Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I dont believe you.
Why?
Because i've noticed that your posts have no CROSS in them.
False accusations are not a funny sort of "sola scriptura" response

In Rom 6:1-14 we see the cross of Christ, the Gospel and victory over sin in a single chapter.

You don't address the texts I quote - and say you do so because you find fault with them not specifically referencing the cross. You have free will of course and can ignore all the scripture you like. I am not challenging your ability to accuse others, condemn or to avoid any texts that you wish.
No Blood Atonement.
No "Grace through Faith".
No "Imputed righteousness"
No Paul's Doctrine

hmmm.... when I do a search for "atoning sacrifice" posted by "BobRyan" I get over 22 pages of results at 20 posts per page so then over 890 posts and that includes numerous ones this month and last month and they are consistent going back to 2008. That's looks like it is more than all the posts you even have so far. That means you could not have done more had you put that atoning sacrifice content in every single one of the 550 posts you have made so far (instead of making so many false accusation posts for example). clearly you are in over your head at this point. Why keep going down that road??

IS this point even a tiny bit confusing for you so far?

At what point do you lose interest in false statements , false accusations, and turn to facts?

No wonder that when I quote Paul you ignore the scripture entirely.

Were we simply "not supposed to notice"???

You're playing a game with yourself BobRyan, inside your own head.

Im not here for games.
I appears that this is exactly why you are here.

Ignoring every fact posted in the texts that you respond to - is 'a game' and all can see it being played.

Please be serious ... instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Excellent.
You posted a verse that has the word "Cross" in it.
I knew you could.

Now, here is that Cross explained.

"all have sinned'.

Heaven has no sin in it. So, How does a SINNER< go to heaven?

A.) The CROSS of Christ

Accept no Substitute

Like these..

1. Commandments
2. Water Baptism
3. Law
4. Self Effort
5. Trying to be like Christ

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sinning and Confessing, is related to this verse.

Hebrews 6:1

Its literally a symptom of not having a "renewed mind".

The renewed mind, Romans 12:2 is simply to understand the Grace of God, and to exist in it, by understanding that God only and always sees you (the born again) as a "new Creation" "in Christ".
Having that mind is to have the same perspective as God.
Not having that mind will keep you here....

"that which i would do i can't, and that which i hate, i do".

If you are there, then you are not trusting in Christ to keep you saved, and you are trying to keep law and commandments to try to go to heaven.

That is to be "Fallen from Grace".

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I dont believe you.
Why?
Because i've noticed that your posts have no CROSS in them.

In Rom 6:1-14 we see the cross of Christ, the Gospel and victory over sin in a single chapter.

You don't address the texts I quote - and say you do so because you find fault with them not specifically referencing the cross. You have free will of course and can ignore all the scripture you like. I am not challenging your ability to accuse others, condemn or to avoid any texts that you wish.
No Blood Atonement.
No "Grace through Faith".
No "Imputed righteousness"
No Paul's Doctrine

hmmm.... when I do a search for "atoning sacrifice" posted by "BobRyan" I get over 22 pages of results at 20 posts per page so then over 890 posts and that includes numerous ones this month and last month and they are consistent going back to 2008. That's looks like it is more than all the posts you even have so far. That means you could not have done more had you put that atoning sacrifice content in every single one of the 550 posts you have made so far (instead of making so many false accusation posts for example). clearly you are in over your head at this point. Why keep going down that road??

IS this point even a tiny bit confusing for you so far?

At what point do you lose interest in false statements , false accusations, and turn to facts?

No wonder that when I quote Paul you ignore the scripture entirely.

Were we simply "not supposed to notice"???

Excellent.
You posted a verse that has the word "Cross" in it.
I knew you could.

hmmm... seriously?? You knew that since 2008 I have posted more than 880 posts specifically speaking of the "Atoning Sacrifice" that Christ made on the cross 'for OUR sins and not for our sins only but for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2 -- including numerous ones of them this month and last month - and STILL you made the false accusations above?

Do you hear what you are saying???

