fairmaiden05

Mar 22, 2006
Canada
✟7,636.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
okay ladies in your thirties. what was it like when you turned 30? how did you feel when the time came? if you're well into your 30's, what is it like? do you enjoy the 30's even better than your 20's?

i'm 25, and i don't know why i'm worried about this, but i feel that turning 30, i won't get to have anymore fun and that i'm running out of time to have babies. it's silly, really, cause i'm healthy enough.

maybe i'm worried that God is going to call us all home too before i even get to experience some things i want to in life....

so how do you feel? i'd love some feedback.

fairmaiden05

llghoney

Life is preparation for eternity
May 31, 2005
✟23,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Turning 30 was the B'day I did nto want to come. I wa like you & thought oh, after 30 what is there to look forward to? We still have not tried to have kids. I do feel like I am lazier than I was. But this may be because I quit work. But I son't actually fell older if you will. I don't feel 31. SOmetimes that is just hard to say that #. I think if you make your mind to feel young you will stay young at heart. And your body will reflect.

But it was rough for me I have to admit.

Upvote 0

HeyHomie

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2005
Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not a woman, but I'll chime in.

For my, my 30th birthday was.... Saturday. I had some chocolate cake. Other than that, it was no big deal.

There's still plenty of fun to be had after you turn 30. Stay healthy - eat right and work out every day, and you'll be able to do at 30 (and after) anything you could do at 20.

If you're concerned about having babies - I'll grant you that it gets more difficult after 30, it's still not impossible.

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I'm 30. It's not a big deal to me. I've known people who made things of it, but to me, it's just a number. My birthday was just a birthday, fairly low-key. My Bible study group surprised me with a little party, which was cool. But the fact that it was "The Big Three-Oh" didn't really factor in too much.

In fact, there is a small part of me that's pleased to be in my 30s now, as I hope I might get a little more professional respect than a 20-something (although people still always think I'm in my early or mid twenties. go figure)

As for the babies thing... well, I'm pretty happy with life right now, and what the Lord brings, He brings... what He doesn't, He doesn't. I'm not too old for God to bless me with anything He wants... I'm just old enough to be happy with what I've been given.

Upvote 0

JulianaTheory

Feel worthless? To God, U were worth One Jesus!
Aug 2, 2005
Texas
✟30,651.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Turning 30 was a piece of cake. When I turned 25 it about killed me! I moped around like I didn't have a friend in the world and my fav cat died. I think it bothered me that 30 felt like it was just around the corner and comin' too fast too. When 30 came...there was nothing to it. Actually, I think in your 30's you have discovered much about who you are and a lot of that stress is gone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhylla

Apr 12, 2006
✟7,905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i liked turning 30. my 20s were a lil up and down emotionally.

im 38 now and facing 40!!! but im more settled with myself now than 10 years ago.
gotta say tho, i cant eat what i like any more and get away with it which is a down side, but apart from that im happy being in my 30s.

-Rhylla-

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Honestly, when I turned thirty I was depressed. lol It was a BIG FAT reminder that although I had accomplished many things I wanted to do professionally/socially (ex. education/careeer/etc.) and had accomplished nothing on my list of personal goals. Like many ladies, I had planned to be married and have a child or two by then (or at least starting on one or the other).

Well my 30th birthday wasn't totally depressing though - my b-day is on Christmas so there was a very joyous aspect to it as well. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums