Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My source is the Bible, historical documents, and the results of archological research, if any. We must not forget about the Holy Spirit, which can point to some forgotten facts.

So, how were the conclusions from the link I posted NOT based on the Bible, Historical documents and Archeological research?

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

ProtectionET

Acting architect
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
✟29,433.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, how were the conclusions from the link I posted NOT based on the Bible, Historical documents and Archeological research?
Where in the Bible it is said that the "star of Remphan" worn by Jews in the Desert was hexagonal, made up of two equilateral triangles, and in general that it was a material and not a spiritual image that the Jews had in their hearts when they likened God to the Egyptian Moloch?

Where is the evidence given there that the "seal of Solomon" really existed, if it is known only from Jewish tales?

Where are the real Egyptian frescoes depicting a six-pointed star?

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Some Christian interpretations of Ezekiel's temple are:
1. it is the temple that Zerubbabel should have built;
2. a literal temple to be rebuilt during the millennial reign of Christ,
3. a temple which is symbolic of the worship of God by the Christian church today,
4. or a symbol of the future and eternal reign of God.

It's a puzzle to me. Such a detailed description - like an architects plans. My guess is that number 1 is most likely: it is the temple that Zerubbabel should have built. There are problems with number 2: Isaiah states that God does not want animal sacrifice - so that would apply to any future as well, unless we want to accept dispensationalism, and I don't - that would mean that Isaiah was mistaken, and the atonement of Jesus is invalid - I don't believe that.
There's also the problem that I don't believe in a millennial reign of Christ.
Option three doesn't seem likely - why would it be a symbol of worship? What's it got to do with Christian worship - a naff idea, in my opinion.
Option 4 is the same as option 3.

It shouldn't be a puzzle because it was never built. Ezekiel 43:10-12 makes that clear. They never repented.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It shouldn't be a puzzle because it was never built. Ezekiel 43:10-12 makes that clear. They never repented.
But we Christians have become the people of God and it will be us, from every race, nation and language, who will build the new Temple; to the glory of God. Revelation 7:9 shows all of the faithful Christians, soon after they all gather in all of the holy Land, when the Sixth Seal disaster clears all that area.

Greetings, Ebed; don't hear from you much. I note you still have very fixed beliefs.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But we Christians have become the people of God and it will be us, from every race, nation and language, who will build the new Temple; to the glory of God. Revelation 7:9 shows all of the faithful Christians, soon after they all gather in all of the holy Land, when the Sixth Seal disaster clears all that area.

Are these people on earth or in heaven?

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Rev 7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
Rev 7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Upvote 0

ProtectionET

Acting architect
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
✟29,433.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Rev 7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
Rev 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
Rev 7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
These people are in heaven (in the Kingdom of Heaven), but physically they are on the planet Earth, in the material world.
"Heaven" is a synonym for "Heavenly Kingdom", or "God's Kingdom." Those people between whom the laws of God's Kingdom operate (love, peace, joy in the Holy Spirit) live in heaven.
The images used in Revelation:
"heaven", "living in heaven" - these are people who do not live in religion (not according to the religious rules of their denominations), but in the Holy Spirit;
"earth", "living on earth" - these are people who live in denominations of religion, relying on the rules and traditions of their denominations;
"the sea" - this world, worldly, unbelieving people who live as they want, "swim" in the world like a fish in the water.

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where in the Bible it is said that the "star of Remphan" worn by Jews in the Desert was hexagonal, made up of two equilateral triangles, and in general that it was a material and not a spiritual image that the Jews had in their hearts when they likened God to the Egyptian Moloch?

It is found in Same chapter and verse where the Bible describes that hexagonal star, made up of two equilateral triangles, is Biblically, rightfully to be called the star of David, sanctioned by Jehovah Himself.
I'm certain you know what verse that is.

