Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not a problem to be reasonably confident in one's own judgment, as long as we are making every effort to yield to God's will and Word and be guided by His Spirit. Part of this is taking seriously the counsel/command to "esteem others better than ourselves," and adopt the assumption of Christ's, Himself, that "they know not what they do."

It would also be wise to bear in mind that the One who was most qualified to judge, is our Example in all things (save accepting worship of Himself and remitting sins), and Who will ultimately destroy the unrepentant, also just happens to be the One who was willing to and did die to pay for every sinner's probation (without mercy, men would, by default, drop dead upon committing their first offense).

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i know i can search it on google but i want to hear from you, different voices.
my 2 sisters don't condemn homosexuality, are they lukewarm?

I think often the approach regarding the topic could be better. Rather than jumping right out there and stating it is a sin (and it is) ... rather discuss sin in general and acknowledge that you or we ourselves sin and how the Lord helps us to overcome our sin.

That is ... one sin is not greater than another, so we are all "in the same boat" so to speak as far as sin goes and that the Lord will forgive any sin, and how He does this. (blasphemy of the Holy Spirit excluded)

Talk about your own sin and not theirs and how the love of God ... helps you overcome with that through His holy spirit.

1 John 5:16-17

If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him life—to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I do not say that one should pray for that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.

Matthew 12:31-32

Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Love isn’t conditional. I don’t get a media pass or any other. Most of it is meant to divide and enrage. I need to look beyond the natural and seek the heavenly perspective and solution.

You are welcome to take the course you believe is best. I’ve seen the fruit of the one I’m treading. Its filled with miracles, blessings and abundance. I will continue to live as I’m led.

I would not take the course that I think, but allow the Holy Spirit to lead. I think letting our emotions or what the world projects as "morally correct" is a snare. God's ways are not our ways. Again, I would not endorse casting personal judgement on any sinner, rather informing them on what the Bible says on a given topic and the consequences thereof. The fact that this topic is so taboo, even among Christians, speaks wonders of how the enemy is gaining ground in the world and especially in the church. I think if we are easily offended on issues such as homosexuality, the problem lies within us rather than the subject matter. God Bless.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In literal translation, one can learn the act of intercourse sodomy is a sexual sin.

Even regardless of whether done by same sex couples or traditional married male/female couples.

Either way: sin.

Being 'gay', 'gay marriage', etc. -- not the question, not the issue.

It's not temperament that is sin, here, but a wrong action.

A problem is happening in culture though where one person says 'homosexual' and another person hears it, and the 2 people do not have the same sense of what the word means.

One is thinking of the sexual sin, but the other thinks just being gay even if celibate is being condemned.

And that's not even the worst problem.

The even worse problem is that Paul explicitly instructed us not to judge the sins of the lost. We are not to judge them.

We are instead to tell them the Good News, without judging them. So that they might be saved.

We aren't the ones who save people. Christ, alone, is the One Who saves. Not us.

And there is perhaps an even worse problem yet(!)

Some few very judgemental people, disobeying Christ, actively condemn the lost who haven't even heard the gospel yet, preaching against 'homosexuality' and seeming to be busy judging others instead of humbly confessing their own sins, and telling the Good News of the Redeemer, thus making Christianity itself seem hypocritical and bad to the lost. This is a very deadly serious level of wrong doing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kris Jordan

Acts 4:12
May 1, 2019
Southern California
Visit site
✟46,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Lambofgod,

The Bible clearly teaches that homosexuality is sinful, either as an act or a lifestyle, because it goes against God’s original plan, design and created order. Throughout Scripture, there is not one instance of God approving or even condoning a sexual act between two people of the same gender, or blessing a marriage between two people of the same gender. The only marital union God ever established and ordained was that which exists between one man and one woman and the only sexual act He approves of and declares as blessed is that which takes place between a husband and his wife. These truths are declared consistently throughout Scripture, from the creation account, forward.

When God created Adam, there was no suitable helper found for him until He created Eve. When He made Eve and brought her to Adam, He united that man and woman in marriage, blessed their union as husband and wife, and told them to be fruitful and multiply. The intricate and intentional design of their physical bodies alone testifies of God’s design and intention for marriage, sex and procreation.

