Not open for further replies.

Godcreatedsteve

Apr 11, 2012
✟458.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not the question I asked. I asked what is a gun nut? I am looking for a definition. Is your left-wing liberal opinion that anyone owning a gun is a gun nut?

A gun nut is someone who has an abnormal psychological fixation on guns. He is also belligerently opposed to any rational legislation to help reduce the estimated 30,000 gun deaths each year in the US.

Some theorize that this abnormal fixation is in compensation for an abnormally small male member. Others theorize that it's a product of racism, a high level of sublimated anxiety and fear, a sense of powerlessness combined with feelings of resentment, or some unique combination of all of the above.

It's important to remember that, just as with alcoholics, drug addicts, and the morbidly obese, gun fixation is a disease that requires treatment before the addict can resume a normal life and healthy relationships.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A gun nut is someone who has an abnormal psychological fixation on guns. He is also belligerently opposed to any rational legislation to help reduce the estimated 30,000 gun deaths each year in the US.

Some theorize that this abnormal fixation is in compensation for an abnormally small male member. Others theorize that it's a product of racism, a high level of sublimated anxiety and fear, a sense of powerlessness combined with feelings of resentment, or some unique combination of all of the above.

It's important to remember that, just as with alcoholics, drug addicts, and the morbidly obese, gun fixation is a disease that requires treatment before the addict can resume a normal life and healthy relationships.
You are spreading lies, which is a sin you know, or should know. You are quoting old data from 2007 pretending that it's pertinent to this discussion.

Gun ownership up in U.S., poll says: What about firearm deaths? - HealthPop - CBS News

As gun ownership has increased in the USA, murders using firearms has decreased. In 2007, gun deaths were around 30000, but not now. The latest data for 2011 shows gun deaths were around 9000. More guns means less crime. See the link below for additional info.

Murders with firearms statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan's children today rule near all the world and the u.s.A is one of the last (only) places on earth where we have to tools to defeat satan and his followers and their criminal systems.
God didn't leave any of His children powerless. Which country they live in doesn't have anything to do with it.

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whoa whoa! That's quite a leap you're making to think that it means that everyone should be allowed to carry guns around.

Where does Jesus say that we should go around shooting bad guys? When did Jesus use a sword or other weapon against someone?

I'm no Biblical scholar, but I think Jesus was referring to spiritual warfare, which requires you to love others, rather than filling with lead people we don't like.
:thumbsup: Do some here actually believe they can defeat Satan with guns? All guns do is send humans to Hell.

2 Corinthians 10:3-4 (NASB)
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
:thumbsup: Do some here actually believe they can defeat Satan with guns? All guns do is send humans to Hell.

2 Corinthians 10:3-4 (NASB)
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.
Their own actions determine their fate.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Zimmerman's actions killed one and put himself in court. Now that's a gun nut.
Not really, if it was self-defense. I presume he's innocent until proven guilty, or are you deciding all cases now? Nowhere in the Bible does it say self-defense is wrong. Mr. Zimmerman turned the other cheek and was getting is head pounded into the pavement, for what it's worth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
L

Lovely Lane

Not really, if it was self-defense. I presume he's innocent until proven guilty, or are you deciding all cases now? Nowhere in the Bible does it say self-defense is wrong. Mr. Zimmerman turned the other cheek and was getting is head pounded into the pavement, for what it's worth.
You didn't read what was posted. And show me Zimmerman's medical report, a cut or two on the head bleeds much but isn't life threatening.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

Id say that a person whos life was saved by some one with a gun might change their mind about gun laws. A policeman is only 15 minutes away when seconds count.
cute slogan, makes for a great bumper sticker. I'm not so sure about the 15 minute response time, depends of second doughnut rule, (two are better than one).

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You didn't read what was posted. And show me Zimmerman's medical report, a cut or two on the head bleeds much but isn't life threatening.
So Zimmerman should have let Martin bounce his head on the pavement until he loses consciousness, and Martin uses Zimmerman's gun against him. You really don't make sense sometimes (most times, actually).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
True indeed. But so do ours if we kill humans.
Killing is not a sin. Murder is a sin. The same God we worship today ordered the slaughter of every man, woman, child and all the livestock of cities in the middle east so He could give the land to His people, Israel. Was God wrong? Are you judging Him?

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Killing is not a sin. Murder is a sin. The same God we worship today ordered the slaughter of every man, woman, child and all the livestock of cities in the middle east so He could give the land to His people, Israel. Was God wrong? Are you judging Him?
I see nothing like that in the NT.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I see nothing like that in the NT.
Oh, so you don't worship the God of the OT except that Jesus said the following:

John 14:7
"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him." [NASB]

Jesus and the Father are one.

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, so you don't worship the God of the OT except that Jesus said the following:

John 14:7
"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him." [NASB]

Jesus and the Father are one.
How did you get all that out of my comment?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.