Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
How you like having no idea what anyone is talking about?:runcry:

:sput:

Happens to me all the time, particularly when I start talking about video games to a non-gamer. :ahah:

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
How do you have faith and trust in God without wavering? Lately I have personified the double-minded person in the passage from James "But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." How do you stay strong in the face of trials without giving up?

My faith is weak where it used to be strong. Please pray that God would strengthen me to get back to where I was before.
I know it sometimes isn't easy. I'm sorry I'm not so good with advice in this area, but others have given some great advice that I'm sure is helpful to you. I'm going to pray for you, though. :hug:

OMM: Sometimes people make me very sad.
Aw I'm sorry to hear that. :( Will pray for you too!

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
And here is the stuffed bear! ^_^

270386_ee942ed4d4277052da2c39fc6335f3e5.png

I named her Daisy. :satisfied: Now I've made all three animals from the pattern I got for Christmas!

270388_3e3a556b3d792551961c3b2cc4d802e8.png

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You people and your animorphs.....:mmh:

Thundercats!!!!!!

How you like having no idea what anyone is talking about?:runcry:

:sput:

THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOO

eh I enjoyed the remake more but only watched a few episodes, I liked how it was drawn. I was really young when thunder cats was on tv but the first shirt I remember wearing was a thunder cats shirt. watching old cartoon intros is enjoyable.

2Cor 12:9-10 (YLT)
and He said to me, `Sufficient for thee is My grace, for My power in infirmity is perfected;' most gladly, therefore, will I rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of the Christ may rest on me: wherefore I am well pleased in infirmities, in damages, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses--for Christ; for whenever I am infirm, then I am powerful;

Last edited:
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
  • Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I know it sometimes isn't easy. I'm sorry I'm not so good with advice in this area, but others have given some great advice that I'm sure is helpful to you. I'm going to pray for you, though. :hug:

Aw I'm sorry to hear that. :( Will pray for you too!
Thank you, Multi. Your prayers mean a lot. :hug:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulie079

Site Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do you have faith and trust in God without wavering? Lately I have personified the double-minded person in the passage from James "But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." How do you stay strong in the face of trials without giving up?

My faith is weak where it used to be strong. Please pray that God would strengthen me to get back to where I was before.

So I think that passage you quoted, when taken in context, is talking about asking God for wisdom. Which...I guess it could be extended to include asking God for other things. But the way that I see it, there is such a difference between asking God in a way that's not a lot different than buying a lottery ticket--"Okay God, this is kind of a shot in the dark since I'm not really sure you are going to follow through, but..."--and asking God believing that he is there, he is listening, and he cares deeply about what is on your heart.
I think too that there is a difference between doubt as a momentary struggle and a state of the heart. We all have momentary doubts at times. If we didn't, we wouldn't really need faith. But I think doubt as a state of the heart where we aren't trusting in God being who he says he is might more be the thrust of what that passage in James is getting at. The very nature of doubt really is that we are kind of tossed around, isn't it? We waver about whether or not what we believe is really true. But whether your reaction to the shifting tides of doubt is to drift away with the tide or to anchor yourself in Christ I think really separates the double-minded person from the faithful one. And Leo, you seem much more like the latter to me.

• Friendly
Reactions: leothelioness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Friendly
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So there's this CFer here that seems to be a theme poster. The other night they called someone of the opposite sex part of their username. I thought it was a bit weird and funny at the same time. Or maybe this gal's name was actually Sarah. Who knows. I try to stay out of the loop on these things.
#nofilter

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So I think that passage you quoted, when taken in context, is talking about asking God for wisdom. Which...I guess it could be extended to include asking God for other things. But the way that I see it, there is such a difference between asking God in a way that's not a lot different than buying a lottery ticket--"Okay God, this is kind of a shot in the dark since I'm not really sure you are going to follow through, but..."--and asking God believing that he is there, he is listening, and he cares deeply about what is on your heart.
I think too that there is a difference between doubt as a momentary struggle and a state of the heart. We all have momentary doubts at times. If we didn't, we wouldn't really need faith. But I think doubt as a state of the heart where we aren't trusting in God being who he says he is might more be the thrust of what that passage in James is getting at. The very nature of doubt really is that we are kind of tossed around, isn't it? We waver about whether or not what we believe is really true. But whether your reaction to the shifting tides of doubt is to drift away with the tide or to anchor yourself in Christ I think really separates the double-minded person from the faithful one. And Leo, you seem much more like the latter to me.
You are right, I never thought of it that way.

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Site Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes education leads people to overthink. In that case, too much education can be a bad thing... if one cannot humble oneself and consider simple human explanations for things.

IMCO, more education doesn’t necessarily mean more wisdom. I think the more wisdom a person has, the more they realize how much they don’t know.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was given a text message of encouragement last night from my former coworker at Dr. Pepper, Marina, saying she and some of the old crew misses me, and that she wishes to hang out with me sometime soon. I'm all like :flatt:

I shall certainly not regret it being Marina who was the first and so far only girl I ever went on a date with. :angel:

• Friendly
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.