Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Oh nice! The only date I've been on and the guy was on his phone the entire time. :/

How rude!

It will come, I've been single for 3 year but it's time to met someone :) and share my life with

Reactions: leothelioness
Upvote 0

Journey.In.Grace

Daughter of the One True King
Sep 2, 2013
Texas, US
✟159,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
How rude!

It will come, I've been single for 3 year but it's time to met someone :) and share my life with

I am very happy for you! ^_^ And yes, the guy and I did not last very long. Every date on his attention was on his phone. He made me feel so unimportant.

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I am very happy for you! ^_^ And yes, the guy and I did not last very long. Every date on his attention was on his phone. He made me feel so unimportant.

Don't worry I've had really bad dates! One guy licked my face [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Don't worry I've had really bad date! One guy licked my face [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

tumblr_m0n7a4Kj3u1qcpel0.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: CodyFaith
Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Found some interesting Bible verses about verbal abuse...

“The tongue has the power of life and death.” ~Proverbs 18:21

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire." ~Matthew 5:21-22

A lot of internet users are going to have Hell to pay. Nice to know God isn't one of those kind of people who expects you to be some macho man who can shake off any insult with extreme confidence.

Reactions: TheGirlOnFire
Upvote 0

Journey.In.Grace

Sep 2, 2013
Texas, US
✟159,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire." ~Matthew 5:21-22

A lot of internet users are going to have Hell to pay. Nice to know God isn't one of those kind of people who expects you to be some macho man who can shake off any insult with extreme confidence.

I love Matthew. It is probably one of my favorite Gospels. I have endured through verbal abuse my entire life, and still do now and then. It is not fun, and you are picked until all you can do is cry. I take comfort in God's Word specifically about His healing and comfort.

Reactions: leothelioness
Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟123,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Funny you should share this verse. I was just discussing with someone that our words have the power to bring life or death to others. Then I log in and see your post :) There is no shame in having a soft heart and feeling the sting of others thoughtless words. I think the more we mature in Christ the more attune to the feelings of others we become. I also think we can adopt the approach of Christ ( forgive them for they know not what they say). Admittedly, I've struggled to not allow things to eat at me, but I'm getting better at not internalizing things and realizing the source of these rude comments. Some people may not intend to hurt us but the devil can use their thoughtless speech to wound us in the most vulnerable areas. Your post is a good reminder for us all to check our motives and reasons for our posts. If we aren't going to encourage or edify others ( or have harmless fun) then it is better not to post. Even online interaction or written posts can have very negative affects on others (especially if they are already down)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love Matthew. It is probably one of my favorite Gospels. I have endured through verbal abuse my entire life, and still do now and then. It is not fun, and you are picked until all you can do is cry. I take comfort in God's Word specifically about His healing and comfort.

It's even worse when you're male. You got to be a man. Be a man! BE A MAN! ...Until you just want to curl up into a ball and cry...

I just discovered these bible verses and it changes everything. I recently started thinking that all my suffering was just overreaction to verbal bullying but apparently God takes it very seriously. I see a lot of American conservative Christians resorting to petty insults, blaming, shaming, ridicule, and mockery towards anyone who doesn't meet their standards of spiritual and moral perfection.

..And then there's this:

"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people. They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone." ~2 Timothy 3:1-9

I have seen a lot of this on conservative websites. I'm not saying all of them are like this but the alarming amount of callousness is still there by people who proclaim that they're God-fearing Christians.

Funny you should share this verse. I was just discussing with someone that our words have the power to bring life or death to others. Then I log in and see your post :) There is no shame in having a soft heart and feeling the sting of others thoughtless words. I think the more we mature in Christ the more attune to the feelings of others we become. I also think we can adopt the approach of Christ ( forgive them for they know not what they say). Admittedly, I've struggled to not allow things to eat at me, but I'm getting better at not internalizing things and realizing the source of these rude comments. Some people may not intend to hurt us but the devil can use their thoughtless speech to wound us in the most vulnerable areas. Your post is a good reminder for us all to check our motives and reasons for our posts. If we aren't going to encourage or edify others ( or have harmless fun) then it is better not to post. Even online interaction or written posts can have very negative affects on others (especially if they are already down)

When you're on the spectrum, you take things literally, internalize insults and are hyper-sensitive to criticism. It was a result of nature to me, not nurture. Spectrum or not, people have no right to hurt each other in any way.

