Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The new episode of South Park was funny. Mocking women who threaten to quite social media because of vanilla trolling.

I quit after Season 17 due to the decline in quality but lately I'm hearing a lot of good things about the latest seasons of South Park.

Would this be a good time to start watching again? What have I missed?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I quit after Season 17 due to the decline in quality but lately I'm hearing a lot of good things about the latest seasons of South Park.

Would this be a good time to start watching again? What have I missed?

Oh yeah, the writing has certainly declined. It's not golden, although its amusing to see a mainstream show tackle the absurdity of social justice warriors and women aiming to be the biggest female stereotypes on the planet, lol.

I'd say this current season and the season last year is worth a watch.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The new episode of South Park was funny. Mocking women who threaten to quite social media because of vanilla trolling.
I let go of South Park because I found years ago when it took the turn to becoming overly trendy. Imo an episode here and there about the latest trends is fine, but when you stop making content of your own it's just bad writing.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I let go of South Park because I found years ago when it took the turn to becoming overly trendy. Imo an episode here and there about the latest trends is fine, but when you stop making content of your own it's just bad writing.

Maybe, although they've been heavily pop cultured influence since the beginning. Which is fine I guess, when I watch old episode it sometimes is like taking a stroll down memory lane. Lol.

Reactions: CodyFaith
Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well of course not. You knew Im a fan. :sput:

Besides, mocking them is about the only thing they deserve *Said as a fan from day one until my last day on this Earth* they have no excuses. Rookie QB, short week, no Gronk....... so on and so on...... there BETTER be accountability for this loss cause IMO its inexcusable to look THIS bad given the circumstances.

Bear in mind the Patriots do have a good defense. Best I can do.

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe, although they've been heavily pop cultured influence since the beginning. Which is fine I guess, when I watch old episode it sometimes is like taking a stroll down memory lane. Lol.

Season 8 is my favorite out of the whole series. That's where the show peaked with many memorable episodes in one season.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Season 8 is my favorite out of the whole series. That's where the show peaked with many memorable episodes in one season.

Yeah, you're probably right. Season 4-12 are the golden years in my opinion.

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I found the show tacky in the first season, but oddly enough I don't care as much about crass humor and foul language as I did then. Maybe I could just ignore that now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It was certainly rough in the first few seasons.

Although watching them now, the show seemed so tame. Amazing how desensitized people are now to things.

Sadly as a man who likes shock humor, its hard to be shocked by any type of humor now. Especially in the Youtube age where censorship for the most part doesn't really exist.

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was certainly rough in the first few seasons.

Although watching them now, the show seemed so tame. Amazing how desensitized people are now to things.

Sadly as a man who likes shock humor, its hard to be shocked by any type of humor now. Especially in the Youtube age where censorship for the most part doesn't really exist.

The 1990's really made shock humor a household thing for TV goers.

In 1989, The Simpsons premiered and took things far. In 1997 South Park premiered and took things really far. In 1999 Family guy premiered and took things really far but not as far as South Park.

This unholy trinity of animated sitcoms defined modern television entertainment.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The 1990's really made shock humor a household thing for TV goers.

In 1989, The Simpsons premiered and took things far. In 1997 South Park premiered and took things really far. In 1999 Family guy premiered and took things really far but not as far as South Park.

This unholy trinity of animated sitcoms defined modern television entertainment.

Yeah I'm too young to really remember the Simpsons backlash, but yeah Bart Simpson used to be edgy.

Family Guy certainly took things far for Network TV. And for some jokes, I think the Family Guy writers are willing to go to darker places than the South Park ones. Lol.

Being a teen boy, these shows were awesome. Sadly I'm not sure if future generation of kids will have the same experiences. Although with sjws making things taboo, maybe shock humor will mean something once again. That's all moral police really do. Scream, be hypocrites and make good targets to feel edgy and cool. Lol.

We had religion, and old customs. Future generations can have whiny over sensitive liberals. :p

Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Being a teen boy, these shows were awesome. Sadly I'm not sure if future generation of kids will have the same experiences. Although with sjws making things taboo, maybe shock humor will mean something once again. That's all they really do. Scream, be hypocrites and make good targets to feel edgy and cool. Lol.

Funny you should mention that. When I look at cartoons (especially the racist ones) from the 1930's and 1940's, I just think about how they are shocking to us today and make us think, "How could they??" but back then these were the edgy but still perfectly acceptable jokes you could pull off with little consequence. With luck, the SJW will make Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park shocking again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Went for a walk. Big mistake. I was walking home with my upper body swaying around ready to collapse. This time of year was my favorite for walks too. :(

My health is deteriorating and won't know why for weeks, I'm out of work at a bad financial time, I'm likely going to be increasingly housebound as time goes on and my mother is getting more irritable than normal lately due to all the stress.

I seriously hope this is just something as silly as an ear infection because right now I'm getting more unsettled by the day.
Oh wow, I hope you get to feeling better, soon. Prayers for you. :hug:

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟208,541.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, please! Worry about Halloween instead of Christmas! There's months difference between the dates!

*Nerdy joke warning*

Q: Why can't programmers tell the difference between Christmas and Halloween?
A: Because DEC 25 = OCT 31

Reactions: Deidre32
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.