What Should Christians Do When There Are Sick...

greenguzzi

Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way
Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
I prayed for God to build me a new Bathroom......And He did, in a way only He would/could have. and I know I would still have my old bathroom today, had I not asked Him for the new one.

Is my method wrong and yours right? did my method fail while yours succeeded? nay, they both got the job done.

Therefore, let every man reach their goal by whatever means they have faith in, and not be hindered from going further than we have or trying things we have not yet had success in doing.
If you are talking about a literal bathroom, then I very much doubt that God actually built it for you. I don't doubt that Got could have organised your affairs so that it got built, but that's not the same thing.

Also health isn't the same as a bathroom. If it turns out that your faith isn't strong enough for the bathroom, then you don't have a bathroom - no big deal. But when it comes to health, we could be talking about life and death. Always pray, but if you have access to doctors, go to the doctor also.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are talking about a literal bathroom, then I very much doubt that God actually built it for you. I don't doubt that Got could have organised your affairs so that it got built, but that's not the same thing.
Yes a literal bathroom. And Im not talking about organizing affairs....Im talking about making it so, that after asking for the Bathroom, I had no choice but to accept it.....as if it was forced on me out of my will.....except it was brought to my attention after standing in it.....that it was exactly what I asked for., even though it came in an undesirable way..

Much like, sometimes when "bad" things come upon us....we think the world is against us......satan is attacking us.....yet if we stop to think things through.....we could just be getting what we asked for.....

Also health isn't the same as a bathroom. If it turns out that your faith isn't strong enough for the bathroom, then you don't have a bathroom - no big deal. But when it comes to health, we could be talking about life and death. Always pray, but if you have access to doctors, go to the doctor also.

I agree....Which is why I suggest continuing with Doctors if that is where your faith has been all your life. In the time of dire need and emotional stress, is not the time to start testing your faith....as your heart and mind are very important to your prayer life.

But for those willing to seek the Lord in Good times...as a child....I say, ask the Lord to "Teach us how to pray" And start by moving pebbles and gradually work your way up to mountains.... Then will we be able to truly ponder......."Is there anything too hard for God?" And Sickness can no longer have dominion over us.

Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way
Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Yes a literal bathroom. And Im not talking about organizing affairs....Im talking about making it so, that after asking for the Bathroom, I had no choice but to accept it.....as if it was forced on me out of my will.....except it was brought to my attention after standing in it.....that it was exactly what I asked for., even though it came in an undesirable way..
That sounds like a really interesting story. Please tell me more.

Much like, sometimes when "bad" things come upon us....we think the world is against us......satan is attacking us.....yet if we stop to think things through.....we could just be getting what we asked for.....
I love this, totally agree. Great insight.

Upvote 0