Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The question remains: do American citizen's have the right to own and bear arms?

In the case of Zimmerman, he had a perfect right to carry a gun. My hunch is that if he would not have shot 6' 2" Martin, who was allegedly on top of him, assaulting him, Zimmerman would've been killed, or at the very least, been rendered unconscious. In that case, he had every right to shoot whoever was assaulting him.

The reason Martin apparently didn't know that Zimmerman was armed, is because Zimmerman did not have his gun out because he was not planning to kill anyone in cold blood.

More details should be emerging, such as in 2010 when Zimmerman allegedly received a commendation from the mayor or championing the cause of a homeless man who was assaulted by a police officer's son. The homeless man, named Sherman Ware, was Black. The police officer's son was White.

Secondarily, Zimmerman allegedly tutored children in neighborhoods no one else would venture to because of the crime. the children were Black.

Zimmerman is multi-racial, and part Hispanic, and grew up in a multi-racial home and environment.

Mr. Zimmerman is neither a gun nut nor racist.

Reactions: Faith.Man
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny I like your out look on the matter.

thank you brother...it has been harrowing to say the least to look past the mis-information and demonizing and witch-hunt that has permeated the media and thus the minds of so many.

God help us at this dire time, to keep level heads and to do our own research. I will not stand by and allow a scapegoating or sacrificial lamb-ing of anyone. I am an advocate of those who are not able to speak up for themselves and cannot defend themselves...especially for the homeless and tossed aside and kicked to the curb...it don't much matter to me what color their skin is.....and i recognize the hintings of a fellow advocate, a tireless fighter for justice.

This all will unfold, eventually. Until then, i will not close my eyes to the jumping to conclusions and demonizing of one i suspect was defending himself, regardless of the stampeding to make an example of him and calling for his head with a bounty on it, in the midst of not having the facts in this case.

this has echoes of past mobbings, calling for blood.

It must stop.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

thank you brother...it has been harrowing to say the least to look past the mis-information and demonizing and witch-hunt that has permeated the media and thus the minds of so many.

God help us at this dire time, to keep level heads and to do our own research. I will not stand by and allow a scapegoating or sacrificial lamb-ing of anyone. I am an advocate of those who are not able to speak up for themselves and cannot defend themselves...especially for the homeless and tossed aside and kicked to the curb...it don't much matter to me what color their skin is.....and i recognize the hintings of a fellow advocate, a tireless fighter for justice.

This all will unfold, eventually. Until then, i will not close my eyes to the jumping to conclusions and demonizing of one i suspect was defending himself, regardless of the stampeding to make an example of him and calling for his head with a bounty on it, in the midst of not having the facts in this case.

this has echoes of past mobbings, calling for blood.

It must stop.
well ok then, but I find it strange that you are on Zimmerman's side prior to court testimony but yet you say you're an advocate for those who can't speak for themselves...what about Martin? He isn't talking.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
well ok then, but I find it strange that you are on Zimmerman's side prior to court testimony but yet you say you're an advocate for those who can't speak for themselves...what about Martin? He isn't talking.

Do you have some facts you'd like to share?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by brinny
Do you have some facts you'd like to share?

Fact number one, Martin is dead.
Fact number two, Zimmerman shot and killed Martin

Other than these, do you have any other facts to share?

You are correct. The above is rather sparse. Now perhaps you understand why i anxiously await more details unfolding in this case, amen?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Trayvon's mother says she believes Trayvon's death was an "accident"

My hunch? Trayvon's mother knew her son and his history. My hunch? She doesn't believe Zimmerman is a monster or a racist.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds as time progresses.

Trayvon Martin's Mother: My Son's Death Was 'An Accident' - Business Insider

then later Trayvon's mother "clarifies" what she meant by saying the incident was an accident.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57413332/trayvons-mom-clarifies-it-was-an-accident-remark/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hamster_flower_hat.gif

Please be aware that this thread will be closed due to various rule violations throughout the thread. A thread clean up has already taken place, however, since members cannot post without violating the rules, the thread will be closed.

Also, please be aware that using the term "gun nut" is insulting/flame to those who own guns and should not be used in discussions.

Thank you!

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.