New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Heyyyyyy ... how come it's only cool if it's one girl calling another "chick", but sexist if guys do it? :p

Oh., by the way, since I passed this post on my way to quoting Jennie Amber and Someone'sAngel for the sake of the above pretend outrage,

Hello, ShineYourLight. You appear to be new to this community. Hope you find us enjoyable enough company to stay around for a while. :) Have you by chance been here before under a different name?
I don't believe so! I may have maybe years ago? I've been a member on many forums in the past :) Or, you may have seen me on another forum site, honestly.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

VMaeLove

Selbst ist die Frau
Jul 30, 2019
Saxony-Anhalt
✟124,235.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I had a band that made it, I'd intentionally sing different lyrics every live show just to mess with fans.

I think some bands do. I see Rammstein live many times and I think they change it lol (but always a great show)

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Hatred - if used correctly is the best motivational tool in the world. Think of someone you hate - I guarantee that you'll work five times harder than you ever have before. I LOVE that I can hate. Don't dwell on it, USE it.

I haven't even seen the guy in months. Lol - might have to pop over for a cup of tea one afternoon and power up.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hatred - if used correctly is the best motivational tool in the world. Think of someone you hate - I guarantee that you'll work five times harder than you ever have before. I LOVE that I can hate. Don't dwell on it, USE it.

I haven't even seen the guy in months. Lol - might have to pop over for a cup of tea one afternoon and power up.

Wait, wait. You go to see someone you hate? On purpose?

I agree though it is a good motivational tool. I'm not quite sure you meant it in this way but: There is a person in my life (I lose that term VERY loosely) that when I think of them while I'm exercising it helps me get past the sore irritating part of the work out because I'm mad through it and work it out. Lol If that's not what you meant, then oh well, there's a Jennie fact for you.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Wait, wait. You go to see someone you hate? On purpose?

I agree though it is a good motivational tool. I'm not quite sure you meant it in this way but: There is a person in my life (I lose that term VERY loosely) that when I think of them while I'm exercising it helps me get past the sore irritating part of the work out because I'm mad through it and work it out. Lol If that's not what you meant, then oh well, there's a Jennie fact for you.

No, no, we avoid each other. Doing that would be an awful idea - he says he doesn't hate me, which makes it worse. He does that weird nice guy thing around me. Basically, we were two big personalities that clashed enormously. We had to work together for a time and it was just nine months of acrimonious drama.

He's the ONLY person in the world I've had that with. What we really needed was a boxing match to settle it. Honestly, it was just a case of two bulls butting heads. We should have scrapped it out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As a Christian the word "hate" was like a swear word or something to me for a long time. I know there is Scripture about feeling hate and having forgiveness and all that. I never really felt hate for years, and when I would say I "hate" something, I felt guilty over it, like it was taboo. I would always correct myself and say I "strongly dislike" whatever it was, or whomever.

Then 2015 happen and a lot of things happen to me in a small amount of time and I got a taste of true anger and hatred for a couple of people and the words are more real to me now than they ever were before. I also learned it's okay to feel them, I'm not a terrible person for it either, but it's funny how it can change you. I don't fester in them, or try to be angry or feel hate, but I don't pretend like their dirty words or something I shouldn't feel.

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As a Christian the word "hate" was like a swear word or something to me for a long time. I know there is Scripture about feeling hate and having forgiveness and all that. I never really felt hate for years, and when I would say I "hate" something, I felt guilty over it, like it was taboo. I would always correct myself and say I "strongly dislike" whatever it was, or whomever.

Then 2015 happen and a lot of things happen to me in a small amount of time and I got a taste of true anger and hatred for a couple of people and the words are more real to me now than they ever were before. I also learned it's okay to feel them, I'm not a terrible person for it either, but it's funny how it can change you. I don't fester in them, or try to be angry or feel hate, but I don't pretend like their dirty words or something I shouldn't feel.

I've always had a lot of hate in my heart. Ironically its probably because I was born more emotionally empathetic than the average person. Just as empathy can help you feel sorry for another, it can also highlight the anger when someone tries to hurt you.

Seems to run in my family, at least my mother's side. My grandmother pretty much spent her life in complete hatred. She wanted to ruin everyone around her. Only met her once as a kid, but she told my mother she hopes I fail at life and kill myself. She actively encouraged her own children to drop out of high-school because she wanted them to become homeless and whatnot. Can't say I'm as bad as her, but I do think I inherited some of the rough elements.

• Agree
Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've always had a lot of hate in my heart. Ironically its probably because I was born more emotionally empathetic than the average person. Just as empathy can help you feel sorry for another, it can also highlight the anger when someone tries to hurt you.

Seems to run in my family, at least my mother's side. My grandmother pretty much spent her life in complete hatred. She wanted to ruin everyone around her. Only met her once as a kid, but she told my mother she hopes I fail at life and kill myself. She actively encouraged her own children to drop out of high-school because she wanted them to become homeless and whatnot. Can't say I'm as bad as her, but I do think I inherited some of the rough elements.

