✟1,054,063.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not possible.

See, "God made Jesus to become sin"....... Jesus is the one time ETERNAL sacrifice for sin".
I know.
Sin, is found in the "old man that is crucified with Christ".
To be crucified is to be DEAD.
We are dead to self, and alive to God in Jesus Christ, yes.

But we are not perfect and live in a sinful world. The devil is still prowling round, trying to trip us up and keep us away from God. Paul tells us we need to engage in Spiritual warfare by putting on the armour of God.
If we were completely impervious to sin, there would be no need for spiritual warfare, nothing to fight and no need to pray "lead us not into temptation" - which is what Jesus himself told us to pray.

Paul told you to "reckon your old man to be DEAD"..
You are not doing that. You are describing it as alive,

Even Paul did that.
Are you saying that you are completely sinless, 24/7 in thought, word, deed, unconscious desire etc? Sorry, I don't believe that.
The Holy Spirit is changing us into Jesus' image and likeness, 2 Corinthians 3:18. If we were sinless and perfect, we would not need to be changed.
You are not doing that. You are describing it as alive,
No I'm not.
Sin = rebelling against God as Adam did; rejecting him, putting self first and going our own way. I am dead to that way of thinking. I don't want to put myself first, serve myself, do it my way, or the world's way. SIN does not rule my life; Christ does.
But, there are times when I slip up, give in, fail to put God's will first - either through ignorance, weakness or my own deliberate fault. I'm not perfect - none of us are. And if you doubt that Christians can do that, just look at some famous leaders who have given in to money, sex or power. Some have fallen in a big way. Some have been restored and forgiven by our awesome, merciful, loving God; some may have been too proud to ask for forgiveness, or enjoy their sin too much.

Whoever is proud that they are standing form, should be careful lest they fall, 1 Corinthians 10:12.
Whoever says they have no sin is deceiving themself and the truth is not in them, 1 John 1:8.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no need to pray "lead us not into temptation" - which is what Jesus himself told us to pray.

Even Paul did that.
Are you saying that you are completely sinless, 24/7 in thought, word, deed, unconscious desire etc? Sorry, I don't believe that.

Your Jewish Prayer, that was given before Christ died on the Cross, is not going to get it done for you.

Also, every born again Person, believer, is 'IN CHRIST"....>"one with God"...>"Seated in Heavenly Places"> having become "the temple of the Holy Spirit"....

If you think that SIN is found there, as you are falsely teaching..... then you need to rethink the Cross of Christ and what Jesus was talking about when He told you from His Cross.."It is Finished". as according to you and people like you, it isn't.
I promise you, it is finished.

= " God hath made JESUS to be SIN for US"

= " Jesus is the ONE TIME.......ETERNAL SACRIFICE.....for all SIN"

""""it is finished".

Don't deny it again, Strong in Him..... now that you know.

Upvote 0

Cassian

Sep 1, 2015
✟121,082.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Do you own a bible?

Then if you read 2 Corinthians 5:19, you are told that this verse is the MESSAGE of reconciliation.

What is that message? Its the Gospel.

"God was in Christ, on the Cross dying for the sin of the World, and having done so, the born again are to share this redemption Gospel".

= the message of reconcilation.

Its John 3:16-17, Cassian.

Its the same as 2 Corinthians 5:19
Or what is known as justification by faith. But that of itself does not save a person. It is necessary for our salvation, just as much as baptism/repentance/living the Law of faith. Our salvation is what we do with that knowledge and belief that saves us. or what is known as being saved through faith which includes being ambassadors of the Gospel.
In your theory, I asked this before, when or how does a person become "born again"?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Notice that your 2 verses contradict.

Your first verse is for the born again, as "God made Jesus to be sin for the born again.:"" which means that this has happened 2000 yrs ago.
See, the born again are "in Christ' and there is no sin found there.

"if we say we have no sin"..........is true if you are born again, as "God has made Jesus to be SIN for the born again"., which explains this verse.

1 John 3:9

However, if you are not born again,,... and you say you have no sin, then the truth is not in you, or on you, or anywhere near you.

well no .... the plan of salvation was put into place before creation (God knew man would choose to sin) .... salvation was promised to Adam & Eve .... in that God would provide a way for them to be reconciled back to Him .... through a "seed" .... and they knew that "seed" meant though a birth of a child.

This is seen in what happened in Genesis ..... God clothed them with animal skins the HE provided (pointing to the coming Messiah) of whom would be the sacrifice for all for all time.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,063.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your Jewish Prayer, that was given before Christ died on the Cross, is not going to get it done for you.

Also, every born again Person, believer, is 'IN CHRIST"....>"one with God"...>"Seated in Heavenly Places"> having become "the temple of the Holy Spirit"....

