USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why do we do that sometimes, I wonder? As much as I would like to say I've never fallen into that trap, I'm sure I have a few times. But you said it in just the way that I could never pin down, myself: we take it personal for some reason.

Everyone wants to feel accepted. We desire validation and support. That's normal. But there's a downside. We can become addicted to approval and transgress our hearts in deference to agreement. As we move in that direction it becomes difficult to embrace differences in opinion. We feel slighted when they don't agree. Because we're accustomed to it and its embedded in our identity. Paul addresses this in Galatians.

For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. —Galatians 1:10

When its embedded in your identity non agreement is seen as rejection or opposition. It breeds insecurity and compels us to denounce or fight against the response. Because we've internalized their behavior as an offense against ourselves. It rarely is.

Thus, the ladies who fail to swoon over Southern gentlemen aren't ill informed. Confused maybe, between you and I. :D They may be drawn to a different form of masculinity and that's okay. It doesn't mean the Southern variation is lacking. It isn't. Trust me! :cool:

Once we settle that in our minds we'll appreciate the diversity amongst us. I'm overtly feminine. I'm not offended by women who demonstrate their womanliness in other ways. That's great. But I'm not going to champion the difference or give it a gold star. My tastes are specific and that's the form I promote. I like class and elegance. That's authentic. But it doesn't mean other variations are less authentic forms of womanhood. Its just not me. :)

All of this returns to God and our divine blueprint. When we operate from that mindset we're forgetting His hand in our construction. We're fearfully and wonderfully made by God. His approval should be enough.

• Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not fed up with anyone. There are problems on both sides of the aisle. But moving to a place of disrespect or anger isn't an option for me. That's not how I operate.

When you lead with emotion things usually get out of control. Expressing your dislike is fine. But people like to get down and dirty. I'm not lowering myself for anyone.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Maybe. While they can get emotional many of them are quite logical. Also one of them even sued a feminist website (after grueling months sadly they lost). They call themselves the honey badgers for a reason. They'll attack and defend themselves against feminists at all costs, lol.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe. While they can get emotional many of them are quite logical. Also one of them even sued a feminist website (after grueling months sadly they lost). They call themselves the honey badgers for a reason. They'll attack and defend themselves against feminists at all costs, lol.

You find their behavior admirable because it mirrors your feelings on the subject. But most men have little interest in their women raging on the Internet. Whether they're discussing feminism or something else.

I've been online since the Telnet and iRC days. Feminists have never attacked me. @cara-mia has been with me for a long time. We didn't have a problem. But we didn't go looking for trouble either.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is this where I come to learn the ins and outs of feminism. I heard on the streets it was. ;)

You know that's not my area of expertise! But you've read enough philosophy to chime in. :D

How are things your way? Ready for the cold weather?

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is on my mind? I watched the 1975 Christian movie "The hiding place" last night. I love Christian movies because of course we have the ultimate example in Jesus for what we should strive to be like but its helpful seeing other humans that are such devoted Christians.

The movie was about a Christian family in Germany during World War 2 that helped alot of Jewish people by providing them with a place to stay in their own home, and food to eat. But the Nazi's caught onto this and arrested the family, sending them to a concentration camp

I dont want to say much more but if you want to watch the movie its on youtube and you can find it on TubiTV as well which is like netflix but its free! It has an amazing library of Christian movies

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What is on my mind? I watched the 1975 Christian movie "The hiding place" last night.

Corrie Ten Boom's life story. I haven't seen the film but the book is good. Great choice! :)

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know that's not my area of expertise! But you've read enough philosophy to chime in. :D

How are things your way? Ready for the cold weather?

I'm ready for everything, except the things I'm not expecting. Ah! There's so much to be unsure of. I'm trying to embrace kind indifference. It covers a lot of territory. ^_^

• Friendly
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FYI: They made a sequel to it called, "Return to the Hiding Place".

Not only did Corrie ten Boom hide the Jews, but she was also part of a team of resistance fighters that led to thwart and disrupt the Nazis' plans. "Return" tells the story of that. Great movie also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm ready for everything, except the things I'm not expecting. Ah! There's so much to be unsure of. I'm trying to embrace kind indifference. It covers a lot of territory. ^_^

I like that. You'll keep your head clear and anxiety at bay. :)

Did you get the food put up?

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like that. You'll keep your head clear and anxiety at bay. :)

Did you get the food put up?

I have not canned a green bean. If someone can convince me pressure cookers are not unsuspecting bombs, I'm off to the races. Until then, it's all dried beans and rice for hard times.

• Haha
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have not canned a green bean. If someone can convince me pressure cookers are not unsuspecting bombs, I'm off to the races. Until then, it's all dried beans and rice for hard times.

You can use an Instant Pot. The lid locks and they're easier to use.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You find their behavior admirable because it mirrors your feelings on the subject. But most men have little interest in their women raging on the Internet. Whether they're discussing feminism or something else.

I've been online since the Telnet and iRC days. Feminists have never attacked me. @cara-mia has been with me for a long time. We didn't have a problem. But we didn't go looking for trouble either.

I think when it comes to things like feminism, you need aggression. Without that there is little chance of ever making any ground against it. You're talking about something that preys on people's biology.

I'm trying to adopt a more peaceful attitude, but sometimes those types of personalities are desperately needed.

Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think when it comes to things like feminism, you need aggression. Without that there is little chance of ever making any ground against it. You're talking about something that preys on people's biology.

I'm trying to adopt a more peaceful attitude, but sometimes those types of personalities are desperately needed.

I understand and you know I accept you as is. :)

I'm really calm now. I need peace and I don't enjoy conflict. I hate arguing. However, I haven't lost my killer instinct. I exercise discretion in its use.

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, you know, just ... still giddy over Erin's adorable face whenever I am so blessed as to be able to gaze upon it for just a moment as we cross paths coming into/out of the lab. ^-^

Much like the good Miss Heidy whose company I had the pleasure of for about nine months there last year (but unfortunately left us to pursue a loftier career goal, and I just liked her as a friend, even though she certainly was a lovely-looking lady :)), Miss Erin has the kind of appearance, face, and stature that makes her look just too meek and innocent to be in with that "rough" lab tech crowd that we are overall. ^_^ Even including me, despite how of course I do desire to keep my words gentle and my voice soft-spoken (but I certainly have failed in that many a time, i admit).

You just look at Erin, speak with her for a moment or two, then listen to 85% of the rest of the lab crew - both man and woman - for just one minute in the typical atmosphere, and you wonder, "How did this girl fall in with this crowd?" ^_^

Im so happy for you and hope you two have a long and happy life together.

• Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Friendly
Upvote 0