Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It does not say to refrain from eating meat completely. That being said studies have shown that eating a lot of meat can contribute to bad health:

It says only in extreme cold and famine would be OK to eat meat

Upvote 0

Christian Apologist

Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2019
Vancouver Washington
Visit site
✟155,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can make a type of weak tea out of barley.

Or did you not know that?

Either way, it pretty much nukes the argument behind your little picture there.

Do you offer this tea in Utah, and what label is it under ?

Upvote 0

Christian Apologist

Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2019
Vancouver Washington
Visit site
✟155,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why are you specifically asking me about this?

I don't even live in Utah, thankyouverymuch.

Is that tea found in your area ?

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Is that tea found in your area ?

You can make it yourself at home.

You know that, right?

https://www.google.com/search?q=bar...2.69i57j0l5.4128j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

By Google, it's one tablespoon of barley kernels for every 2 cups of water.

Most of the links below the recipe suggest it's of Korean origin, but apparently it's somewhat popular in Japan as well. Either way, it's noted for being milder than even green tea and having virtually no caffeine.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
It says only in extreme cold and famine would be OK to eat meat
(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 89:12 - 13)

12 Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;
13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.

Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think it is best to understand other faiths and religions to do as they will. I am no judge at all and to judge others is absolutely ridiculous in my way of thinking. None of us know each others' paths, nor do we know what is in their hearts. Love is accepting all of stuff maybe we don't agree with, and love is always true, loving everyone and understanding. While sometimes to disagree, here, we should understand we are God's children and maybe perhaps act accordingly.

All good things
Emmy

• Friendly
Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

RichardY

Holotheist. Whig. Monarchical Modalism.
Apr 11, 2019
Spalding
✟16,984.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does the first commandment make any difference?

Exodus 20:2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

Sola1517

Saint-in-Progress (Looking for a Church)
Jun 27, 2016
Don't ask
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Someone would have to prove to me that smoking cigarettes is good for a person's health.
:eyes: That's right, cause the Bible says smoking sends you to hell. Right? The two are obviously related, cause Jesus said tobacco is satanic. That's the whole point of the Gospel, to be healthy. o_O

Sorry if this is blunt, but it says nowhere in the Bible that smoking tobacco is abominable. On the contrary, Proverbs 31:6 & 1 Timothy 5:23. 1 Corinthians 6:12.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I think it is best to understand other faiths and religions to do as they will. I am no judge at all and to judge others is absolutely ridiculous in my way of thinking. None of us know each others' paths, nor do we know what is in their hearts. Love is accepting all of stuff maybe we don't agree with, and love is always true, loving everyone and understanding. While sometimes to disagree, here, we should understand we are God's children and maybe perhaps act accordingly.

All good things
Emmy

I think you are unaware of certain lies that need to be exposed. Exposing facts is not judging people.

John 7:24 NIV
Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.

God bless.

• Agree
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
There are "Good Christian" types - including people here on CF - whose "salvation" efforts consist of spamming message forums with canned anti-Mormon material, proclaiming their superiority because they believe in the "correct" form of Christianity, and getting furious with people because they don't just blindly accept everything at face value.

If you were on the receiving end of something like this, how would you feel?

Still awaiting an answer on this one, BTW.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
I think you are unaware of certain lies that need to be exposed. Exposing facts is not judging people.

John 7:24 NIV
Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.

God bless.

The problem comes when, as I noted earlier in the thread, we get people who are more determined to be "right" than to be correct.

I've literally seen people declare that their belief is the "correct" belief and so they win by default anyway no matter how weak or even hateful their arguments are.

That's now how things are supposed to work.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
:eyes: That's right, cause the Bible says smoking sends you to hell. Right? The two are obviously related, cause Jesus said tobacco is satanic. That's the whole point of the Gospel, to be healthy. o_O

Sorry if this is blunt, but it says nowhere in the Bible that smoking tobacco is abominable. On the contrary, Proverbs 31:6 & 1 Timothy 5:23. 1 Corinthians 6:12.
Back in Christ's time wine could either be grape juice or strong drink according to my Bible.

However, I don't believe that smoking or drinking will send a person to Hell

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟675,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are "Good Christian" types - including people here on CF - whose "salvation" efforts consist of spamming message forums with canned anti-Mormon material, proclaiming their superiority because they believe in the "correct" form of Christianity, and getting furious with people because they don't just blindly accept everything at face value.

If you were on the receiving end of something like this, how would you feel?

Christians do that to other Christians of other denominations too. Many Christians consider other Christians heretics. Most everyone qualifies as someone elses idea of a heretic.

Every been to Kirtland, OH? That's an important Mormon site, no? I grew up in a neighboring town.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Christians do that to other Christians of other denominations too. Many Christians consider other Christians heretics. Most everyone qualifies as someone elses idea of a heretic.

Every been to Kirtland, OH? That's an important Mormon site, no? I grew up in a neighboring town.

Spinal condition.

I start having issues if I have to sit in one spot for more than 2 hours at a time, rather limiting my travel radius.

At the 3 hour mark, I have trouble getting back up, let alone walking and standing.

I just don't get to do a lot of traveling period these days.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Spinal condition.

I start having issues if I have to sit in one spot for more than 2 hours at a time, rather limiting my travel radius.

At the 3 hour mark, I have trouble getting back up, let alone walking and standing.

I am sorry to hear that. I suppose there is google earth, I've spent some time there.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Spinal condition.

My condolences! I have degenerative discs in back and neck---been in a wheel chair for 10 years---bummer. I don't drive anymore so sold my husbands truck. I am at the mercy of friends for travel other than medical appts. I have insurance that covers free trips for that. Golden years my foot!

Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would it take for you to abandon Mormonism?
I'm not a Mormon.

But I would think that any thinking Mormon would look at the simple gospel (what it takes to get to Heaven as opposed to Hell) as seen before Mormonism came on the scene and using only the scriptures without the Mormon related revelations.

Then compare what it takes in Mormonism with it's extra revelations to that.

That's all it would take.

Any intelligent person would run from Mormonism like a scalded cat.

Upvote 0