What would you like to know about Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well, I am probably not your target audience..... but.....

I was a missionary in Siberia around twelve years ago (was there twice for three-month stints - encouraging and helping the long-termers and doing street-outreaches in the summer-time with a team. Our church in the US planted two churches in Siberia, one in Mongolia, and one in Uzbekistan.

Some time after I left, I heard from a reliable source that our little church was beginning to suffer some persecution (after Yeltsin was deposed, of course - I loved Yeltsin - long story....). Cossacks rode into the building where we were meeting on horseback (former Dom Pionierov (hard to spell Russian with English letters, lol).)!! Have you seen this kind of thing happen? Our church was even "registered" with the government - from our point of view, all the t's were crossed and i's dotted - it just seems like bullying to me.....

bless you
tal / "Katya Karichnovaya" <<LOL

Upvote 0

Kalashnikova

Oct 7, 2005
Moscow, Russia
✟435.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
talitha said:
Well, I am probably not your target audience..... but.....

I was a missionary in Siberia around twelve years ago (was there twice for three-month stints - encouraging and helping the long-termers and doing street-outreaches in the summer-time with a team. Our church in the US planted two churches in Siberia, one in Mongolia, and one in Uzbekistan.

Some time after I left, I heard from a reliable source that our little church was beginning to suffer some persecution (after Yeltsin was deposed, of course - I loved Yeltsin - long story....). Cossacks rode into the building where we were meeting on horseback (former Dom Pionierov (hard to spell Russian with English letters, lol).)!! Have you seen this kind of thing happen? Our church was even "registered" with the government - from our point of view, all the t's were crossed and i's dotted - it just seems like bullying to me.....

bless you
tal / "Katya Karichnovaya" <<LOL
Yes, I've heard of attack like that. I'm really glad that you wrote to me. Would you like to be pen pals? I'd like to hear your advice on doing missionary work in Russa.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.