Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-using-civilian-flights-to-smuggle-arms-to-hezbollah-report/

I've noticed that with serious questions posed there are many good replies and comments made on this site.

This one seems to be a touchy one since Iran continues to be a supporter of bad actors around the world.

Sanctions appear to be tearing them apart?

My endodontist actually graduated from a dental college in Iran and I am led to believe that most of the people living in Iran want peace and prosperity but, that country seems to be led by the devil???

What part should the United States play in all of this as it seems things are not getting better and in time could get really worse????

Makes one wonder what would Iran do if they had a nuclear bomb or two or three or thirteen? ?????

I read someone say here on site a while back that Iran deserves to have the bomb just as much as we do and who are we to say who can and who cannot have the bomb?

Well we are a country that tries to protect the innocent ones in the world although at times it's hard to discern.

M-Bob

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe that the problem isn't with the Iranian people, but their regimes. The Shah may have been corrupt and tyrannical, but the Ayatollah's are staunchly Antisemitic. If they had a bomb they'd probably nuke Israel first. For decades Iran had been shadily supporting the Hezbollah and Hamas that threaten not just Israel but friendly Arab nations as well (https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/11330/iran-hamas-hezbollah). Economic sanctions seem to be working, so I'd say that the President should continue squeezing and let the Iranian people do the rest.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The US should begin a withdrawal from Afghanistan to ease pressure off of Iran.

I don't understand where Afghanistan is a threat to Iran? They can barely hold their own country together much less be fighting with or a threat to Iran?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand where Afghanistan is a threat to Iran? They can barely hold their own country together much less be fighting with or a threat to Iran?
M-Bob

Afghanistan isn't a threat to Iran. The US presence in Afghanistan is. We're seeing another "war of containment".

Upvote 0

Catholic Values Voter

Aug 27, 2018
Texas
✟2,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Israel is a threat to world peace and stability. The US should therefore do nothing about Iran. Besides, why should thousands of Americans die fighting a war against Iran, which would be to protect a nation (Israel) that the US has no interest in?

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
All "The Donald" need do is to have a highly publicized meeting with the Iranian leader and declare the problem resolved -we can all go merrily on our way safe in the knowledge that this President, in his infinite wisdom, has dealt with yet another contentious issue!

Upvote 0

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-using-civilian-flights-to-smuggle-arms-to-hezbollah-report/

I've noticed that with serious questions posed there are many good replies and comments made on this site.

This one seems to be a touchy one since Iran continues to be a supporter of bad actors around the world.

Sanctions appear to be tearing them apart?

My endodontist actually graduated from a dental college in Iran and I am led to believe that most of the people living in Iran want peace and prosperity but, that country seems to be led by the devil???

What part should the United States play in all of this as it seems things are not getting better and in time could get really worse????

Makes one wonder what would Iran do if they had a nuclear bomb or two or three or thirteen? ?????

I read someone say here on site a while back that Iran deserves to have the bomb just as much as we do and who are we to say who can and who cannot have the bomb?

Well we are a country that tries to protect the innocent ones in the world although at times it's hard to discern.

M-Bob

What the leaders of the United States ought to do with regard to Iran and American interests is the exact opposite of what is being done.

Until the past few decades, United States foreign policy was to drive wedges between Iran and its neighbor - Russia. When Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini rose to power, his authority should have been officially recognized welcomed and supported. Instead we made ourselves odious to Iranian religious leadership and drove them into the arms of the Bear. Big mistake.

Today they see us as enemies and we have done nothing to salve that wound. Quite the contrary we seem to do everything we can to aggravate the situation. Fools rule in Washington, DC.(*)

In a perfect world most everyone would live in peace, but that's not the kind of world we truly live in. Here, leaders are constantly seeking their own profit and power. Peace is impossible. When was the last time you heard national leaders call for peace, work for peace or inspire peaceful relations. Everyone is calling for war. When such calls go out, bloodshed is not far away.

The leaders of Iran are not led by the devil. Quite the contrary, one might wish American leadership was as wise as those of Iran or Russia instead of what we've got in front of us every night on the news.(*)

America is NOT a country that "tries to protect the innocent".

