Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It isn’t settled yet. I’m glad you didn’t take a similar path. How is your mother handling this?

~Bella

Confused.. as am I. Not really knowing how to take in what's going on. He was fine a few months ago, never seen someone deteriorate so quickly.

Might sound weird, but at first I thought he was faking it or suffering through some sort of hypochondria. I've never really been exposed to death and dying. Most of my grandparents died when I was younger and I never really knew them. So it can be hard for me to wrap my head around someone close going away.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That’s understandable. Especially given the suddenness of his condition. I think that’s hardest on the spouse. They weren’t prepared to say goodbye.

Not sure, I'd think it would be equally hard on the kids.. although probably in different ways. Your father and mother are like the first people you really make a connection with.

Not at all. My grandmother is the same. She’s over the top. Sometimes it’s an act and others she’s for real.

Yeah, but my father is not like that. He's the kind of guy who doesn't like to talk about his problems. It just became really obvious when he had trouble getting up the stairs. And walking all hobbled.

I lost a babysitter when I was in 2nd grade (there were three sisters) and had no other deaths until my grandfather passed. He went into the hospital. But I had a dream and knew he wouldn’t come home.

That's sad. What happened to her? I'd say I only went to one funeral that was sad, and that was when a 16 year old girl at my church died of cancer. Couldn't even walk up to the body. Was a little angry that some of my fellow teens were laughing and making jokes (not about her). Just seeing someone close to my age die, is pretty heartbreaking. I went to both of my grandparents funerals, but I was really too young to understand plus I never really knew them.

Although he’s ill, I think it’s important to remain positive. They know when they’re leaving. And until you’re given a word no hope is left; don’t give up. :yellowheart:
~Bella

I'm not totally hopeless. Right now its like 50/50 in my head. Although sadly I don't think his quality of life is ever going to be the same again. He was already an extremely depressed individual before.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Had a nice Christmas with my family (we celebrate on Christmas eve). Sadly might be the last one with my father, but I tried to cherish the moment.

Same here, we celebrate at my parents' on the Eve and tomorrow we'll go to my grandmother's...tamale time!

Hope your father gets well, he has my prayers. Yah bless!

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Same here, we celebrate at my parents' on the Eve and tomorrow we'll go to my grandmother's...tamale time!

Hope your father gets well, he has my prayers. Yah bless!

All my grandparents are dead.. the last one died a year or so ago. She lived in a house with filth everywhere and was extremely thin and sickly. Although she was pretty evil. Only met her once, but she was extremely abusive towards my mother. My mother said my grandmother said she hoped that I would fail at life and kill myself, lol. Despite only meeting her at 8, and doing nothing to earn her wrath.

Still, when I heard she died.. it was sad.. wished she would have made amends about her behavior.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was feeling good until my first break at work today... 2020 please be better. I can't wi for anything this year.

I was hoping it would only be good days at work for you at this time of the year, Miss Angel. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
20191227_175452.jpg
Just ordered my food delivery bag^

Now I gotta put together a nice flyer for my sister to put up in the break room of the hospital she works at...if any of you have some good ideas let me know!

I'm thinking something simple like "Tone's Delivery Service" with some bullet point specifications and a picture of a bike zipping around. I need some design ideas though. Thanks ahead!

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Me. ^-^

Miss Fire Girl, a pleasure to see you again after quite some time. *bows*

Hey Mr knight :)

Yeah i am meant to being doing a critical review and suppose to be researching about COPM hahaha but found myself on here lol

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
View attachment 269218 Just ordered my food delivery bag^

Now I gotta put together a nice flyer for my sister to put up in the break room of the hospital she works at...if any of you have some good ideas let me know!

I'm thinking something simple like "Tone's Delivery Service" with some bullet point specifications and a picture of a bike zipping around. I need some design ideas though. Thanks ahead!

Just learn magic to fly on a broom like Kiki did. Your delivery service will be all the more practical and expedient. :p

(DISCLAIMER: No, I am not seriously intending to promote witchcraft of any kind. I keep the use of divine or magical powers in works of pure fiction where it belongs.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
(DISCLAIMER: No, I am not seriously intending to promote witchcraft of any kind. I keep the use of divine or magical powers in works of pure fiction where it belongs.)
Hmm, I've got my eye on you SK! :nono:

:p

• Useful
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
May have the early symptoms of a cold or influenza; had a slight fever, headache and muscle aches last night and this morning. Hopefully whatever this is passes quickly.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Just learn magic to fly on a broom like Kiki did. Your delivery service will be all the more practical and expedient. :p

I had to google COPM and Kiki...one seemed too complicated and I don't think google took me to the right place on the other one...

:waaah:

Upvote 0