What Will The Earth Be Like During The 1000 Years Millennium?

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will the Saints [Christian Believers] be in heaven or earth with our glorified bodies during this time?

Are these following verses describing what the earth will be like after the second coming of Christ, desolate for the 1000 years? Or should we associate Jeremiah 4:23-26 with Genesis 1:2 and 2 Peter 3:5-6?

Isaiah 13:13 ...'Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.'

Isaiah 24:1...'Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upsidedown, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.'

Jeremiah 4:23-26...'I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.'

Jeremiah 25:33...'And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.'

Could Jeremiah 4:23-26 be speaking of a pre-Adamic civilization was here on earth of men only before Adam and Eve...and the earth became without form after the rebellion of Lucifer and one-third of the angels?

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Will the Saints [Christian Believers] be in heaven or earth with our glorified bodies during this time?

Are these following verses describing what the earth will be like after the second coming of Christ, desolate for the 1000 years? Or should we associate Jeremiah 4:23-26 with Genesis 1:2 and 2 Peter 3:5-6?

Isaiah 13:13 ...'Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.'

Isaiah 24:1...'Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upsidedown, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.'

Jeremiah 4:23-26...'I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.'

Jeremiah 25:33...'And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.'

Could Jeremiah 4:23-26 be speaking of a pre-Adamic civilization was here on earth of men only before Adam and Eve...and the earth became without form after the rebellion of Lucifer and one-third of the angels?

Since a literal millennium isn't really orthodox, I suggest looking out the window.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Philpy1976

May 3, 2013
England
✟16,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since a literal millennium isn't really orthodox, I suggest looking out the window.

So a time in which there is more evil on this planet than at any other time in history (some might argue the days of Noah were equal or worse) fits your interpretation of the millennium in which satan is bound and powerless?

Hmmm

Reactions: HisSparkPlug
Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The verses you quoted are speaking about the state of the earth after the second coming. You have in essence answered your own question :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
I believe that Messiah will return on the High Holy-Day of Yom Teruah, imprison Satan, and establish His 1,000 reign in His earthly kingdom on Earth. The righteous will be brought back to dwell in His kingdom, and will serve as priests in His restored Temple. Other nations will still exist at that time, and many will make pilgrimage to Jerusalem to learn about and worship the King of Kings.

Satan will then be loosed again at the end of the 1,000 years, for a final temptation of the nations of the earth. He is successful enough to convince them to fight against Messiah with a massive army, but they will be destroyed with fire from Heaven. Satan will then be eternally confined to the Lake of Fire, and then comes the final Judgment before YHVH on the High Holy-Day of Yom Kippur for all mankind.

Then the new heaven and new earth will arrive within which death shall be destroyed. There will be no Temple in the Eternal Kingdom, because YHVH Himself will be the ever-present Temple. This is the final rest for the righteous, foreshadowed by the High Holy-Day of Shemini Atzeret.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by PaladinValer
:thumbsup:
So a time in which there is more evil on this planet than at any other time in history (some might argue the days of Noah were equal or worse) fits your interpretation of the millennium in which satan is bound and powerless?

Hmmm
Percentage wise, there was just as much evil on the planet when Jesus came to Israel, including the Judean rulers of the Temple in the 1st century.;)

Luke 21:24 And they shall be falling to mouth of sword and they shall be being led captive into all the nations.
And Jerusalem shall be being trodden by nations until which may be being filled times of nations.
[Reve 11:2/13:10]

Reve 13:10 If any to-captivity, into captivity is going away.
If any in sword to be killed, is binding him in sword to be killed. Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints.
[Luke 21:24]

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The Destruction Of JERUSALEM
An Absolute and Irresistible
PROOF OF THE DIVINE ORIGIN OF
CHRISTIANITY:

*snip*

Of the Jews destroyed during the siege, Josephus reckons not less than ONE MILLION AND ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND, to which must be added, above TWO-HUNDRED AND THIRTY-SEVEN THOUSAND who perished in other places, and innumerable multitudes who were swept away by famine, and pestilence, and of which no calculation could be made. Not less than two thousand laid violent hands upon themselves.
Of the captives the whole was about NINETY-SEVEN THOUSAND.

Of the Two great leaders of the Jews, who had both been made prisoners, John was doomed to a dungeon for life ; while Simon, together with John, in triumph at Rome was scourged, and put to death as a malefactor.........

Upvote 0