Additionally, people are not “born homosexual.” However, all people are born with a sinful nature, some having a greater vulnerability or susceptibility toward the sin of homosexuality as opposed to others who may struggle with tendencies to commit other sins such as violence, alcoholism, lying, stealing, etc. People give themselves to a homosexual lifestyle by an act of their own will, and only after hardening their heart toward God and His voice of conviction. By refusing to acknowledge their sin and humbly submit to God with a repentant heart, they instead choose to remain in their sinful state, repeatedly indulging the desires of their sinful nature. As they continue to resist the conviction of the Holy Spirit, adamantly determined to engage in their fleshly cravings, God eventually gives them fully over to their lustful desires and state. What results is a debased mind and a life of depravity, filled with all forms of ungodliness, wickedness, lust, and perversion (including homosexuality) perpetuated by deception, lies and a continued refusal to acknowledge the truth of God.

Perhaps the best illustration of God’s view of homosexuality can be found in His destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah (which were filled with those committing these lustful acts). Had homosexuality truly been an “alternative lifestyle” approved by God, those cities would not have been destroyed. In fact, the Bible says that if there were only ten righteous people found in those cities, God would have spared them. However, the fact that God brought sudden destruction upon those cities establishes homosexuality as an unrighteous and ungodly act and lifestyle.

BUT -- The good news is that the blood of Jesus was shed for all sin, including the sin of homosexuality. When a homosexual repents of their sinful lifestyle and turns their life over to Jesus to follow Him, they are forgiven and cleansed from all sin, and made a new creation in Christ.

Hope that helps clarify things for you (and hopefully your sisters). :)

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Hi Lambofgod,

The Bible clearly teaches that homosexuality is sinful, either as an act or a lifestyle, because it goes against God’s original plan, design and created order. Throughout Scripture, there is not one instance of God approving or even condoning a sexual act between two people of the same gender, or blessing a marriage between two people of the same gender. The only marital union God ever established and ordained was that which exists between one man and one woman and the only sexual act He approves of and declares as blessed is that which takes place between a husband and his wife. These truths are declared consistently throughout Scripture, from the creation account, forward.

When God created Adam, there was no suitable helper found for him until He created Eve. When He made Eve and brought her to Adam, He united that man and woman in marriage, blessed their union as husband and wife, and told them to be fruitful and multiply. The intricate and intentional design of their physical bodies alone testifies of God’s design and intention for marriage, sex and procreation.

Additionally, people are not “born homosexual.” However, all people are born with a sinful nature, some having a greater vulnerability or susceptibility toward the sin of homosexuality as opposed to others who may struggle with tendencies to commit other sins such as violence, alcoholism, lying, stealing, etc. People give themselves to a homosexual lifestyle by an act of their own will, and only after hardening their heart toward God and His voice of conviction. By refusing to acknowledge their sin and humbly submit to God with a repentant heart, they instead choose to remain in their sinful state, repeatedly indulging the desires of their sinful nature. As they continue to resist the conviction of the Holy Spirit, adamantly determined to engage in their fleshly cravings, God eventually gives them fully over to their lustful desires and state. What results is a debased mind and a life of depravity, filled with all forms of ungodliness, wickedness, lust, and perversion (including homosexuality) perpetuated by deception, lies and a continued refusal to acknowledge the truth of God.

Perhaps the best illustration of God’s view of homosexuality can be found in His destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah (which were filled with those committing these lustful acts). Had homosexuality truly been an “alternative lifestyle” approved by God, those cities would not have been destroyed. In fact, the Bible says that if there were only ten righteous people found in those cities, God would have spared them. However, the fact that God brought sudden destruction upon those cities establishes homosexuality as an unrighteous and ungodly act and lifestyle.

BUT -- The good news is that the blood of Jesus was shed for all sin, including the sin of homosexuality. When a homosexual repents of their sinful lifestyle and turns their life over to Jesus to follow Him, they are forgiven and cleansed from all sin, and made a new creation in Christ.

Hope that helps clarify things for you (and hopefully your sisters). :)
classic post. are my sisters lukewarm?

Upvote 0

Kris Jordan

Acts 4:12
May 1, 2019
Southern California
Visit site
✟46,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
can't you determine if homosexuals (if they keep being homosexual) are saved or not?

I don’t know anything about your sisters and there would be questions I would need to ask them to gain a complete understanding of where they’re at. So unfortunately, I cant give you my opinion on that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark51

Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2014
✟89,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible does not make particular attention to homosexuals-as a group-to be ostracized or hated by Christians. Christians are to hate the conduct. Moreover, it does not teach that God will punish homosexuals any differently from anyone who practices fornication. Fornication is any sexual acts out side of the marriage arrangement between a man and a woman.

