Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suppose I should give ESV more chance, I have looked at it at some point in the past. It is getting so much support here.

I appreciate finding the church I attend using the version of the Bible I bring along if it does. But as I can follow along with another version being read, as the translation is not too different, I don't need the one I bring to be the same version. In fact doing this I think helped me weed out versions I brought that would read a little too differently for my comfort. A consensus of reputable translations is good. And I have checked some other versions a little bit against those reputable ones with such good consensus. Ultimately I have looked at a Greek English Interlinear New Testament for some authority on some passages.

I will suspect this means taking any three consecutive letters not including the first or last letters. It would not come out anywhere like the same if the first E, and the middle G, and then the last G, were taken out. But thanks for this bit of entertainment. :)

Yes definitely the ESV is helpful for a reason and is a vital source of information that is easier to understand in modern language. Also Naexx is having a bible study if you would like to review basic concepts.

Reactions: FredVB
Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which ever one is easier for you to understand.
They all talk about the king James, but honestly, I don’t speak like that. I was not taught to speak like that and I don’t want to speak like that.
I use N I V simply because I understand it better
I agree NIV is an important tool that helps me to interpret words in English while still reviewing basic concepts. Also Naexx is having a bible study if you would like to join.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I started with the ESV because it was easy for me to understand. I have slipped into the KJV without even trying but whenever I get hung up on a verse that I don't understand, I pull out the ESV version to get a little clarity. This is very base; I really ought to break it down in a word study but since I'm not normally that motivated, it's a great translation for comprehension. God bless!
Hi; I myself use the KJV; I do find it memorable. A lot of ppl I know do use the ESV.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi; I myself use the KJV; I do find it memorable. A lot of ppl I know do use the ESV.

We have three or four of those in the house.

Really enjoy the ESV Study Bible.
When we bought ours they give you a free online Study Bible and some other resources very nice.

M-Bob

Upvote 0