Where is the evidence given there that the "seal of Solomon" really existed, if it is known only from Jewish tales?
Actually, its origins are from Islamic tales mostly, but the verifiable historical fact is that the Jewish Star of David found on the Israeli Flag (and that you have co-opted for the roof of your Comic Book Super -Temple) was first co-opted from those tales and not from any revelation of Yahweh (as you seem to want):

The hexagram or "Star of David", which became a symbol of Judaism in the modern period and was placed on the flag of Israel in 1948, has its origins in 14th-century depictions of the Seal of Solomon. In 1354, King of Bohemia Charles IV prescribed for the Jews of Prague a red flag with both David's shield and Solomon's seal, while the red flag with which the Jews met King Matthias of Hungary in the 15th century showed two pentagrams with two golden stars.[7]
Schwandtner, Scriptores Rerum Hungaricarum, ii. 148. Facsimile in M. Friedmann, Seder Eliyahu Rabbah ve-Seder Eliyahu Ztṭa, Vienna, 1901

Where are the real Egyptian frescoes depicting a six-pointed star?

Real?
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-f2fbef981243a9e6971dfb73427ffc33.webp

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These people are in heaven (in the Kingdom of Heaven), but physically they are on the planet Earth, in the material world.
"Heaven" is a synonym for "Heavenly Kingdom", or "God's Kingdom." Those people between whom the laws of God's Kingdom operate (love, peace, joy in the Holy Spirit) live in heaven.
The images used in Revelation:
"heaven", "living in heaven" - these are people who do not live in religion (not according to the religious rules of their denominations), but in the Holy Spirit;
"earth", "living on earth" - these are people who live in denominations of religion, relying on the rules and traditions of their denominations;
"the sea" - this world, worldly, unbelieving people who live as they want, "swim" in the world like a fish in the water.

The presence of angels, and elders, and four beasts, show this scene to be in heaven.

Upvote 0

ProtectionET

Acting architect
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
✟29,433.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The presence of angels, and elders, and four beasts, show this scene to be in heaven.
Or vice versa, the presence of God on earth.

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. (Revelation 3:9)

The Philadelphia church is equal to Jesus Christ, just as Jesus Christ is equal to God.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or vice versa, the presence of God on earth.

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. (Revelation 3:9)

The Philadelphia church is equal to Jesus Christ, just as Jesus Christ is equal to God.

The creator of the universe will not be found on this rotten, sin-cursed world.

However, He will be found in the New Heavens and the New Earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ProtectionET

Acting architect
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
✟29,433.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is found in Same chapter and verse where the Bible describes that hexagonal star, made up of two equilateral triangles, is Biblically, rightfully to be called the star of David, sanctioned by Jehovah Himself.
I'm certain you know what verse that is.
1. The Bible does not say how many vertices were in the "star of Remphan".
2. There was no physical "tabernacle of Moloch" among the Jews in the desert. They had a misconception about God, whom they represented like Moloch. Therefore, both the "star of Remphan" and the "tabernacle of Moloch" is a figurative description of the delusions of Jews who attributed the properties of Egyptian idols to the Lord God.

Actually, its origins are from Islamic tales mostly, but the verifiable historical fact is that the Jewish Star of David found on the Israeli Flag (and that you have co-opted for the roof of your Comic Book Super -Temple) was first co-opted from those tales and not from any revelation of Yahweh (as you seem to want):

The hexagram or "Star of David", which became a symbol of Judaism in the modern period and was placed on the flag of Israel in 1948, has its origins in 14th-century depictions of the Seal of Solomon. In 1354, King of Bohemia Charles IV prescribed for the Jews of Prague a red flag with both David's shield and Solomon's seal, while the red flag with which the Jews met King Matthias of Hungary in the 15th century showed two pentagrams with two golden stars.[7]
Schwandtner, Scriptores Rerum Hungaricarum, ii. 148. Facsimile in M. Friedmann, Seder Eliyahu Rabbah ve-Seder Eliyahu Ztṭa, Vienna, 1901

Jewish fairy tales do not identify the mythical "seal of Solomon" with "the star of Remphan."

I think it's a fake. In Russian Wikipedia, there is a lot of material about the history of David's star, but no one has given references to the Egyptian images. If this image is true, then the location of this fresco should be indicated, a reference to the relevant monographs recognized by the scientific community. There must be an Egyptologist comment.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It can not be said "will be rebuilt". This Temple has never existed on earth, this Temple differs from the First and Second Temples.

View attachment 230037
third_temple1080.png

As you can see, there are drawings and schemes of Ezekiel's Temple, the prophecy of Ezekiel can really be realized.

