• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured LDS What would it take?

Discussion in 'Debate Other Religions & Faiths' started by drstevej, May 17, 2019.

1. drstevej

drstevej Light Attracts Bugs Staff Member Chaplain Supporter

+23,665
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    What would it take for you to abandon Mormonism?

[EX: For me to abandon Christianity it would be conclusive proof Jesus was not resurrected]

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Danielwright2311

Danielwright2311 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,314
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    There is no proof in the world to convince me Jesus did not die, was raised from the dead, and was put at the right hand of the father.

The devil has his tricks and a fast hand, but that is not proof.

So does man kind, but to god, all are liars.

3. Aspzan

Aspzan Well-Known Member Supporter

+487
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Hebrews 11:1 King James Version

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

4. drstevej

+23,665
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    This thread is for Mormons to reply and for us to debate them. The resurrection was an illustration.

THIS is the TOPIC:

What would it take for you to abandon Mormonism?

5. Tigger45

Tigger45 St. Nicholas Planas Supporter

+7,891
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Good question, subscribing.

6. He is the way

He is the way Well-Known Member

+109
    United States
    Mormon
    Married
    Someone would have to prove to me that smoking cigarettes is good for a person's health.

7. Ironhold

Ironhold Member

+1,194
    Mormon
    Single
    So long as we remain on the receiving end of people who are doing Satan's work in God's name,

So long as there are "Good Christians" who care more about being "right" than being correct,

You're just wasting your time by asking this question.

In fact, right now here on CF we've got people who are trying to "save" us without actually caring about the truth or us as human beings. That just tells people "Yeah, they don't have anything to offer us."

8. Aspzan

Aspzan Well-Known Member Supporter

+487
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    ah, sorry!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. drstevej

+23,665
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Interesting. Many ex- Mormons leave Momonism and continue to affirm that smoking is bad for a person's health. Why would this be an issue for you?

10. drstevej

+23,665
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Not me. I can't save you. I care about truth and I care about you as a human being. So am I doing Satan's work by pointing out Mormon error and pointing to biblical truth? I am fulfilling the Great Commission ... that is not Satan's work at all.

11. Ironhold

Ironhold Member

+1,194
    Mormon
    Single
    There are "Good Christian" types - including people here on CF - whose "salvation" efforts consist of spamming message forums with canned anti-Mormon material, proclaiming their superiority because they believe in the "correct" form of Christianity, and getting furious with people because they don't just blindly accept everything at face value.

If you were on the receiving end of something like this, how would you feel?

12. Ironhold

Ironhold Member

+1,194
    Mormon
    Single
    I think you missed his point.

13. drstevej

+23,665
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Then help us out, What was his point. By the way, visit the LDS Temple in BR and I'll buy your lunch and we can talk. We don't even have to talk theology.

14. Ironhold

Ironhold Member

+1,194
    Mormon
    Single
    "It's impossible to prove that smoking is healthy, just like it's impossible to convince me to leave the faith."

15. drstevej

+23,665
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. Shall we do lunch?

16. He is the way

+109
    United States
    Mormon
    Married
    Members of The Church Of Jesus Christ were taught that smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages are bad for a person's health by a revelation given to Joseph Smith. He received this revelation as a result of a comment from his wife Emma. So if smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages can be proven healthy then I would have a good reason to leave.

17. Christian Apologist

Christian Apologist Member Supporter

+84
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Republican
    The Word of Wisdom tells us eating meat is detrimental to ones health, are you a vegan ? Or do you pick and choose what to follow ?

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  18. Christian Apologist

Christian Apologist Member Supporter

+84
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    US-Republican
    Barley WOW.jpg

19. He is the way

+109
    United States
    Mormon
    Married
    It does not say to refrain from eating meat completely. That being said studies have shown that eating a lot of meat can contribute to bad health:

20. He is the way

+109
    United States
    Mormon
    Married
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List