• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What turns me away #3

Discussion in 'Struggles by Non-Christians' started by primarymay, Nov 21, 2017.

1. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    I don't suffer from anguish anymore, that was more than a year ago. I put the concept of hell to bed, it's over, hell is unthinkable for me now.

2. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,162
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Start over with God.

You have some notions that I don’t believe are correct.

Why not just put everything you think you know about God in the rear
    View mirror and discover God again reading the Bible and learning theology

3. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    Why don't you let go and let god.

4. ToBeLoved

+4,162
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I gave advice I thought might be helpful.

5. Cheylynn

Cheylynn New Member

+16
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Sounds like you are looking for reasons to not believe and put your FAITH in Jesus Christ. Well dear soul, I'm afraid you will get what it is you go after.
    I will remind you that it is those who seek after Him, with a true heart of desire....and to these He will reveal Himself. Matthew 7:7-8 Matt 5:8. Hen 11:6
    Careful of the motive, for you remember the harsh words that were Given to Simon who was once a sorcerer and wanted the Power of God. Acts 13:9-11
    May God breathe upon you freshness so you will approach Him in joy

6. Phil 1:21

Phil 1:21 Well-Known Member

+1,985
    Christian
    Married
    Matthew 22:11-14

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

7. ToBeLoved

+4,162
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Your issue I think is you do not truly appreciate what God is offering you. Perfect love of a perfect God for all eternity.

Maybe you can only think as far ahead as tomorrow and next month. Some people have actually said they think they would be bored in heaven and don't want to go. They believe they have a very small God, but I know what God has in store for us is better than we could ever imagine.

8. Phil 1:21

Phil 1:21 Well-Known Member

+1,985
    Christian
    Married
    Sadly, they may get their wish.

9. com7fy8

com7fy8 Newbie Supporter

+1,650
    Christian
    Single
    This is not how I understand it. God is good, and specially blessed to be loving Him and sharing with Him. Hell is the other choice; it is not meant as a threat. This is not like how an abused child might show more affection to an abusive parent, than to a parent who does not abuse the child. God is so beautifully wonderful, and it is not possible to truly love Him unless He changes our nature to be loving. And then we love Him and we are able to tenderly share in love with others who are in God's love. But in a selfish nature . . . a person is smelly and nasty with stuff of Satan which must be kept in the flaming sewer; so don't be a sewer bucket of unforgiveness and frustration and pride and lusts and nasty angry reacting and bitterness and conceit which has people picking and choosing who they judge to be worth loving.

Jesus on the cross was not picking and choosing whom He loved; but Jesus has hope for any evil person, at all . . . including conceited ones who pick and choose who they want to use, and love those people. This is not how God wants us to love.

10. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    Smelly? Indeed, and how wonderful it is to know how much this god adores his own creation.

This is another reason I turn away.

11. Noxot

Noxot far away Supporter

+1,305
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    well bad smells is to some degree associated with the emotional system of disgust. to call evil filthy is a moral good. God does not automatically call us evil even though some parts of Christianity emphasize that a lot and it is certainly true sometimes.

12. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    Since our terminology of what's good or evil can be widely subjective, reducing people down to our misconceptions is a rotten way to do business.

13. Noxot

Noxot far away Supporter

+1,305
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    yeah and that is one reason why dialogue is important. seems impossible to not assume some things.

14. com7fy8

com7fy8 Newbie Supporter

+1,650
    Christian
    Single
    I do not mean that God's creation is smelly, but I mean how Satan's evil spirit is so foul, in its unforgiveness and pride and nasty anger and frustration and lusts. Our Apostle Paul says there is "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience," in Ephesians 2:2. And because humans live in this nasty stuff, they smell like what God did not create.

15. Hawkins

Hawkins Member Supporter

+100
    Christian
    Married
    We all know for a fact that black holes exist, however in the end this is only our belief. We believe so because there's no evidence ever presented to us. Faith is the human way of approaching a truth, you are educated to think otherwise though.

16. Hawkins

Hawkins Member Supporter

+100
    Christian
    Married
    You are comparing apples and oranges. God is a good Shepherd. He loves His sheep and thus sometimes He needs to destroy the wolves in order for the sheep to stay safe.