Did you suppose that "Pauline teaching" was leading you down that road of ignoring NT scripture and then making false accusations??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You knew that since 2008 I have posted more than 880 posts specifically speaking of the "Atoning Sacrifice" that Christ made on the cross 'for OUR sins and not for our sins only but for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD"

Yet, on my Threads that are all about the Cross and the eternal effect of it, you have no Cross to offer.
Had you, i would not have pointed you out......and now that i did, you needed to go back in time and try to prove what can't be proven, based on MY THREADS that are all about the CROSS, and how you have offended them, all.

Think on that.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
hmmm... seriously?? You knew that since 2008 I have posted more than 880 posts specifically speaking of the "Atoning Sacrifice" that Christ made on the cross 'for OUR sins and not for our sins only but for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2 -- including numerous ones of them this month and last month - and STILL you made the false accusations above?

Do you hear what you are saying???

Did you suppose that "Pauline teaching" was leading you down that road of ignoring NT scripture and then making false accusations??
Yet, on my Threads that are all about the Cross and the eternal effect of it, you have no Cross to offer.

hmmm because in your mind the following is not a reference to the cross??

"posts specifically speaking of the "Atoning Sacrifice" that Christ made on the cross 'for OUR sins and not for our sins only but for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2 -- including numerous ones of them this month and last month"​

Do you hear what you are saying?

You can't fix your problem of falsely accusing others by adding more false accusations. It does not work that way.

edit - adding this quote 6:44 pm 20230326

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can't fix your problem of falsely accusing others

That you are being dishonest, does not surprise me, at all.

See, there are about 50 of your posts, on my Threads, and one has "CROSS" in it.???? or did you go back and edit a few in, by now?

Congrats.......God is impressed.
Are you?
And like i told you....you can go back and edit that word into your Threads., vs, trying to dig out a Thread from over a decade ago to prove what isn't the reality now, according to your last 200 Posts...obo.

Im just being real.
Im sure you can understand my point, as honestly matters.
See, i dont have to dig back into my long ago history here, to prove my Threads are about the Cross.
But you do, you did.
See the issue?
Take good look at that, BobRyan.

Now listen.
You told me a few posts back that you are playing "games", so, why dont you go and post a Thread of your own, and you can play games there.

And, Isn't it time you contacted a Mod friend to save you?
i suspect that'll be your only defense, at this point.
See you there.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That you are being dishonest, does not surprise me, at all.
Adding more false accusations to the many I have proven to be false in my posts -- does not "Solve" the problem you are creating for yourself so far.

How is this the least bit confusing for you??
See, there are about 50 of your posts, on my Threads, and one has "CROSS" in it.???? or did you go back and edit a few in, by now?
The over 880 posts that I have on this board go far beyond my very few posts on your threads and your claim to have read 500 of my posts looking for a reference of the atonement of Christ - would go far beyond the tiny few posts I have on your threads as well.

I think we both know that.
Congrats.......God is impressed.
Are you?
And like i told you....you can go back and edit that word into your Threads.
If I edit something the date of the edit shows on the posts. Those 880 posts were not tied to the tiny bit of posting here and don't have today's date.

False accusations piled on top of false accusation - is not "a solution"
, vs, trying to dig out a Thread from over a decade ago to prove what isn't the reality now, according to your last 200 Posts...obo.
The "Atoning sacrifice" posts go all through those years including this month and last month and they still have their old dates so ... no.. no updates other than your thread today or yesterday to clarify this point.

Are you hoping that more false accusations will help??

Are you going to claim that Pauline doctrine leads you to doing this??

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Now listen.
You told me a few posts back that you are playing "games",
correction I yold you - that YOU are playing games including "textless posts games". I simply made some textless posts - you know... "like you do" fairly consistently.

But once again -- you have spun this into yet another "false accusation"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cassian

Sep 1, 2015
✟121,082.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You didnt actually read my Thread very carefully, Cassian.
In fact if you read all my Threads, im always posting this verse.
Check it out.

2 Corinthians 5:19

and this one....>>"God has made Jesus to be sin for us'....

and this one.

