dog-wearing-pants-wp_650x400_61451447657.jpg

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Is it bad that I get annoyed when a table evangelizes to me?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I just hate being told what to do. I react very badly when someone tells me what to do.

I know that no one likes it, but I REALLY don't like it. To the point that I'll do the exact opposite instead.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just hate being told what to do. I react very badly when someone tells me what to do.

I know that no one likes it, but I REALLY don't like it. To the point that I'll do the exact opposite instead.

Do NOT send me 1 mealion dollars......
giphy.gif

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
OMM. careers vs calling. I'm hearing the calling. I hate the word 'career'. It has been the bane of my life. workaholics and the money hungry have careers. They promise much but deliver nothing. You end up trapped inside a system that doesn't care for you and leads nowhere. Millions of girls get told they must have a career and to do everything on top of everything else. But I say nay. Christ has come to set us free out of Egypt, not to send us in.

Christians have vocations and we must fufill what God calls us to fulfill and not let the cares of this world choke our spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Weird.
I'm not too keen on sandwiches, and always preferred the american version - the hamburger.
If it has to be a sandwich, make it a toasted one please.
Don't 'just' toast it. Grill it. Make the sandwich, spread butter on the bread, fry it. Best sandwich ever.

OMM: Am I the ONLY person that wants to stick their finger in deep cuts when they get them?

I busted my head open pretty deep this morning according to a nurse and I keep wanting to pick at it. :|

Yikes, what happened?

Do you guys think I'm a loser?
Not at all. Why would we?

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, not unless you are getting a prostate exam.

If you are then dont take it personally no one feels like a winner then.

Hooray. More of Toro's snark. ^_^

But, seriously, I just read something from liberal Christian blogger Zack Hunt that really hit me, because it is the words I think I have been trying to find to explain my refreshed faith in God to others that I gained after being wrongfully afraid of Him in my OCD crisis about three years ago. I don't agree with everything Mr. Hunt says (in fact, just like many conservative Christians, I think that he too brings politics too much into the equation, judging those opposite him too much for their particular world views; it ain't just a problem with conservative believers, liberals, so don't get smug =P), but he had a very simple phrase explaining one of the defining features of progressive Christianity, and this is something I now identify with in full: "Honor, not terror".

He explains it better than I could, with these words:

Are we supposed to be afraid of God? Throughout the Bible, people are commended for “fearing the Lord.” So it’s easy to think that God is supposed to be scary and that Christians who have encountered an unscary, gentle God haven’t met the real God and are instead projecting their own personal Santa Claus yes-man into the clouds. But what’s interesting when we look at the way “fearing the Lord” is described in the Bible, it’s never being frightened that is commended, but rather the integrity to do the right thing even when you have the power to do evil without earthly consequences. Fearing the Lord looks a lot more like honor than terror.

Being afraid of God is actually not commended by the Bible. In Jesus’ parable of the talents, the third servant who buried his talent in the ground explains to his master, “I was afraid for you are a harsh man.” When we’re afraid of God, we choose the safest path possible instead of accepting his invitation to take risks and be vulnerable for the sake of his kingdom. What we need to fear is not what God will do to us, but what we are doing to God when we trample over truth and justice in situations where nobody can stop us. This is why God represents himself to us as a helpless, bloody man on a cross. To say “I fear the Lord” as a Christian should mean that I fear doing anything that further crucifies Jesus. Every violation of truth and justice in our lives is a betrayal of our crucified God. The more comfortable we become in our dishonor, the more torturous it will be to spend eternity with the One we have always crucified.

And I say amen to that. I do not attempt to practice morality and honor as a believing knight just because I am afraid of God burning me alive forever if I fail; what is good about that? Is this what the Light is supposed to be about? Doing good just to avoid punishment? I shed that unScriptural fear years ago. I wish to serve the Lord and keep doing honorable things and acting lovingly out of honor for Him and because His Spirit has enabled me to think more like Him in determining right and wrong, to want to do right even if no one but Him may notice it. I believe terror has no place in worship, not if you want to keep calling our God a God of goodness and love whose mercy triumphs over judgment with a straight face before unbelievers. When I sin willingly, I always end up thinking back to the Savior who bore the insults and the mockery and the severe, sadistic beatings at the hands of people who refused to believe, for that very sin I just committed, and that is enough to shame me into admitting I acted dishonorably and wanting forgiveness, from both Him and myself. It took a severe shaking up in the form of the type of OCD known as scrupulosity for eight agonizing months to get me to start thinking more like this, and I could not be more grateful to the Lord for guiding me to that point.

Does that mean that Zack Hunt is right about everything? Far from it. Neither am I, neither is any other believer. Spread the Gospel, people, not judgment or criticism or even the bad news you believe will come about as the result of not believing the Good News (whether you are a traditionalist, conditionalist like me, or a universalist). Loathing fear will not help people towards believing in Christ. You can threaten hellfire and damnation or even just annihilation or a severe belt whipping all you want to unbelievers or Christians who have a different view of things, but if it spurs anyone at all to come to Christ, well, they've come for the wrong reason, and the Holy Spirit will have His work cut out for Him in reshaping their hearts as He is always doing for the rest of us, it seems.

.... And no, this was not aimed at any particular conservative-minded believer here among our group. I just wanted to speak what was on my mind since reading this phrase that describes how I think now quite well. Again, "Honor, not terror."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OMM: Am I the ONLY person that wants to stick their finger in deep cuts when they get them?

I busted my head open pretty deep this morning according to a nurse and I keep wanting to pick at it. :|

Hello, Toro is sticking his fingers in his cuts, your not even top ten.

Just kidding Toro, its your cut, do with it as you please. :)

:doh: Please do not encourage the man to do something he ought not to do... :muahah:

A bit late but....

Wee-Ooo Wee-Ooo
*Loads up the Toro Bull and takes him away to the clinic* :ambulance:

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A bit late but....

Wee-Ooo Wee-Ooo
*Loads up the Toro Bull and takes him away to the clinic* :ambulance:

I really like your attempt to spell out the sounds that an ambulance siren makes, Miss Sheena. ^_^

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.