US
✟1,099,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Your statement shows outside of the bible imagination that totally ignores what revealed is in the manna story. Instead of forcing a simplification by inventing a first day that ends in an "evening" when God wrote "morning", you should have trusted that God capped the end of the first day in a "morning".

This doesn't explain how Moses calculated when the day began, in the wilderness, every day, in relation to an IDL that didn't exist, nor clocks, nor geolocation devices.

As I pointed out before, the time interval between sunrise in Maiao Iti, and sunrise in Cairo, changes on a daily basis. You couldn't figure out when the sun rose in Maiao Iti with all of this technology at your fingertips; yet you would have me believe that Moses worked it out by doing a visual of the stars, then worked out the math, with a stick, in the sand, in the dark?

Please explain. I look forward to the creativity of your explanation.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Nope. Colossians 2:16 is to the "ceremonial shadow sabbaths" in the Feast days and other sabbaths of the old covenant

Some use this same verse to justify eating pork chops, with complete disregard for what YHWH says. Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling Paul a heretic. To the contrary, I believe that he was a Torah observant servant of YHWH; but that interpretation of what he said doesn't pass the Deuteronomy 13 test. It contradicts Yahshua when he said that nothing would pass from the Torah. If Paul was contradicting YHWH and Yahshua; I wouldn't hear him. He is not my Elohim. There is a reason why Peter said that Paul's letters are difficult to understand. If Peter, with all of his understanding, having walked with Yahshua, says that Paul's letters are difficult to understand; you can be sure that 2000 years removed from the culture, and a language barrier, PAUL'S letters are DIFFICULT to UNDERSTAND. When I have trouble understanding Paul; I go back to what Elohim said first.

YHWH said his Moedim are forever.

Yahshua said that it is easier for heaven and earth to pass than YHWH's Torah.

Paul kept YHWH's Moedim; and he taught his disciples to do so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Some use this same verse to justify eating pork chops, with complete disregard for what YHWH says. Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling Paul a heretic. To the contrary, I believe that he was a Torah observant servant of YHWH; but that interpretation of what he said doesn't pass the Deuteronomy 13 test. It contradicts Yahshua when he said that nothing would pass from the Torah. If Paul was contradicting YHWH and Yahshua; I wouldn't hear him. He is not my Elohim. There is a reason why Peter said that Paul's letters are difficult to understand. If Peter, with all of his understanding, having walked with Yahshua, says that Paul's letters are difficult to understand; you can be sure that 2000 years removed from the culture, and a language barrier, PAUL'S letters are DIFFICULT to UNDERSTAND. When I have trouble understanding Paul; I go back to what Elohim said first.

YHWH said his Moedim are forever.

Yahshua said that it is easier for heaven and earth to pass than YHWH's Torah.

