do the same in return. They didn't have the skills, experience, connections, or resources to move the needle. And I knew that.

It was important not to be sidetracked by attraction, emotion, spiritual leanings or other impediments. You have to weigh everything and know what you're taking on. When you hear relational problems the majority began earlier. Things they ignored or missed that come home to roost.

You want to be honest with yourself and see the other clearly. Not through rose colored lenses. You can't do that when you're infatuated. You overstate the good and downplay the bad. But you're getting both.

I am too incomplete to be the man I wholly need to be and want to be.

It takes a lot of courage to admit that. Many wouldn't. Never pawn a problem. Do what you can while you can. Otherwise, you're relying on someone to overlook the mountain. You may not resolve it. But effort counts. Determination sets the tone.

I never considered myself to be strong in my belief. I take it as a great compliment you think so. That would be amazing, if I could channel everyhting in the right direction.

You can accomplish a lot if you believe and put your thoughts in action. Make a list of the things you want to do every month. Do it on the 30th. Document your progress towards it every day.

Reference my post in the prepper forum. I set the goal on Dec. 24th. I've updated my progress along the way. I don't share everything. But I include enough to demonstrate I'm staying the course. I've added to the list and I'm done.

Finishing is powerful. Don't underestimate its importance.

I am still attracted to her. If things are meant to happen between us. It won't be because I'm jumping through hoops or making a fool of myself.

You're regaining control and the other is lessening. Deservedness flows in both directions. She has to consider you a prize and blessing too. Or don't marry her.

You're thanking me. And here I thought the pleasure was all mine. I am the one that owes you a great many thanks. Thank you for helping me. I think it's wonderful too, not just my growth, but you being there to actually make it happen. :)

I love spreading seeds but this is different. More intentional. I haven't worked with someone like this since the 21 year old. I'll give advice or share an opinion. But instruction is more involved.

When I met her she was friendly but neurotic, chewing xanax like gum, and stressing over things beyond her domain. She was making herself sick. Now she's calm, medication free and settled. She knows her place. That was the lesson.

In like fashion, I hope you'll leave the encumbrances behind and move forward. The future awaits. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Vinter
Upvote 0