✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What's wrong? Are you working too hard?

There was a provincial election going on, and I'd put my name forward to help work it before I landed this stupid Walmart job. It was a one-day shift of fourteen hours. Not so much physically exhausting, but it's an extremely long and mentally draining day. I did enjoy it though.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There was a provincial election going on, and I'd put my name forward to help work it before I landed this stupid Walmart job. It was a one-day shift of fourteen hours. Not so much physically exhausting, but it's an extremely long and mentally draining day. I did enjoy it though.

Yeah, that's hard. You need to relax. Do you work tomorrow?

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
If you wanted a Bugatti I wouldn't care.

Went into battery powered bike formation years ago.

I had (and have) better things to spend money on than petrol. I'm often judged - but I don't care. Not when I ticked of all of their bucket list destinations within less than a year.

Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Went into battery powered bike formation years ago.

I had (and have) better things to spend money on than petrol. I'm often judged - but I don't care. Not when I ticked of all of their bucket list destinations within less than a year.

I don't drive. I prefer to be driven. I like to relax when I'm a car. But I have to learn now. I'm not excited at all.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
I don't drive. I prefer to be driven. I like to relax when I'm a car. But I have to learn now. I'm not excited at all.

I hate it. I don't trust anyone on the road and I actually find the entire experience stressful. When I lived and worked on a farm I WOULD drive on the estate grounds, but come my day off, I would whizz into town on my electric bike, board a train, and head straight for the city.

It's funny because sometimes I'd take the branch line into London. For about forty minutes you'd see nothing but corn fields, tractors and countryside. And then - all of a sudden, you'd turn a corner and see The Shard.

The UK is mental like that.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hate it. I don't trust anyone on the road and I actually find the entire experience stressful. When I lived and worked on a farm I WOULD drive on the estate grounds, but come my day off, I would whizz into town on my electric bike, board a train, and head straight for the city.

The women in my family learned to drive from their spouse or companion. I was in the car when my grandfather taught my grandmother and I think it traumatized me! I was so glad to get out when the car stopped. I didn't learn in high school because I enrolled in JROTC. We didn't get drivers ed. Now they use a simulator. I told my daughter that was unacceptable! I planned to do it in the fall but Covid changed things. I need to drive on snow. We'll see what happens.

It's funny because sometimes I'd take the branch line into London. For about forty minutes you'd see nothing but corn fields, tractors and countryside. And then - all of a sudden, you'd turn a corner and see The Shard.

The UK is mental like that.

There's a lot of farmland here when you head downstate. It gives me the creeps. Like Children of the Corn heebie-jeebies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
The women in my family learned to drive from their spouse or companion. I was in the car when my grandfather taught my grandmother and I think it traumatized me! I was so glad to get out when the car stopped. I didn't learn in high school because I enrolled in JROTC. We didn't get drivers ed. Now they use a simulator. I told my daughter that was unacceptable! I planned to do it in the fall but Covid changed things. I need to drive on snow. We'll see what happens.

There's a lot of farmland here when you head downstate. It gives me the creeps. Like Children of the Corn heebie-jeebies.

I still remember my first test even to this day - I even remember what the weather was like. Every time there's a bitter easterly breeze I'm reminded of it, the day was foggy, windy and about two Celsius below freezing.

I get in the car, go through my brief, start the engine, pull out, and run straight through a red light. I knew instantly I had failed, but my examiner was just brutal. He forced me to finish the entire exam and sat there glaring at me with a face like an executioner for the full duration.

Every time I made a mistake, he'd whack his clipboard with a flat palm, shake his head and bellow "No! No, no no, no, no!!" - And follow that up with a cantankerously LONG, drawn out sigh. I mean, any normal person would just throw the towel in and baby me through the rest of the exam, but he just let me bleed out S L O W L Y.

It wasn't just me. Turns out a well known YouTuber (who lives near me) had the EXACT same examiner. And after HIS experience some years later, had no qualms about telling ALL of his 5M subscribers about his experience. (Chris was the examiners name, a rather porky fellow who by all accounts slept in a hi-vis jacket.)

I'd never been so proud of someone. I'm not a believer in karma, but you have to say, justice was served on that occasion. Named, shamed and cancelled.

I was always a nervous driver after that experience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Every time I made a mistake, he'd whack his clipboard with a flat palm, shake his head and bellow "No! No, no no, no, no!!" - And follow that up with a cantankerously LONG, drawn out sigh. I mean, any normal person would just throw the towel in and baby me through the rest of the exam, but he just let me bleed out S L O W L Y.

Wow, that's insane. He sounds like a sadist. He probably enjoyed torturing you all. That's horrible. Kudos to the YouTuber.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Wow, that's insane. He sounds like a sadist. He probably enjoyed torturing you all. That's horrible. Kudos to the YouTuber.

He's easily the most abhorrent man I have ever met. He knows full well that people are going to be feeling on edge before they even get there, let alone when you're actually sat behind the wheel scrambling for the ignition key.

Funny how on the next test I only committed two minors. I had this SUPER chill Spanish guy who made me pull over halfway through the test, just to tell a woman that her baby had dropped her teddy.

"Don't worry, that wasn't part of the test. I just love me a yummy mummy" - Oh, how I wish I had him the first time. He was such a cool guy.

None of it matters now of course. I'd sooner ride a unicycle than drive a car again.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
He's easily the most abhorrent man I have ever met. He knows full well that people are going to be feeling on edge before they even get there, let alone when you're actually sat behind the wheel scrambling for the ignition key.

That's true. He abused his position. He needed a different job. I'm glad the next instructor was better.

"Don't worry, that wasn't part of the test. I just love me a yummy mummy" - Oh, how I wish I had him the first time. He was such a cool guy.

LOL I've got to keep the yummy mummy. That's sweet. :D

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@ReesePiece23

I have an idea. My life coach has us share our wins on a weekly basis. We celebrate one another's triumphs. If it was challenging we encourage the person and remind them they're making process.

We should do the same. We've made the commitment to go harder. That would be a great way to cheer each other on. Are you game? :)

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
@ReesePiece23

I have an idea. My life coach has us share our wins on a weekly basis. We celebrate one another's triumphs. If it was challenging we encourage the person and remind them they're making process.

We should do the same. We've made the commitment to go harder. That would be a great way to cheer each other on. Are you game? :)

What, like a Sunday debrief type thing?

Upvote 0