"Jesus is the one time eternal sacrifice for sin".
I read your thread. You have no understanding of the atonement, what Christ accomplished by that atonement. Your use of II
Cor 5:19 is not scriptural. II Cor 5:19 is addressing Christ's reconciling the world back to God. That has nothing to do directly with believers. Every human being, including the world was reconciled.
You are correct that Christ was a one time eternal sacrifice for sin but it was for all sin for all mankind. Christ is now our High Priest. What does a High Priest do. He is using that sacrifice to forgive the sins of those who confess their sins.
Your whole theory that believers are sin free because they were born again is nonsense.
There is no support for such a theory in scripture. It is purely your assertions.
You also do not understand the difference between the Law of Works and the Law of Faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read your thread. You have no understanding of the atonement, what Christ accomplished by that atonement

When you accuse, you need to post a quote of mine, otherwise you are being dishonest.

So, the "atonement" is the blood Atonement...its the Cross of Christ, its the Gospel of the Grace of God.....its : John 14:6.
Its the BLOOD of Jesus, as "without the shedding of blood there is no remission, no forgiveness, of sin".
Its Jesus saying to you "if you do not believe im the Messiah, you will die in your sin" , Cassian.
"Jesus is the one time eternal sacrifice for sin".....is the NEW Covenant, is the "Atonement".
The Cross of Christ is where a sinner find's Grace and mercy and "God made Jesus to become sin".

The Atonement is not"

Water baptism
Works
Law
Commandment
Self effort
Trying to be like Christ
Church Attendance

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are correct that Christ was a one time eternal sacrifice for sin but it was for all sin for all mankind. Christ is now our High Priest. What does a High Priest do. He is using that sacrifice to forgive the sins of those who confess their sins.
Amen to that. 1 John 2:2 makes that case about His one time atoning sacrifice - for our sins and not for our sins only but for the sins of the whole world" --

Even though at the end Christ says it is only "the few" of Matt 7 that are saved even among those professing to be His people saying to Him "Lord Lord did we not..."

Upvote 0

Cassian

Sep 1, 2015
✟121,082.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When you accuse, you need to post a quote of mine, otherwise you are being dishonest.

So, the "atonement" is the blood Atonement...its the Cross of Christ, its the Gospel of the Grace of God.....its : John 14:6.
Its the BLOOD of Jesus, as "without the shedding of blood there is no remission, no forgiveness, of sin".
Its Jesus saying to you "if you do not believe im the Messiah, you will die in your sin" , Cassian.
"Jesus is the one time eternal sacrifice for sin".....is the NEW Covenant, is the "Atonement".
The Cross of Christ is where a sinner find's Grace and mercy and "God made Jesus to become sin".

The Atonement is not"

Water baptism
Works
Law
Commandment
Self effort
Trying to be like Christ
Church Attendance
Your treatment of II Cor 5:19 has not changed. You need quotes, here is one from post 13,

"So, that is all the born again, and im not going to deny it, for the sake of Calvin, Law, or commandments.
God has made us RIGHTEOUS< based on the Cross and i will tell everyone who has an ear, on a forum or in a group all over this world."
This is true but it applies to all men, So based on your other statements every human being has been born again. You don't seem to use scripture regarding when one actually is "born again" either.
Regarding I John 3:9. does not mean what you think it means either. It would be absurd to think it means that a believer does not sin at all which is your implication. It has always meant that a believer does not continue to sin, we try to improve on our bad habits, becoming more like Christ, who is our example. Believers sin much, so much so that Paul made the claim that he was the chief of sinners.
Repentance and confession is a mainstay of any believer living with a fallen nature, in a fallen world and Satan feverishly trying to woo us into sin.
Our personal salvation is NOT self effort. Our salvation is synergistic, a mutual working relationship. You have much to learn yet, keep studying scripture.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your treatment of II Cor 5:19 has not changed. You need quotes, here is one from post 13,

"So, that is all the born again, and im not going to deny it

1. God was in Christ , = Reconciling the World to Himself....not counting their sins againt them.
"the WORLD" is not the born again, Cassian.

And the verse says """we are to minister (to preach, teach) this word of reconciliation".

I hope you can understand one day that if the "world" was all born again in that verse, as someone has falsely led you to believe, then there would be no need for the "word of reconciliation" to be preached., as there is no need to tell the born again about the Cross, as their "reconcilation".

But you do tell the "world" as that word means... the sinners, the lost.