I'm not Jewish.
If you think that SIN is found there, as you are falsely teaching..... then you need to rethink the Cross of Christ and what Jesus was talking about when He told you from His Cross.."It is Finished". as according to you and people like you, it isn't.
I promise you, it is finished.
Christ's work of salvation is finished - yes. No one can add to it.
Sin is still in the world, fact.
= " God hath made JESUS to be SIN for US"

= " Jesus is the ONE TIME.......ETERNAL SACRIFICE.....for all SIN"
Don't shout; I'm perfectly capable of reading what you wrote.
Writing it in bold, in extra large letters, does not make it correct.

Are you completely sinless 24/7 in thought, word and deed - yes or no?
Are you going to address the Scriptures I gave about spiritual warfare, and being changed into Christ's image and likeness?
Are you going to answer what John says about those who deny that they sin?

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not Jewish.
Christ's work of salvation is finished - yes. No one can add to it.
Sin is still in the world, fact.
Are you going to answer what John says about those who deny that they sin?

My Home is in Israel, so, maybe i know a bit more about the Jewish Prayer that Jesus gave to the Jews, that you feel is yours?
Well, it is, because all the word of God belongs to the world, but most of the NT, that is written before the Cross was raised, is not doctrinal for the Body of Christ, as Jesus came to the "house of Israel", which = your Prayer.

Also, again, some verses are not given to the believers, they are given to the lost.

See, here is a curious thing, one of them.....about "rightly dividing the word" of God.
You have you understand the NT, in LIGHT of the Cross.
This means that verses that happened, before Jesus died, are given to the JEWS, but sometimes they are prophetic, and in that case, you can receive them as a GENTILE believer, in the "time of the Gentiles"., doctrinally.

Something else that is never explained in Catholic or Protestant denominations, about "rightly dividing the word of God" is that these Apostles were Preachers, and sometimes the verses show them preaching to Jews, or Gentiles.
That is 1 John 1:9

So, 1 John 1:9 is not talking to the born again.

Now, go to 1 John 3:9......as that verse is given to You, if you are born again.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,063.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Home is in Israel, so, maybe i know a bit more about the Jewish Prayer that Jesus gave to the Jews, that you feel is yours?
You said "your Jewish prayer, that was given before Christ died on the cross, is not going to do it for you."
I don't know why you would say that. I'm not expecting it to get anything done for me.
I said, that if we still sin because the devil is trying to tempt us, trap us and make us renounce our faith. If that were not the case, Jesus would not have taught us to pray "lead us not into temptation". Why would we need to be prevented from falling into temptation if we are all sinless and it was impossible to fall, or to sin?

The Lord's prayer was not given in the OT, it was given by Jesus.
Also, again, some verses are not given to the believers, they are given to the lost.

See, here is a curious thing, one of them.....about "rightly dividing the word" of God.
You have you understand the NT, in LIGHT of the Cross.
This means that verses that happened, before Jesus died, are given to the JEWS, but sometimes they are prophetic, and in that case, you can receive them as a GENTILE believer, in the "time of the Gentiles"., doctrinally.

Something else that is never explained in Catholic or Protestant denominations, about "rightly dividing the word of God" is that these Apostles were Preachers, and sometimes the verses show them preaching to Jews, or Gentiles.
That is 1 John 1:9

So, 1 John 1:9 is not talking to the born again.
Interesting - doesn't answer my questions.
Are you sinless 24/7 in thought, word and deed?
How can the Spirit transform us into Jesus' likeness if we are already sinless and perfect?

Now, go to 1 John 3:9......as that verse is given to You, if you are born again.
John was writing his letters to believers.
He was defending the faith against a heresy called Gnosticism. Again and again he says "I am writing this so you may KNOW."
You seem to be saying that 1 John 1:9 was not for believers, whereas 1 John 3:9 was - i.e that he changed his audience half way through his letter. What evidence do you have for that?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
This person is a real problem with some very odd & contradictory interpretations of Scripture.

After observing these kinds of discussions and debates over the last twenty or so years I've noticed a trend: The people who presume to act like experts and are here to "school" everyone else about how everyone else is wrong are usually the most biblically illiterate of the bunch. They'll resort to straw man and ad hominem arguments, and refuse to engage with actual points and counter-points. They are in love with the sound of their own voice, and don't have any desire to listen.

It's usually not worth it to even engage them, and if experience is any indicator, they don't stick around long because they soon discover that they don't have the captive audience they wanted and so will move on to the next forum.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This person is a real problem with some very odd & contradictory interpretations of Scripture.
Like the guy flipping his Bible open and reading random passages?

So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.
Then said Jesus unto him, “Go and do thou likewise.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After observing these kinds of discussions and debates over the last twenty or so years I've noticed a trend: The people who presume to act like experts and are here to "school" everyone else about how everyone else is wrong are usually the most biblically illiterate of the bunch.

What ive learned since '1987 when i was was about to go to Seminary, and just before i was taught Koine Greek manuscript evidence, and all that just after i was called by the Holy Spirit to be a "teaching evangelist", which was just before i was working in "Christian Radio"... ...is that people who post what you just posted are devoutly this..