Just to clarify I "agree" reacted because I agree with how you feel, not what your grandma said, lol

I never had hate in my heart until 2015. I was (I still am for what it's worth) always a really kind hearted person who never had anything bad happen to me, I had no reason to hate. Which is crazy to think because I was born different from the majority of population and over the years a lot of people have said they are just shocked because I don't have behavior issues, I'm not whiny, and I never complain about my way of life.

I was born with a lot of empathy, and I agree it can make you feel what others feel, and feel sympathy and empathy for someone other than yourself, but it can also hurt a lot deeper when someone wrongs you or betrays you in some way. Completely agree.

My Mom's Mom was like that, she had a lot of anger in her heart, my mom always felt like it was because of how she was treated as a child, and she'd say nasty things to my mom. The weirdest was when she got dementia and became a sweet old lady, lol.

I think there is a way to manage anger and the feelings of hate, it shouldn't take over you, it shouldn't consume you.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just to clarify I "agree" reacted because I agree with how you feel, not what your grandma said, lol

Oh really? I thought it was because you did.. :p.. and I was like.. hmm if she agrees maybe my Grandmother had a point all along.. lol.

I never had hate in my heart until 2015. I was (I still am for what it's worth) always a really kind hearted person who never had anything bad happen to me, I had no reason to hate. Which is crazy to think because I was born different from the majority of population and over the years a lot of people have said they are just shocked because I don't have behavior issues, I'm not whiny, and I never complain about my way of life.

Hmm. That's pretty amazing. Can't say I had much to complain growing up. A middle class suburban family with parents who loved me.

I was born with a lot of empathy, and I agree it can make you feel what others feel, and feel sympathy and empathy for someone other than yourself, but it can also hurt a lot deeper when someone wrongs you or betrays you in some way. Completely agree.

Yeah, empathy is a lot more complicated and liable to be twisted than society often thinks. Psychologists like Paul Bloom and the like have interesting perspectives about empathy.

My Mom's Mom was like that, she had a lot of anger in her heart, my mom always felt like it was because of how she was treated as a child, and she'd say nasty things to my mom. The weirdest was when she got dementia and became a sweet old lady, lol.

My grandmother never really became a sweet lady, lol. She seemed to have the early onset of dementia. She died a few years ago. She was massively underweight and was living alone hoarding random garbage and apparently there was urine and feces everywhere. I was sad when she died, but her end matched her ugly heart. Her death was probably when I took a harder look at myself and my anger problems and resolving not to end up like her.

Yeah my grandmother had an abusive father. Can't say whether or not he was worse than her, but he was physically violent as was she. Going back further that line of my family tree had slaves. Given how they seemed to treat their own family members I can't imagine what those slaves went through.

Not sure why my mother broke the mold. She is pretty sweet and kind. She can get angry, but she tries her best to suppress it.

I think there is a way to manage anger and the feelings of hate, it shouldn't take over you, it shouldn't consume you.

It can be hard. Especially when the emotions are blaring and you just have a deep love for it.

• Winner
Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I rated this post Winner because I felt all the feels. :nooo:

Oh really? I thought it was because you did.. :p.. and I was like.. hmm if she agrees maybe my Grandmother had a point all along.. lol.

Yes that's exactly what I meant! :p Justttt kidding. Your Grandmother did not have a point at all. :p

Hmm. That's pretty amazing. Can't say I had much to complain growing up. A middle class suburban family with parents who loved me.

Samesies. I was an only child, so you know, I was their favorite child. :satisfied:

My grandmother never really became a sweet lady, lol. She seemed to have the early onset of dementia. She died a few years ago. She was massively underweight and was living alone hoarding random garbage and apparently there was urine and feces everywhere. I was sad when she died, but her end matched her ugly heart. Her death was probably when I took a harder look at myself and my anger problems and resolving not to end up like her.

Yeah my grandmother had an abusive father. Can't say whether or not he was worse than her, but he was physically violent as was she. Going back further that line of my family tree had slaves. Given how they seemed to treat their own family members I can't imagine what those slaves went through.

Not sure why my mother broke the mold. She is pretty sweet and kind. She can get angry, but she tries her best to suppress it.

It can be hard. Especially when the emotions are blaring and you just have a deep love for it.

Yikes thats a terrible way to go. I'm a hoarder but not *that* bad. lol

I'm glad that you are trying your best not to be like that. It will get you no where really. Also it's funny you mention that about your Mom. My mom is the same way, she definitely broke the mold. Her childhood was anything but great, and she did have anger issues (like her mom) growing up but she decided she wouldn't be that way and go down that road. Like your mom, she gets angry sometimes but she tries to just not. Or to communicate instead of boiling over something. And she ended up with a daughter who likes to talk about all the things, and smooth out any arguments, lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0