This Temple does not deny the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. On the contrary, all sacrifices in the future Temple will point to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, just as all the Old Testament sacrifices indicated the future sacrifice of Jesus Christ. But in the new Temple the order of sacrifice will be changed: there will be no more evening sacrifice (Jesus Christ died in the evening), there will be no more sacrifices of the Passover lambs. Obviously, the largest number of sacrifices in the Temple will be peaceful sacrifices.Visitors to the temple will eat the meat of these peaceful sacrifices, which will be cooked in the kitchens. Twenty-four refectory rooms for the Israelites, as well as four more refectory for the Levites, are located on the outer court of the Temple.

Especially it should be noted that the location of the Messianic Temple in accordance with the prophecy of Ezekiel is in the Judean Desert.

Probably, this Temple will be built during the Great Tribulation, and this will be the event that will serve as the cessation of the Great Tribulation. This Temple is the meeting place of the "elect from the four winds."

Those drawings are awesome and the video. However, the whole idea of a "peaceful" sacrifice seems odd to me. The whole point of the law was to be our tutor to lead us to Christ. It is a shadow of what Christ fulfilled and therefore no longer necessary. The temple that exists now exists in each believer 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Upvote 0

ProtectionET

Acting architect
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
✟29,433.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The creator of the universe will not be found on this rotten, sin-cursed world.

However, He will be found in the New Heavens and the New Earth.
"New Heaven" and "new earth" refers to the existing physical world. In the first chapter of Genesis, the creation of the spiritual world, and not the physical world, is described. This is a parable, an allegory.

And the book of Revelation describes the collapse of this former spiritual world and the creation of our new ideas about the sublime.

God will not destroy matter. It is enough to destroy sinners.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"New Heaven" and "new earth" refers to the existing physical world. In the first chapter of Genesis, the creation of the spiritual world, and not the physical world, is described. This is a parable, an allegory.

Then where is Christ at the present time?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The entire chapter of Revelation 7, is describing earthly scenes. The first 3 verses set the scene and there is no change of venue mentioned.
God's Throne can be seen from the earth if God wills it. Ezekiel 1:1, Acts 7:56

The people in verse 9, are all the Christians gathered and living in all of the holy Land. As many other prophesies tell us is God's Plan and our destiny.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Then where is Christ at the present time?
Jesus is with us now; spiritually. Matthew 28:20
Those drawings are awesome and the video. However, the whole idea of a "peaceful" sacrifice seems odd to me. The whole point of the law was to be our tutor to lead us to Christ. It is a shadow of what Christ fulfilled and therefore no longer necessary. The temple that exists now exists in each believer 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
Many prophesies make it plain that there will be a new Temple in Jerusalem. Jesus will Return to it.
But before that, as we are told there is coming a man who will attempt to rule the world, who will sit in it and declare himself to be god. 2 Thessalonians 2:4
This is plainly Biblical. Why deny it?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Many prophesies make it plain that there will be a new Temple in Jerusalem. Jesus will Return to it.
But before that, as we are told there is coming a man who will attempt to rule the world, who will sit in it and declare himself to be god. 2 Thessalonians 2:4

Many of the Reformers saw the Papacy as the fulfillment of that verse, because they understood that the Church is now the temple of God.

Christ corrected the woman at the well when she said earthly Jerusalem was the place of worship.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Because Paul denied it. The same "naos" spiritual temple throughout.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1 Corinthians 3:17
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ephesians 2:21
In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

2 Thessalonians 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm not denying anything. I am just having a hard time with the idea as I already mentioned about a "peaceful" sacrifice. Jesus said on the cross it is finished and therefore no longer needed for any sacrifice peaceful or otherwise. I don't particularly have a hard time with the concept of a temple in the future. i do have a problem with the idea of sacrifices being needed or started again.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Because Paul denied it. The same "naos" spiritual temple throughout.
I see that Paul uses 'naos' in 2 Thess 2:4 and also in Revelation 11:2, the Temple is also the Greek word 'naos'.
These two and all the references to the Temple in the Gospels, refer to a literal, physical Temple.
So there will again be a Temple in Jerusalem and the Lord's faithful people will worship God in it. Rev 11:1 states that quite plainly.

Upvote 0