The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Jesus did not abolish the law, John 5:17-20 so we are to still obey the law. What changed is that Jesus died to atone for all our sins so that when we fall short and sin, we are not condemned for it. In this sense we are not under the law.

Now what needs to be acknowledge is that just because Jesus forgives all our sins, it does not give us a license to sin as much as we want. So while we were once unrepentant sinners, Jesus taught us to repent of our sins and to leave our life of sins, John 8:11. Paul also taught such.

Now as to judging or associating with sinners we need to understand there are two classes of sinners, saved and unsaved. Jesus certainly taught us to reach out to the sinners in the world, so this must include all places where one may have a chance of receiving and repenting, coming to Christ. Those that wish to come into the Church but not repent of their sin or make any kind of attempt at avoiding their sin should be cast out as Paul taught though.

1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”​

Some inside the church are sinning by association, because preaching repentance to the unsaved sinners is not their primary concern, rather friendship and passing time is all that matters to them.

The actions of the saved sinners is becoming divisive in the Church as they continue to invite unsaved pigs into the Church, thereby corrupting her in the long run. We are witnessing the falling away from the faith, which is highly suggestive of this infiltration by the devisive actions of some saved sinners.

In conclusion, these saved sinners as Paul said should be pushed out and if they are clergy or bishops, then they should be sacked.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Its easy to respect each others differences, but all too often those things cause division and strife, which are works of the flesh.
Division due to someone wanting to kill others who don't agree with their view... will never change.

That is not the works of the flesh.

Did Christ not have division with the "religious" so called experts at the time?

Other division, due to one person or group of persons not respecting the freedom of another.... that is the work of the flesh.

This world will never be free of division. Some of this division is righteous division as the conflict will arise from us being in this world but not of this world.

Attempting for unity with all..... that is a slippery slope.

Upvote 0

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Some inside the church are sinning by association, because preaching repentance to the unsaved sinners is not their primary concern, rather friendship and passing time is all that matters to them.

The actions of the saved sinners is becoming divisive in the Church as they continue to invite unsaved pigs into the Church, thereby corrupting her in the long run. We are witnessing the falling away from the faith, which is highly suggestive of this infiltration by the devisive actions of some saved sinners.

In conclusion, these saved sinners as Paul said should be pushed out and if they are clergy or bishops, then they should be sacked.

We are all saved sinners. Or did you alone not need a savior?
God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

The Bible is enormously clear that repeated correction that is met with quarreling is counter productive.

If you want Jesus to be a museum for “self righteous” people that think their sin doesn’t stink... and, yeah... I know you sin too... but Jesus knows best... you haven’t read scripture closely enough or been honest with yourself... about... yourself.

Jesus is Unmerited favor. Grace hinges on forgiveness to our fellow human being.

Who is your brother? I’ll give you a hint that you reject...

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

(All Humanity)

But... hey... You’re too righteous for me. I’ll spare you the issue of you spouting self righteousness and being met with a pesky reminder that you’re just as in need of Jesus as all other sinners that you turn your nose up at and split by doing so.

You go ahead and claim to be like Jesus... (Isaiah 14:14)

Reactions: jax5434
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Division due to someone wanting to kill others who don't agree with their view... will never change.

That is not the works of the flesh.

Did Christ not have division with the "religious" so called experts at the time?

Other division, due to one person or group of persons not respecting the freedom of another.... that is the work of the flesh.

This world will never be free of division. Some of this division is righteous division as the conflict will arise from us being in this world but not of this world.

Attempting for unity with all..... that is a slippery slope.
The apostle paul said that factions and dissension are works of the flesh. Galatians 5

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you be willing to give up any divisive theology, for the sake of unity?

Yes we have division but thats because we have heresy within the body. If that heresy were not present we would have unity. Thus i ask the question what would you give up for unity?
Well, which is it, divisive theology or heresy? Or do you see them as one and the same?

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, which is it, divisive theology or heresy? Or do you see them as one and the same?

I’ll bite on this. Devisive theology can overinflate use of the word Herresy. You have a point.

For me... I keep it at simple...

Jesus died for all (Hebrews 2:9)

All are thus my brethren (1 John 4:8)

Grace is my only hope (Ephesians 2:8)

I must Love all humanity, despite differences and issues, because Jesus taught me to do so in all scripture... especially all the writings of John.

Only God is “Good” because He said so...

Claiming to Be as righteous as God is bad (Isaiah 14:14)

I count all aside from this herresy, but apply forgiveness to those that deviate from it.

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why the rules? Are you wanting to shut down debate?

I’ll bite here too. I’m not sure what rules have to do with this discussion.

I will say that the term “straw man” is a “straw man” in and of itself.

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why the rules? Are you wanting to shut down debate?
Rehashing alleged grievances does not foster debate. I’ll deviates from it. Besides, I would not want to see anyone unintentionally run afoul of the rules to which we all agreed.

Now then, would you be so kind as to provide those examples?

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes we have division but thats because we have heresy within the body. If that heresy were not present we would have unity. Thus i ask the question what would you give up for unity?

Is it really that straightforward? As I read it the implication is that there is a group that has it right, the ‘right’ set of biblical doctrines, and if the other churches would give up their heretical ideas, those the first group doesn’t agree with, then there would be unity? Is that what you mean, or have I misunderstood?

I would suggest that the lack of unity in the Christian world has more to do with an unwillingness to agree to disagree on areas where there is some debate, namely doctrines or practices that are not included in the nicene creed and are not self evidently sinful, in direct and indisputable contradiction of scripture, and worship together despite those differences. However, that’s in theory, in practice is a different matter. I for example am baffled by the teachings and practices of some mainstream churches and can’t see myself being a member of one of them. That doesn’t mean I can’t experience unity with a Christian who is a member of one of those churches, by unity meaning a sharing of common beliefs that can be held despite disagreements on how those are manifested.

Last edited:
Upvote 0