"There are none so deaf as those who refuse to hear"

As you know, ViaCrusis.

See, you are doing penance, and confessing sin, and wasting member's time on my Thread, when you could be trying to get out of that 20 + year carnal situation, so that you can offer God something real, instead.
But you'd rather just hear yourself talk, self deceived into believing that your opinion matters here....
I get it.
Do you?

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said, that if we still sin because the devil is trying to tempt us,

The reason you sill sin and confess and repeat has been explained in about 10 of my Threads

You're on one of them.

Maybe you should carefully read it, and do what it says.
Or, you can stay where you are, wrongly believing that "sinning and confessing, and repeat" is why God's saves us.

That's on you, isn't it.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What ive learned since '1987 when i was was about to go to Seminary, and just before i was taught Koine Greek manuscript evidence, and all that just after i was called by the Holy Spirit to be a "teaching evangelist", which was just before i was working in "Christian Radio"... ...is that people who post what you just posted are devoutly this..

"There are none so deaf as those who refuse to hear"

As you know, ViaCrusis.

See, you are doing penance, and confessing sin, and wasting member's time on my Thread, when you could be trying to get out of that 20 + year carnal situation, so that you can offer God something real, instead.
But you'd rather just hear yourself talk, self deceived into believing that your opinion matters here....
I get it.
Do you?

Wow, so those of us with seminary educations and read Greek aren't valued here. Guess I'm not special enough for God to talk to me directly and correct everyone who disagrees with me.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,063.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason you sill sin and confess and repeat has been explained in about 10 of my Threads

You're on one of them.

Maybe you should carefully read it, and do what it says.
Or, you can stay where you are, wrongly believing that "sinning and confessing, and repeat" is why God's saves us.

That's on you, isn't it.

For about the 4th time, are you sinless in thought, word and deed 24/7?

If you say you are, I'm afraid that I don't believe you - but if you were, you would not need a Saviour.
If you're not sinless; if some of your thoughts, words and deeds fall short of Philippians 4:8, and 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, do you say "sorry" to God and resolve to do better? If you turn away from unkind, untrue, proud, boastful thoughts and words and turn towards Jesus, asking to be more like him - that is sinning and repenting. Repent = turn away from.

If you have unkind, untrue, judgemental thoughts but do not say "sorry" for them - how can God forgive if you have not confessed your wrongdoing? And if God hasn't forgiven you for something .........?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, so those of us with seminary educations and read Greek aren't valued here.

Try not to be so sensitive, PsaltiChrysostom., especially when the post you are referring to has not stated that having any type of Theology credentials, is important, nor was my post directed at you.

However, The Bible says that you'll be judged by your words.........so, if your theology words are in line with Paul's Doctrine, then your words are legit.
If not, then not.

And remember, , I was just offering a couple of insulting members a few of my credentials.
Also, recognize that its good to have some solid theological training, regarding doing what i do, that is apart from being Schooled in the Spirit of God.

I have a lot of this, in my background.
I have a lot of secular credentials as well.

Maybe you have noticed that i dont post unrelated, random verses, by the dozens, and then say...>"see there".
Avoid those "theologians"..

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For about the 4th time, are you sinless in thought, word and deed 24/7?

Your question proves you dont understand what it means to have become "a new Creation, in Christ"....."not under the law, but under Grace'.

Your question is related to baby christianity, or worse..... that is stuck in Hebrews 6:1.

Now.....Here is what i am...

= Born again.

What does that mean?

It means that im 'IN CHRIST.... "ONE with GOD"..... "seated in Heavenly Places".... "made Rightesous".

Here is what i am...

1 John 3:9

Here is what i am...

"As JESUS IS..........so are the born again....... IN THIS WORLD"

So, Strong in Him.....once you understand all that, you'll stop asking that silly and unlearned question that fits best in an unbeliever's mouth.

Could be a while.

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heretics and devout Liars insinuate, but they dont' post quotes.

As you know, GDL.
What I know is specifically quoting you is unnecessary. Simply reading most any of your posts reveals the truth of what I said.

Do you not see how many here are refuting what you're saying? You simply do not display any understanding of the Christian walk in Christ in Spirit and the need to be dealing with, battling against, overcoming sin in our walk in Spirit in Christ, based upon what Jesus Christ has done for us and enabled us to do in Him as we walk in Spirit.

I say this with an intent to be helpful, for now, but you really should get an accurate grasp on Scripture like 1 John 1:6-10 and pay close attention to verses 6, 8 & 10. In the context of this letter, it's vividly clear that John is talking to fellow believers about having the fellowship with God that he and others have. And part of this fellowship is confessing sins to God, which is part of the walk in the light in which the blood of Christ cleanses us from sins. It's all there in just a few verses.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I know is specifically quoting you is unnecessary.

#2.

Liars insinuate and make false accusations..... which is why they never post quotes.

Grow up, GDL.
You're on a Christian forum.
Behave as if you understand this reality.

Upvote 0