Again, I'm comforted by the fact that God does take these sort of things seriously and that my suffering was not in vain. Before I felt the cards were stacked against me thanks to conservative Christians sites like Rapture Ready but I am now realizing that God is not like that.

God is good.

Upvote 0

Journey.In.Grace

Sep 2, 2013
Texas, US
✟159,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
It's even worse when you're male. You got to be a man. Be a man! BE A MAN! ...Until you just want to curl up into a ball and cry...

I just discovered these bible verses and it changes everything. I recently started thinking that all my suffering was just overreaction to verbal bullying but apparently God takes it very seriously. I see a lot of American conservative Christians resorting to petty insults, blaming, shaming, ridicule, and mockery towards anyone who doesn't meet their standards of spiritual and moral perfection.

..And then there's this:

"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people. They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone." ~2 Timothy 3:1-9

I have seen a lot of this on conservative websites. I'm not saying all of them are like this but the alarming amount of callousness is still there by people who proclaim that they're God-fearing Christians.

When you're on the spectrum, you take things literally, internalize insults and are hyper-sensitive to criticism. It was a result of nature to me, not nurture. Spectrum or not, people have no right to hurt each other in any way.

Again, I'm comforted by the fact that God does take these sort of things seriously and that my suffering was not in vain. Before I felt the cards were stacked against me thanks to conservative Christians sites like Rapture Ready but I am now realizing that God is not like that.

God is good.

Men seem to think you have to be tough and macho, that they have to put up this strong appearance in order to survive. Being completely honest here, it is a huge turn off for me when a guy tries to act all macho and tough. Emotions are a thing; even men feel them, and when you are alive in Christ, you're weak. You're not the strong one, God is, and you definitely will have times where you will shed tears. I never understand these macho man attitudes, they are so ridiculous. But men can cry. My father, an Air Force and Marines disabled Veteran, is so sensitive and cries more than I do.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟123,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Before I felt the cards were stacked against me thanks to conservative Christians sites like Rapture Ready.
Just the name of that forum terrifies me, lol. I can only imagine your interactions with others on there. As someone that would identify most closely with traditional Christianity and conservative political views, I will say conservative Christians are often the worst for being harsh :(

It's almost ironic to me that most often a group of Christians can discuss no topic without it resulting in civil war, lol. We have no safe topics it seems. We should be more longsuffering with each other, but it seems to me that we're more quick to get into heated debates and hurl insults at each other than a lot of secular people are. I think people are more committed and zealous for ideals and theology than they are to imitating the life of Christ. Sorry you have endured so much negative treatment

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alsughasoughaiuyfygh

Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2015
Unknown
✟681,328.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just the name of that forum terrifies me, lol. I can only imagine your interactions with others on there. As someone that would identify most closely with traditional Christianity and conservative political views, I will say conservative Christians are often the worst for being harsh :(

I originally joined because it was a forum dedicated to Bible Prophecy. I spent around a year on there before leaving because I found them to be absolutely nuts. They are more loyal to Ronald Reagan and the US constitution than they are to Jesus and the Bible. They are very intolerant to anything that challenges their theology and don't seek any meaningful discussion, just validation. Their conservative beliefs border on fascism and they think that any criticism towards them is persecution even though they friggin' swarm in on you if you disagree with them on anything. The moderators are also very arrogant and power hungry and will ban you if you don't agree with their delusions. It was very cult-like.

It's almost ironic to me that most often a group of Christians can discuss no topic without it resulting in civil war, lol. We have no safe topics. Lol. We should be more longsuffering with each other, but it seems to me that we're more quick to get into heated debates and hurl insults at each other than a lot of secular people are. I think people are more committed and zealous for ideals and theology than they are to imitating the life of Christ. Sorry you have endured so much negative treatment

It's a rather sad state of affairs. Mohandas Gandhi once said, "I like your Christ but I don't like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." It's sharp to the touch because it's true. I am well aware that many are turned off by Christianity because of how hypocritical and in-your-face we can be.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.