Paul kept YHWH's Moedim; and he taught his disciples to do so.
As posted earlier Paul is quoting old testament scripture *Hosea 2:11; Ezekiel 45:17; Numbers 28:9; Isaiah 1:10-14. Colossians 2:16 is to the "ceremonial shadow sabbaths" in the Feast days and other sabbaths of the old covenant (e.g Leviticus 23:6-8; Leviticus 23:24-25; Leviticus 23:27-32; Leviticus 23:34-36; Leviticus 23:39; Leviticus 23:7-8; 21;24; 27; 35-36; Leviticus 25:2; Leviticus 25:9-54). The meat and drink offerings, the new moons are all linked to the annual Feasts and their sabbaths which are all linked together in the scripture context. These of course are not Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that is only linked to the "seventh day" of the week as a memorial of creation. The ceremonial shadow sabbaths were linked directly to the Feast days and pointed to things to come in the future. God's 4th commandment on the other hand points backwards to the finished work of creation *Genesis 2:1-3. That is why Gods' 4th commandment starts off. "REMEMBER" the sabbath day to keep it holy with v10 pointing backwards to the finished work of creation Genesis 2:1-3. None of God's laws are abolished. Many of the Mosaic "shadow laws" are fulfilled and continued in Christ based on better promises which the Lord pitched and not man *Hebrews 8:1-6; Hebrews 10:1-17.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
This doesn't explain how Moses calculated when the day began, in the wilderness, every day, in relation to an IDL that didn't exist, nor clocks, nor geolocation devices.
Brother, happy Sabbath. Moses did not have to calculate anything because God told Him what to do to keep the weekly manna-sabbath. The fact that they evidently changed how they observed the weekly sabbath from the taught morning to morning manna-sabbath to the current evening to evening shows that they did understand the sabbath is remembered in another time zone.
As I pointed out before, the time interval between sunrise in Maiao Iti, and sunrise in Cairo, changes on a daily basis. You couldn't figure out when the sun rose in Maiao Iti with all of this technology at your fingertips; yet you would have me believe that Moses worked it out by doing a visual of the stars, then worked out the math, with a stick, in the sand, in the dark? Please explain. I look forward to the creativity of your explanation.
My difficulty in determining the "morning" in other places is because I am not there to see the dew that covers the ground in the "morning" when the manna appeared. Moses did not calculate, he experienced what God told him when He gave them manna in the "morning". The "morning" for Moses was when dew covered the ground and the manna appeared and gathered was before the sun melted it.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was MORNING—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As posted earlier Paul is quoting old testament scripture *Hosea 2:11; Ezekiel 45:17; Numbers 28:9; Isaiah 1:10-14. Colossians 2:16 is to the "ceremonial shadow sabbaths" in the Feast days and other sabbaths of the old covenant (e.g Leviticus 23:6-8; Leviticus 23:24-25; Leviticus 23:27-32; Leviticus 23:34-36; Leviticus 23:39; Leviticus 23:7-8; 21;24; 27; 35-36; Leviticus 25:2; Leviticus 25:9-54). The meat and drink offerings, the new moons are all linked to the annual Feasts and their sabbaths which are all linked together in the scripture context. These of course are not Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that is only linked to the "seventh day" of the week as a memorial of creation. The ceremonial shadow sabbaths were linked directly to the Feast days and pointed to things to come in the future. God's 4th commandment on the other hand points backwards to the finished work of creation *Genesis 2:1-3. That is why Gods' 4th commandment starts off. "REMEMBER" the sabbath day to keep it holy with v10 pointing backwards to the finished work of creation Genesis 2:1-3. None of God's laws are abolished. Many of the Mosaic "shadow laws" are fulfilled and continued in Christ based on better promises which the Lord pitched and not man *Hebrews 8:1-6; Hebrews 10:1-17.

You're mistaken, my friend. All has not been fulfilled. To say that it has, is to contradict Yahshua.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Brother, happy Sabbath. Moses did not have to calculate anything because God told Him what to do to keep the weekly manna-sabbath.

There is no weekly manna sabbath. The seventh day sabbath is the seventh day sabbath. It's just that simple. No need to complicate it with bread and man made time zones.

You can't show me in scripture where YHWH told Moses to keep the sabbath by Eden time, nor where Moses went tent to tent, every day, and told everyone what time it was in Eden.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My difficulty in determining the "morning" in other places is because I am not there to see the dew that covers the ground in the "morning" when the manna appeared. Moses did not calculate, he experienced what God told him when He gave them manna in the "morning". The "morning" for Moses was when dew covered the ground and the manna appeared and gathered was before the sun melted it.

Sorry, when the dew covers the ground, before the sun melts the manna, is not a precise time. When the penalty for breaking the sabbath is death, being loose with the time is not an option.

"I didn't know that I was gathering firewood on the sabbath; because Moses didn't tell me that it was the sabbath; because I wasn't at my tent; because I was out gathering firewood," doesn't cut it as an excuse in the face of the death penalty.

Scripture doesn't say "don't gather firewood after Moses comes by your tent to tell when sabbath begins."

I estimate that roughly 1 million people were traveling with Moses.

Let's get real.

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟542,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You can't show me in scripture where YHWH told Moses to keep the sabbath by Eden time, nor where Moses went tent to tent, every day, and told everyone what time it was in Eden.
Brother, the truth of the Sabbath is not "milk" to understand easily, it is "solid food" for the diligent student of God's word who has grown beyond the "worldly" infants in Christ.

Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings? (1 Corinthians 3:1-4 NIV)​

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Brother, the truth of the Sabbath is not "milk" to understand easily, it is "solid food" for the diligent student of God's word who has grown beyond the "worldly" infants in Christ.

Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings? (1 Corinthians 3:1-4 NIV)​

Paul isn't talking about the sabbath here. As a matter of fact Paul doesn't mention the Sabbath in this entire letter. As a matter of fact, Paul didn't mention the Sabbath in his second letter to the Corinthians either. As a matter of fact, Paul only mentions the Sabbath once, in all of his letters.

Posting random scripture doesn't help to prove your assertion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If all hasn't been fulfilled (it hasn't) ; then all stands.
No, we are told what the shadows point to in the new covenant and who they are continued in. Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Eat not leaven bread as a little leaven leavens the whole lump. Eat instead the unleavened bread of the truth of Gods Word.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No we are told what the shadows point to in the new covenant.

Yahshua said that all of the law stands until all is fulfilled, after heaven and earth pass away.

Who told you otherwise; and why would you believe them over Yahshua?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yahshua said that all of the law stands until all is fulfilled, after heaven and earth pass away. Who told you otherwise; and why would you believe them over Yahshua?

No, I said all the law stands. Even the "shadow laws" that are fulfilled are continued in Christ based on better promises. God's Word tells me that Christs sacrifice for our sins is once and for all - No more animal sacrifices for sin offerings and a change in the Levitical Priesthood which the Lord ministers on our behalf in the Heavenly Sanctuary that the Lord pitched and not man of which the earthly was only a copy. Christ our Passover has already arrived and has been sacrificed for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No, I said all the law stands. Even the "shadow laws" that are fulfilled and continued in Christ based on better promises. God's Word tells me that Christs sacrifice for our sins is once and for all - No more animal sacrifices for sin offerings and a change in the Levitical Priesthood which the Lord ministers on our behalf in the Heavenly Sanctuary that the Lord pitched and not man. Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us.

I didn't mention sacrifices and sin offerings in reference to the shadows of things to come. Neither did Paul. Paul talked about food, drink, Moedim, New Moons, and Sabbaths.

We are not to let Ascetics judge us as we observe YHWH's eternal commands. This was at the heart of Paul's message; and reflected as he taught his disciples to keep Passover. Paul's sacrifices are a entirely different subject.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I didn't mention sacrifices and sin offerings in reference to the shadows of things to come. Neither did Paul. Paul talked about food, drink, Moedim, New Moons, and Sabbaths.

We are not to let Ascetics judge us as we observe YHWH's eternal commands. This was at the heart of Paul's message; and reflected as he taught his disciples to keep Passover. Paul's sacrifices are a entirely different subject.

You cannot separate animal sacrifices and sin offerings from the Levitical Priesthood, Feast days and the earthly Sanctuary in the old covenant dear friend. Paul taught his disciples that Jesus is now our Passover who is sacrificed for us *1 Corinthians 5:7-8 once and for all *Hebrews 10:10. This means there is no more animal sacrifices today as these "shadow laws" for remission of sin pointed to the coming Christ to who they are fulfilled in *John 1:29. If we read the new covenant scriptures of Paul we also see there is no more Levitical Priesthood *Hebrews 7:1-25 or earthly Sanctuary *Hebrews 8:2-5. There is no Passover without animal sacrifices and no one keeps the old testament Passover without animal sacrifices and sin offering *Exodus 12:1-11; 27; 43; 48; Exodus 34:25; Numbers 9:2-14; Numbers 28:16-20; Deuteronomy 16:1-5; 2 Chronicles 35:6-19. Are you still making animal sacrifices with a Levitical Priest and an earthly Sanctuary? - Nope! Then your not keeping Passover according to the old covenant Torah. The good news however is that today we do not have practice these animal sacrifices and sin offerings because we are in the new covenant now and not the old covenant based on better promises. These same laws are continued in Christ who is our true Passover *1 Corinthians 5:7-8; Matthew 26:2 once and for all *Hebrews 10:10 in which these "shadow laws" *Hebrews 10:1-17 all pointed to and are continued in based on better promises *Hebrews 8:1-6. There has been a change in the Priesthood dear friend *Hebrews 7:1-28. Jesus is now our great High Priest ministering on our behalf in the Heavenly Sanctuary not made with hands that the Lord pitch and not man *Hebrews 8:2 of which the earthly was only a copy *Hebrews 8:5 thanks be to God our Savior! Amen. Time to leave the shadows. Christ our Passover has arrived.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You cannot separate animal sacrifices and sin offerings from the Levitical Priesthood, Feast days and the earthly Sanctuary in the old covenant dear friend.

Because YHWH commands the Priesthood to present a DOUBLE animal sacrifice on every 7th day sabbath? :scratch:

(CLV) Num 28:9
On the sabbath day you shall bring near two flawless year-old he-lambs, and two tenths of an ephah of flour, an approach present mingled iwith oil, with its libation.

(CLV) Num 28:10
This is the sabbath ascent offering on its sabbath along with the regular ascent offering with its libation.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Paul taught his disciples that Jesus is now our Passover who is sacrificed for us *1 Corinthians 5:7-8 once and for all *Hebrews 10:10. This means there is no more animal sacrifices today as these "shadow laws" for remission of sin pointed to the coming Christ to who they are fulfilled in *John 1:29.

So why did Paul tell his disciples to continue to honor Passover; and why did Paul continue to make sacrifices?

I don't believe that Paul was a hypocrite, who was leading his disciples away from Messiah.

How do you explain the animal sacrifices that will be made during the Millennial Reign? Is it your understanding that all animal sacrifices are for the remission of sin? If so, you might want to do a little study on this topic.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Because YHWH commands the Priesthood to present a DOUBLE animal sacrifice on every 7th day sabbath? :scratch:

(CLV) Num 28:9
On the sabbath day you shall bring near two flawless year-old he-lambs, and two tenths of an ephah of flour, an approach present mingled iwith oil, with its libation.

(CLV) Num 28:10
This is the sabbath ascent offering on its sabbath along with the regular ascent offering with its libation.

Time to leave the Shadows dear friend. As posted in the last post Jesus is our true sacrifice for sin. We are in the new covenant now not the old covenant. This is what the animal sacrifices all pointed to and were prophesying of. Did you read the scriptures in the previous post? John 1:29; 36; Hebrews 10:10; *1 Corinthians 5:7-8; Matthew 26:2; Hebrews 10:1-18. Lets add some more; John 3:16; 1 John 2:2; Romans 5:8; Hebrews 9:12-14; 1 Timothy 2:5; John 14:6; Ephesians 5:2; Hebrews 2:17; Hebrews 10:12-14; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 9:28; Ephesians 1:7; Philippians 2:17; Hebrews 9:26; Hebrews 10:1. Read the scriptures shared with you here dear friend

Hope this is helpful

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If we read the new covenant scriptures of Paul we also see there is no more Levitical Priesthood

I haven't seen the verse where Paul makes that claim. Saying "it's in there," doesn't cut it. I believe that you are taking Paul out of context. Again, I don't believe that Paul was a false teacher, a heretic, who would contradict YHWH himself.

(CLV) Jer 33:18
As for the Levitical priests there shall not be cut off a man from before Me who offers up the ascent offering and fumes the approach present and offers sacrifices for all the days.

(CLV) Jer 33:19
The word of Yahweh came to Jeremiah, saying,

(CLV) Jer 33:20
Thus says Yahweh: If you could annul My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night so that daytime and night fail to come about in their proper time,

(CLV) Jer 33:21
then also My covenant could be annulled with David My servant, so that he should not come to have a son reigning on his throne, and that with the Levites, the priests, My ministers.

To annul the eternal covenant with the Levites is to reject Yahshua as the rightful King.

I reject any such notion.

Upvote 0