• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What turns me away #3

Discussion in 'Struggles by Non-Christians' started by primarymay, Nov 21, 2017.

1. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+10,264
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Others
    I don't believe in "love Jesus or go to hell", that's not something I believe, and it's not why I believe.

-CryptoLutheran

2. com7fy8

com7fy8 Newbie Supporter

+1,652
    Christian
    Single
    He is practical. And people reap so much more than they sow.

3. com7fy8

com7fy8 Newbie Supporter

+1,652
    Christian
    Single
    Jesus wept for Jerusalem. But there is vengeance and destruction for ones who go against God. So, it is wise not to be an enemy or stand in His way, if you don't like wrath and judgment; but making ourselves the judges of God will not work.

4. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    You heretic! Thinking like that will get you into trouble. There's no free thought in religion, that only leads to revolution.

5. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    I do not live under a bridge, and I do not eat children.

6. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    If Jesus died for nothing then why would there be a hell?

7. ~Anastasia~

~Anastasia~ † Servant of God † Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+9,886
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    We all get to choose what we will believe and what we will become. God grants us that dignity.

8. Dirk1540

Dirk1540 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,162
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Can't this be analogous to a straight arrow friendly neighborhood sheriff who greets people with a smile and helps old people across the street, but who cracks skulls when a heinous criminal wreaks havoc on his town? Of course the analogy will break down at some point, but the gist is there.

9. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    I condemn the character I've been presented with, it's not a nice picture.

10. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    The bible never teaches those things we disagree with, but only what we agree with. It seems the reason there are so many varied opinions on biblical doctrine, would be because each person interprets the bible in light of their own ethical world view.

11. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    Yes, then what do you take literally and what do you not take literally.

Who chooses?

12. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    I don't think that's entirely true, some thing's effect us that are out of our control.

13. ~Anastasia~

~Anastasia~ † Servant of God † Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+9,886
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    This is true.

But we do choose how we respond to them.

My reply was based on the fact that you seem to wish to cling to your misconceptions that offend you, and remain offended, when offered an answer to your original question?

That would represent a choice, if you do. Forgive me, of course I don't know you, or what has happened in your life, or what you really thiink. All I can do is attempt to give an answer to your question, which was a very valid one. It bothers me to see people struggle because of wrong teaching, when knowing the truth could solve their problems. But again, we all have the freedom to make choices regarding what we will believe.

Peace to you.

14. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    Belief doesn't get you to truth, if you know something absolutely true it no longer becomes something you believe.

15. War_Eagle

War_Eagle Member

+84
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    No. Christ's mercy is shown at the cross, not at judgment.

Which doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about.

If you had ever read the Bible, you would be.

16. War_Eagle

War_Eagle Member

+84
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    But you are trolling.

17. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,163
    Non-Denom
    Private
    We all need to pray that this poor guy spends 1/10th of the time finding out what the Bible actually says, instead of thinking of every Christian he's ever had a conversation with and struggling with God's character that he's probably never actually even spent 10 minutes reading about who God is in the Bible.

I think he needs to post actual verses prooving God's character flaws, in his mind.

18. AservantofGodandthelordJC

AservantofGodandthelordJC New Member

+7
    United States
    Pantheist
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Faith is required as a step toward the truth, in fact believing in disbelief is the same as belief because it isn't true. If you even have beliefs or disbelief then you do not know what the truth is yet. No belief should be held as true until it is undoubtedly so.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  19. primarymay

primarymay Member

+13
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    I agree, it takes a leap of faith to get to the truth. But once you have the truth it no longer requires belief. Why keep believing if you know the truth?

20. AservantofGodandthelordJC

AservantofGodandthelordJC New Member

+7
    United States
    Pantheist
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    If you knew the truth you wouldn't have need for belief anymore. If you're talking about me, nothing I share is a belief unless specifically stated. I am aware of the truth but I am not in the truth, if that makes sense. Just like how you feel religious people are insane, I feel that way about everyone because only the truth is sane. Absolute forgiveness of everyone for everything without the tiniest shred of judgement is reality. That's why you forgive, because it is sane, it is true.

" 'I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
    I have set my heart on your laws.' (Psalm 119:30)"

" 'God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.' (John 4:24)"

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017