We are constantly killing them and destroying their property. Drone assassination (includes weddings hospitals and private unarmed persons), US financed mercenaries (the largest number any nation in history has ever put in the field), overt invasion without just cause and covert activities (yours truly has blood on his hands too) all break our own laws. This is evidence of unrestricted global aggression and unapologetic murder. The government of the United States is a criminal organization and is leading all our decent innocent people, including those who wear a uniform, into a situation where God's judgment upon us is overdue.

When it comes it will be terrible and irreversible. There will be no going back to the way things once were - no return to the land of previous days.

Some believe these judgments are already upon us.

I would not argue with any of them, because God is holding great wrath in abeyance for some terrible day in the not so distant future.

The time to repent of sin and make peace with God is now. It has always been so, but never more urgent than it is today.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) It is a proverb of the town that if anyone wants to go crazy they should move to Washington, DC where it will not be noticed. (Romans 1:22)

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What the leaders of the United States ought to do with regard to Iran and American interests is the exact opposite of what is being done.

Until the past few decades, United States foreign policy was to drive wedges between Iran and its neighbor - Russia. When Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini rose to power, his authority should have been officially recognized welcomed and supported. Instead we made ourselves odious to Iranian religious leadership and drove them into the arms of the Bear. Big mistake.

Today they see us as enemies and we have done nothing to salve that wound. Quite the contrary we seem to do everything we can to aggravate the situation. Fools rule in Washington, DC.(*)

In a perfect world most everyone would live in peace, but that's not the kind of world we truly live in. Here, leaders are constantly seeking their own profit and power. Peace is impossible. When was the last time you heard national leaders call for peace, work for peace or inspire peaceful relations. Everyone is calling for war. When such calls go out, bloodshed is not far away.

The leaders of Iran are not led by the devil. Quite the contrary, one might wish American leadership was as wise as those of Iran or Russia instead of what we've got in front of us every night on the news.(*)

America is NOT a country that "tries to protect the innocent".

We are constantly killing them and destroying their property. Drone assassination (includes weddings hospitals and private unarmed persons), US financed mercenaries (the largest number any nation in history has ever put in the field), overt invasion without just cause and covert activities (yours truly has blood on his hands too) all break our own laws. This is evidence of unrestricted global aggression and unapologetic murder. The government of the United States is a criminal organization and is leading all our decent innocent people, including those who wear a uniform, into a situation where God's judgment upon us is overdue.

When it comes it will be terrible and irreversible. There will be no going back to the way things once were - no return to the land of previous days.

Some believe these judgments are already upon us.

I would not argue with any of them, because God is holding great wrath in abeyance for some terrible day in the not so distant future.

The time to repent of sin and make peace with God is now. It has always been so, but never more urgent than it is today.

(*) It is a proverb of the town that if anyone wants to go crazy they should move to Washington, DC where it will not be noticed. (Romans 1:22)

I believe that radical Muslims no matter how much love you give them will always want to do away with us because, we do not practice their particular faith. Bottom line -- this is what they think and this is how they were raised.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe that radical Muslims no matter how much love you give them will always want to do away with us because, we do not practice their particular faith. Bottom line -- this is what they think and this is how they were raised.
M-Bob

"That's what happens when you use machine guns on them."
- Grace from AVATAR

While the above may appear to be a rather simplistic retort, it does carry some legitimate weight. Americans refuse to acknowledge our duplicity in Middle Eastern affairs. Remember, we are not there for truth liberty and whatever passes for right government in our eyes. We are there to steal their oil, manage the opium/drug trade, threaten and murder their innocents and above all to continue the justification of our own obscenely large military-industrial complex.

Our military has to have a reason to continue at the size it presently enjoys and to justify further expansion at the expense of our own citizens and the blood of our enemies (anyone who gets in our way). Our level of warfare is necessary to continue and expand our fascist police state. Without it, we'd be forced back into peace and freedom for our own countrymen. Such a situation simply isn't in the plan our leaders have for us. We are shackled to our military adventures and pawns of our own national gullibility and political blindness.

We have less to fear from foreign devils, however they present themselves, than we do of those who rule us at home.

There is nothing that now prevents further erosion of the few liberties that remain to us. Welcome to the new normal of corporate subservience and continued government collusion with them.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums