What should be a womans right in society?

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
With this thread I aim to lighten up areas around the world where there is problems, where there could still be work to do and what kind. Hopefully some leader reads it and gets a better understanding of what christians think.

Please also tell if You as a woman consider Your rights have been insufficient and where. Even the small complaints counts like the poor underaged female hairmodel that did have to change clothes in the walkway where both sexes walk by because the others took too much time in their private changingroom and there was no way to file a complaint about the matter.

1. Equal payments for exactly the same work seems right to me.
2. How about workchoice?
3. Is the law equal for men and women if they are in divorce, fighting over who gets to have custody over the children and sharing money and house and finding out who is to live where? Sometimes accusations of one spouse is being criminal or insane is filed by the other only to get power over the other.
4. Can a woman buy the same things as a man?
5. Should she travel alone or in group with other women or is it wiser if a strong person is present, Do they need legal weapons of some kind? There are a lot of weapons in a lot of countries, do we need them or do we harm ourself with them. No it´s not safe everywhere in America either. People should have a right to live, but not to kill. The bible says do not kill. If You kill You get punished.
6. Do women have the right to know if their husband has HIV? Can they demand a testing?
7. If the woman owns the car but the man drives it, they are married, can the woman sell it against the mans wish or can the man use a marital right to forbid the carsale because they are married?
8. Is it common that a woman inherit money from her father but her husband decides that she is to buy a car and the car is to be in His name, she is to pay to repair and updo the house and only He is to decide the materials.
9. Can a woman throw out the mans computer if she gets tired of having Him sitting there all the time (8 hours worktime + 4 hours sparetime )or is she considered a criminal then, insane or jeallous? Computer addiction exists among both sexes.
10. Can a woman chose to give birth any way she wishes in a hospital or close to one and be statistically just as safe or safer or does it have to be a medical birth in a clinical hospital and cost a lot of money?
11. Can a woman always in all situations of life be free to chose to use or stay away from using female hormones, "the pill", or even male hormones that exist in some medications. Should there be alternatives?
12. Can she refuse working as a witch or prostitute if that is legal business in the country without having to face loosing unemployment money, that is all livelihood.
13. Can a woman cry silently, mourning the loss of a dead child on a bus alone for four hours without anyone disturbing her and telling her to shut it and smile and put on a happy face?

Then there are those sinful, immodest areas in life and shadowy where christians really have an opinion already and it has been debated to pieces and gone nowhere, like abortion, circumsicion on women, gaymarriage, walking partially nude or nude in public, sex before or outside marriage, please we know that allready. Perhaps it need not be debated again.

What do You think needs to be said about womens rights

Last edited:

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Admirable but 100% no leader in the world will read this or even know that christianforums exists...
How do You know? Nowadays people can print, fax and send stuff all around the world, even to congress or radiochannels.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What does have to do with womens rights then? Not every woman wants live a sinful life but still face difficult situations in life. I saw a programme about a arab woman that became christian. Her husband is a arab leader, she was left to live but as divorced and does not get to see her grown up girls. She has at least one son too. The girls have been left to starve, locked in a room, the girls made a Youtube video. Their mother lives in England. A woman should have the right to eat and not starve when there is food in the house. What does or can anyone do but pray? As one girls said if the leader treats His daughters that way how do You think the rest treats their daughters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You know what, If I were famous world leader, I might pretend not being famous and register a common name on a profile. I would get quite upset and hurt about what some write about me, and find solace in other things. Somehow somedays, the one hurtful thing someone blurted out would stick to me more and I would think about it for two hours rather than the 100 praises I got. So it is a good thing that someone else are out there and be famous and I can write the praise. If I do not like them, maybe I should not say so. I think this arab leader is not teaching his girls a good lesson by starving them. He is probably suffering inside too, and I think it is time to feed the girls if they are still alive and ask His former wife and the daughters for forgiveness and let the grown up children have the freedom to visit their mother as much as they wish or move to whatever place they wish, so they feel free and loved by both their father and mother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many of the "rights" and legal questions you present have been established and settled in current U. S. law.

I am NOT A LAWYER, and this is not legal advice!

Of course, written law and applied law can be very different things, considering the discretion of officers, judges, juries, and appealate courts.

Complaints may be filed by any employee in any workplace in the U.S.; of course, this may require a lawyer to get the attention of the employer, and the employer may retaliate against the employee, despite laws to the contrary. In most states, an employee can be fired at any time, for any reason, or for no reason; this is called "at will" employment.
Morally, she needs to work somewhere else.

1. Equal pay for equal work? Of course!
(of course, seniority, education, experience, etc. count also)

2. Certain jobs dealing with toxic substances may restrict employment of women who are pregnant or may become pregnant, as a protection to the fetus. Usually, these are not high-paying jobs.

3. To my knowledge, laws covering divorce and criminal behavior are equal for men and women, but the two sexes are often treated differently. Women win custody of children far more often than men do, and an adult female having sex with a minor will be treated much more leniently than an adult man doing the same thing. I hate double standards of all kinds.

4. As far as I know, adult women can buy anything adult men can.

5. Legally, women's travel is no more restricted than men's. Weapons (including, but not limited to guns) are very much an individual choice, and their legality varies greatly from one state to another. All states allow self-defense, and most allow the use of deadly force if (and only if) the person reasonably believes that they (or someone else) is in immediate danger of death or great bodily harm. The Sixth Commandment, properly translated into modern English, says: "Do not murder". Murder is the intentional, malicious killing of another person. Properly applied self-defense is not murder.

6. I don't know about spousal testing for HIV, etc. It certainly should be a right if it isn't.

Legally, property rights of married couples involve "Community Property" laws (different in each state), and they can become quite complex. In practice, if a married couple needs legal intervention over property, they aren't going to stay married very long.

7. Rights and responsibilities pertaining to vehicles depend on legal ownership. If a woman (married or not) owns a car, she alone has the right to control its use, and to sell it and retain the money from it. Many times, married couples own cars, houses, bank accounts, etc. jointly, and the laws become more complex.

8. In all states I know about, money inherited by a married person remains their "separate property", and the spouse has no claim on it. This may be different in a few states.

9. If one spouse disposes of the property of the other spouse without permission, there are legal consequences. Usually, a spouse owns only a half-interest in the other's property, and often less than that. If this is really an issue, they are probably headed for divorce.

Morally, "the two shall become one". If a married couple doesn't or can't do that, then they aren't really married.

10. Having a statistically-safe birth is not a "right", it is a medical circumstance. Birth is a natural process, and a woman may give birth at home (or out in the woods, for that matter) if she wishes, but if something goes wrong, she and/or the baby face greater risks than if she were in a medical environment. She is legally free to make that choice; she will be responsible for any problems that result. Morally, her decision should be made with consideration of prenatal care and medical advice.

11. Adults of both sexes can refuse drugs or medical treatment unless they are deemed "mentally incompetent" by a court.
Morally, this is best. My mom refused extensive medical treatment when she was dying because she knew it would do no good.

12. "Working as a witch"? Do you mean working as a fortune teller or a medium?
If her employment is legal in that jurisdiction and she voluntarily quits, she probably won't get unemployment payments.
That's her decision, and I think it's the right thing to do.

13. People have the right to be left alone. In my experience, apathy is usually more of a problem than rude comments to "be happy". Of course, the best thing would be for people to listen to her and offer comfort and prayer - but mostly listen.
My mom lived in Chicago in the 1930s. She said "I could drop dead here on the sidewalk, and no one would care; they would just step over me".

This is all kind of legalistic, but hopefully helpful...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
12. Working as a Witch

A lot of work get announced at unemployment offices. Right before I started a business I met with a person at unemployment center and she said they had an acting job as a Witch it was short time, but then I asked would they have offered it to me if it was a real occult Witch (Medium, fortuneteller) they wanted too, yes of course she said. She also happily explained that I could risk loosing all unemployment money if I did not take it. A bit satiric I did feel and thought maybe I should take it and make a parody of it and get the organisation a bad reputation, but no it was not my piece of cake. I was successful of playing also demonparts before but that was within christian drama and who knew what the director wanted this time. So I explained that to her, some years later someone else at the office told me the person should not have pressed me like that.

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1. Do You in reality, statistically speaking get the same pay genderwise when You negotiate payment and measure how specialized, mature, organized, efficient and welleducated You are and then as well consider how many hours You spend on work, overwork, work from home plus how well You look and train that body and psyche...or not....and pray and go to church which is even more beneficial for Your workplace. You even have time with family and perhaps some friends.
Do You ever compare other countries to Your own in this debate or do You assume Your own is always best? We tend to do that before we have lived somewhere else. Suppose countries could learn the good things from each other? Or is every country best according to their own inhabitants? I don´t like Jeans but I would be a giant in China and would never fit in. However I do like orchids so the orchids move in with me. It is this womans right to have an orchid in her hair on our wedding anniversary, but I probably fix it and pluck it from the windowsill myself.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do You ever compare other countries to Your own in this debate or do You assume Your own is always best? We tend to do that before we have lived somewhere else. Suppose countries could learn the good things from each other? Or is every country best according to their own inhabitants?

I described "rights" (which are - or should be - universal) in terms of U.S. laws because I'm familiar with them and with the culture they integrate into.

I do not necessarily consider the U.S. perspectives to be the "best", but I also don't consider them inherently evil, bigoted, prejudiced or faulty (as is popular today). Every culture has its history and evolution, and is populated by humans, which fall far short of the glory of God.

Comparisons between countries can be very useful, and people should be open-minded, but most prefer what they are accustomed to.

Many of the rights I described above have evolved greatly in the last 100 years.
My parents lived through many of those changes.

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I suppose news twist things. We seldom see the happy inhabitant that goes out marching thanking for all the wonderful laws in sort of equal women rights, rights to vote, rights to freedom, choose a profession, etc. It is usually the protest marches we see around the world and conclude. So they are not happy there either.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does have to do with womens rights then? Not every woman wants live a sinful life but still face difficult situations in life. I saw a programme about a arab woman that became christian. Her husband is a arab leader, she was left to live but as divorced and does not get to see her grown up girls. She has at least one son too. The girls have been left to starve, locked in a room, the girls made a Youtube video. Their mother lives in England. A woman should have the right to eat and not starve when there is food in the house. What does or can anyone do but pray? As one girls said if the leader treats His daughters that way how do You think the rest treats their daughters.

And I have a male friend who was born to a Muslim family but converted to Christianity at age 14. His father chained him to a tree in the backyard and his mother attempted to poison him. But his brother--not realizing the food had been poisoned--attempted to get in on the mistreatment and ate the food himself.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe all men and women are created equal, and thusly should have equal rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And I have a male friend who was born to a Muslim family but converted to Christianity at age 14. His father chained him to a tree in the backyard and his mother attempted to poison him. But his brother--not realizing the food had been poisoned--attempted to get in on the mistreatment and ate the food himself.

Oh dear, this world is an insane and brutal place sometimes. Not only for women. I am really sorry for them.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A genius is someone who aims at a target no one else can see...and hits it!

I heard of a sleepwalking man over 100 years ago, who got rid of His rifle because of that reason. He only heard the target in His sleep, got the rifle and opened the window and shoot the poor cuckoo bird POOOFFF!!! and woke up and saw the dead bird. He got so terrified that He did not want to have the arms within reach, what if a child would have been sitting in a tree and sounding like a bird.

Upvote 0