The Scriptures offer no apologies, no concessions, or no ambiguity to fornication because they are all repulsive in God’s sight. Consequently, true Christians do not water down the Bible’s position on “disgraceful sexual appetites” merely to become more popular or more acceptable to modern cultures. Nor do they agree with any movement dedicated to the promotion of homosexuality-as well as any fornication-as a normal life-style.

Jesus did not particularly address homosexuality; however, he did declare that God’s Word is truth. (John 17:17) That means that he endorsed God’s view of homosexuality.

Compare: Genesis 18:20, 21; 19:5, 11; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26, 27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 1 Timothy 1:10; Jude 7.

Upvote 0

Esther Love

To God be The Glory!
Oct 25, 2019
Singapore
✟7,908.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would not take the course that I think, but allow the Holy Spirit to lead. I think letting our emotions or what the world projects as "morally correct" is a snare. God's ways are not our ways. Again, I would not endorse casting personal judgement on any sinner, rather informing them on what the Bible says on a given topic and the consequences thereof. The fact that this topic is so taboo, even among Christians, speaks wonders of how the enemy is gaining ground in the world and especially in the church. I think if we are easily offended on issues such as homosexuality, the problem lies within us rather than the subject matter. God Bless.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I think you have your answer on the sin issue. No need to discuss it further.

Are your sisters Luke warm or not? Well I don't know if any of us can answer that question directly. But I would say that if they do not trust the Word of God as ultimate truth then they are in trouble because they can be persuaded by any wind if doctrine. And if they don't trust the word, what do they trust? It's not up to me to say they are luke warm. But I can say if they trust or don't trust what God says.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Remember that homosexual lust and relationships are sinful, but the orientation itself is not. The orientation is simply determining who or what tempts a person. The sin isn't being tempted, but saying "yes" to the temptation.

If you want to talk to your sisters about this, make sure you're conveying that you know the difference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Are you aware that CF rules don’t permit both sides here?

land I certainly wouldn’t judge someone’s faith based on one opinion.

Upvote 0

Jonah55

Mar 30, 2018
Winnipeg
✟8,803.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In literal translation, one can learn the act of intercourse sodomy is a sexual sin.

Even regardless of whether done by same sex couples or traditional married male/female couples.

Either way: sin.

Being 'gay', 'gay marriage', etc. -- not the question, not the issue.

It's not temperament that is sin, here, but a wrong action.

A problem is happening in culture though where one person says 'homosexual' and another person hears it, and the 2 people do not have the same sense of what the word means.

One is thinking of the sexual sin, but the other thinks just being gay even if celibate is being condemned.

And that's not even the worst problem.

The even worse problem is that Paul explicitly instructed us not to judge the sins of the lost. We are not to judge them.

We are instead to tell them the Good News, without judging them. So that they might be saved.

We aren't the ones who save people. Christ, alone, is the One Who saves. Not us.

And there is perhaps an even worse problem yet(!)

Some few very judgemental people, disobeying Christ, actively condemn the lost who haven't even heard the gospel yet, preaching against 'homosexuality' and seeming to be busy judging others instead of humbly confessing their own sins, and telling the Good News of the Redeemer, thus making Christianity itself seem hypocritical and bad to the lost. This is a very deadly serious level of wrong doing.
It’s not the unsaved homosexual I have a problem with it’s the guy I know who is openly gay and a ordained minister. How can a denomination and an I divide so deceived? How do you respond to a fellow like this. His practise is readily acceptable to the public, I mean Christian public.

Upvote 0

Jonah55

Mar 30, 2018
Winnipeg
✟8,803.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s not the unsaved homosexual I have a problem with it’s the guy I know who is openly gay and a ordained minister. How can a denomination and an I divide so deceived? How do you respond to a fellow like this. His practise is readily acceptable to the public, I mean Christian public.
Correction: how can a denomination and an individual be so deceived.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The answer to why is fairly obvious: you have different approaches to Scripture. Homosexuality is not the only thing affected by this. I don't agree that he is deceived, but I know enough about traditional Protestantism to understand where you're coming from. How would you treat a friend who is Catholic, or following some other branch of Christianity that differs from yours in major ways? I don't think we can make that decision for you. I personally accept anyone with faith in Christ as their savior as a fellow Christian, even if I have serious disagreements with their theology. But I understand that other Christians don't agree.

Upvote 0