Upvote 0

Cassian

Sep 1, 2015
✟121,082.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
  1. God was in Christ , = Reconciling the World to Himself....not counting their sins againt them.
"the WORLD" is not the born again, Cassian.

And the verse says """we are to minister (to preach, teach) this word of reconciliation".

I hope you can understand one day that if the "world" was all born again in that verse, as someone has falsely led you to believe, then there would be no need for the "word of reconciliation" to be preached., as there is no need to tell the born again about the Cross, as their "reconcilation".

But you do tell the "world" as that word means... the sinners, the lost.
You are the one that is making the claim as far as I can understand your view. Maybe you need to further clarify what you actually mean regarding your whole view rather than snips of it. Why do you even include II Cor 5:19 if it does not apply to believers specifically. For, example when are persons born again? You seem to dismiss most of the NT which is addressed to believers. You have a very strange theory but there are a lot of them around.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you even include II Cor 5:19 if it does not apply to believers specifically.

Have you ever heard this term by Paul....>"The Gospel of the Grace of God"?

That mean"s "the preaching of the Cross", to the WORLD.

And that preaching describes, .... the effect of the Cross for the World.

That is : 2 Corinthians 5:19

"God was in Christ"......That is Jesus the God man.

"Not counting sins against the world"...... That is the Cross of Christ......where Jesus is dying for the sin of the world.

And that Blood and DEATH which Christ provided for the world on the CROSS....= is HOW God reconciles the WORLD to Himself.......Thats the Preaching of the Cross, that is the "Gospel of the GRACE of God".

= I just shared it..... i just shared the message of reconciliation.

Upvote 0

Cassian

Sep 1, 2015
✟121,082.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever heard this term by Paul....>"The Gospel of the Grace of God"?

That mean"s "the preaching of the Cross", to the WORLD.

And that preaching describes, .... the effect of the Cross for the World.

That is : 2 Corinthians 5:19

"God was in Christ"......That is Jesus the God man.

"Not counting sins against the world"...... That is the Cross of Christ......where Jesus is dying for the sin of the world.

And that Blood and DEATH which Christ provided for the world on the CROSS....= is HOW God reconciles the WORLD to Himself.......Thats the Preaching of the Cross, that is the "Gospel of the GRACE of God".

= I just shared it..... i just shared the message of reconciliation.
You are confusing what Christ did and man's response to what Christ did.
Christ reconciled the world, making it right with God. What did He do? He defeated death thus giving His creation an eternal existence again. He also provided a sacrifice for sin.
Believers are NOT reconciling the world. We believe that Christ reconciled the world, but our work of reconciliation spoken of in vs 20 is each person reconciling himself to God by faith/repentance/baptism and obedience.
The whole purpose of Christ reconciling the world, bringing it back to the state it was at creation. This recapitulation/reconciling takes place when He comes again. God created man to be in union with Him for an eternity Adam failed in his vocation and required Christ to bring it back.
It is also why baptism is essential because it signifies entrance into Christ's Kingdom and the regeneration of ones relationship with Christ, as well as the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,030.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If a person is born again, then 1 John 1:9 is not for you.
Sure it is.
We know that we have been, are and will be, forgiven - but we are not perfect in thought, word and deed 24/7.
If someone does not confess when they sin, they are living in 1 John 1:8.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Believers are NOT reconciling the world.

Do you own a bible?

Then if you read 2 Corinthians 5:19, you are told that this verse is the MESSAGE of reconciliation.

What is that message? Its the Gospel.

"God was in Christ, on the Cross dying for the sin of the World, and having done so, the born again are to share this redemption Gospel".

= the message of reconcilation.

Its John 3:16-17, Cassian.

Its the same as 2 Corinthians 5:19

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure it is.

Not possible.

See, "God made Jesus to become sin"....... Jesus is the one time ETERNAL sacrifice for sin".

Sin, is found in the "old man that is crucified with Christ".
To be crucified is to be DEAD.

"The body is dead because of sin"...

"He that is DEAD is freed from Sin"

The born again don't confess what is dead. , Strong in Him.

Paul told you to "reckon your old man to be DEAD"..
You are not doing that. You are describing it as alive, and that is the wrong mind. That is the carnal mind, that is opposition to what Jesus has "finished" on the Cross.

Upvote 0