Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you want to know why you should wear a mask and why it helps, watch.

TLDW - Masks cut down on how many viruses get out of your body, as well as cut down on how many get in. Lower viral load from this helps you get less sick if you do catch COVID.

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Less virus entering means less sick? Hardly, it just means a slower growth time.

More like the immune system gets more time to recognize and attack the virus, thus fewer symptoms and time being sick.

Masks are to protect others rather than self. A concept man has always had trouble with.

Yup, that is why I shared this.

But nice ad.

It is hard not to have ads in youtube videos these days. The creaters needs a way to make money.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I dunno... it sounds like masks may have a lot more people asymptomatic instead of minor symptoms which would actually make for more people infected and not knowing it without being tested. To put it short masking could INCREASE the spread of the virus by this logic instead of slowing it. People with more symptoms are possibly more likely to get tested and isolate themselves those with minor to no symptoms may ignore the virus and go on infecting others without knowing it.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I dunno... it sounds like masks may have a lot more people asymptomatic instead of minor symptoms which would actually make for more people infected and not knowing it without being tested. To put it short masking could INCREASE the spread of the virus by this logic instead of slowing it. People with more symptoms are possibly more likely to get tested and isolate themselves those with minor to no symptoms may ignore the virus and go on infecting others without knowing it.
Interesting speculation. Is there any clinical basis for it? Wearing a mask would render an asymptomatic person less contagious.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That fellow in the video is a perfect example of a zombied-sheeple. He is scared of being around people, the government has done their job well. He is as controllable as a toy remote car.
And you are scared of some nebulous government conspiracy. You are as a controllable as a toy remote car.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, it is not binary. You don't just get it from one COVID virus, it can take a large viral load to get sick.

And it might be better to have minor systems rather than the nasty stuff later, and the health consequences later. This virus is no joke.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That fellow in the video is a perfect example of a zombied-sheeple. He is scared of being around people, the government has done their job well. He is as controllable as a toy remote car.
If you have seen people sick with this, you would be scared too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
More like the immune system gets more time to recognize and attack the virus, thus fewer symptoms and time being sick.
With enough dead viruses around the immune system should have no problem doing that.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Interesting speculation. Is there any clinical basis for it? Wearing a mask would render an asymptomatic person less contagious.
If it does it must not do that much otherwise we wouldn't be seeing spiking infection rates all over the place where masks are still mandated but declining rates.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If it does it must not do that much otherwise we wouldn't be seeing spiking infection rates all over the place where masks are still mandated but declining rates.
Masks are not 100% and don't replace social distancing.

Also, you are assuming that everyone is wearing masks whenever they go out. That is not happening all the time everywhere. I can't tell you the number of times I saw someone without a mask in towns far away from home.

And then there are people that have 'little' gathering and take the masks off. It is one of the leading ways it is spreading.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With enough dead viruses around the immune system should have no problem doing that.
Interestingly enough, when I got my flu shot the doc said that it is a good idea to get it since our immune systems are getting 'lazy' from not having new viruses to fight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And then there are people that have 'little' gathering and take the masks off. It is one of the leading ways it is spreading.
Yes, 10 people gathered and one removes mask then 9 others become at risk. Viruses are more prone to enter through eyes than nose or ear so it is logical one removed mask endangers all. It's like that pastor that pee'd on the lady. Left behind the mask he only would have wet himself.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

People that blindly follow 3,000 year old bronze age writings all because it's the dominant metanarrative in a particular culture would be better off not throwing around the accusation that people that actually take science-based public policies seriously are "sheeple".

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Masks are not 100% and don't replace social distancing.

Also, you are assuming that everyone is wearing masks whenever they go out. That is not happening all the time everywhere. I can't tell you the number of times I saw someone without a mask in towns far away from home.

If you say so, the problem with masks is they are like a filter and they filter what is in the air going IN and OUT and you breathe through that dirty filter. If people are shedding the virus and it either is captured by your mask our you "help" capture it by sucking air contaminated by the virus into/through your mask and the virus is now contained int he mask each time you breath in and out the virus is again having a go at you and being again blown into the air to infect others. I consider masks like an aircraft carrier for the virus instead in the middle of an ocean of air. If the virus doesn't find a mask then it has to either land on a face and infect someone right then but if not then it may be on your face but you aren't blowing it off your face by normal breathing at others. A person who is infected can build up massive amounts of the virus in a mask and sneeze or cough and blast out a huge amount of it instead of a small gradual stream of it.
There is a lot people don't consider about masks they just buy into the "experts".
If someone could be slightly infected and build up immunity a mask could either stop that chance or increase the chance to infect them more depending on how much virus the mask either traps/stops.

Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0